Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

The 1000th Ddp Hit

10,000 forum points to anyone who can guess who it's going to be.

Oswald Morris

We are currently at about 945-6 now aren't we?

I'll go for Ronnie Biggs (even though it's most likely to be someone I've never heard of).

Edit: Just read the email...we are a bit closer to the 1000 than I though. So Zsa Zsa Gabor is my choice.

Am I allowed to guess Clive Dunn?

5.gif

Random number/"insight" generator has plumped for Reg Turnill.

Random number/"insight" generator has plumped for Reg Turnill.

That'll be one of mine :banghead:

[optimism]

Maggie Thatcher

[/optimism]

Ian Brady

It would be disapointing if it wasn't a biggie. I'll go for Nelson Mandela

<--- I'll go with a big name too - Kirk Douglas

With Buster Martin and Ronnie Coyle, how deep are we in now? We must be looking at within the next two weeks.

For synchonicity's sake it'd be nice if it was Danielle Mitterrand but I feel in true DDP style it's going to be either "the relative of someone famous" or "someone who isn't famous but wrote about their cancer in a newspaper thinkpiece so they get a nice obit when they pop off instead".

With Buster Martin and Ronnie Coyle, how deep are we in now? We must be looking at within the next two weeks.

For synchonicity's sake it'd be nice if it was Danielle Mitterrand but I feel in true DDP style it's going to be either "the relative of someone famous" or "someone who isn't famous but wrote about their cancer in a newspaper thinkpiece so they get a nice obit when they pop off instead".

Yes, it's all gone a bit pacy in the last few days. 992 by my calculations. We could get to three figures by Easter or the Royal Wedding....

Folks, It's a three-way tie for number 1000 between Osama bin Laden, Ted Lowe and Henry Cooper!

It'll all be decided by what the HTML page generator puts on the top of the list... :lol:

Three worthy contenders.

It could well be Osama. If he was killed in the early hours of 2nd May BST, then he's number 1000...

EDIT: Time of death must be based on where he was, not GMT/BST. However, If he died in Pakistan, as it is several hours ahead of UK/USA, then there's a fair chance

he did die in Pakistan on 2nd May...

Three worthy contenders.

It could well be Osama. If he was killed in the early hours of 2nd May BST, then he's number 1000...

EDIT: Time of death must be based on where he was, not GMT/BST. However, If he died in Pakistan, as it is several hours ahead of UK/USA, then there's a fair chance

According to an article on the BBC he must have been killed between 9-10pm BST on 1st May. Thats 1am on 2nd May in Pakistan

Looks like Twitter has a use after all.

Three worthy contenders.

According to an article on the BBC he must have been killed between 9-10pm BST on 1st May. Thats 1am on 2nd May in Pakistan

Looks like Twitter has a use after all.

Well unless someone else has died/died and got proper obit before 2nd May, I can semi-officially confirm that Osama bin Laden is indeed the 1000th hit in DDP History.

God Bless America!

There'll be a double-email tonight covering the last hits of April and this historic moment...

Barak Obama timed the death of bin liner perfectly !!!!!