The Yeti

Irate Visitors Rage Here, If You Must.

Guest Iceman

A friend showed me this site and i think its pretty cool.

So has anyone got it right yet and predicted a death that has actually happened :)

Regards

Andy

If you care to look at the lists dating back to 1987, you can judge for yourself.

2003 was the best year, or rather, the best 6 months in DL history!

Given the quality of the 2006 intake and active membership - Alphonsin, OoO and Lawrenson in particular, I think Jan - June 2007 could be a classic period. Assuming we heed the possibles thread.

Given the quality of the 2006 intake and active membership - Alphonsin, OoO and Lawrenson in particular, I think Jan - June 2007 could be a classic period. Assuming we heed the possibles thread.

By "we" I take it you mean the DL committee, fat chance as the bulk of them seem to be mostly absent these days.

Aye, indeed I mean them. Mebbe I'm expecting too much but I'd noticed their absence too and thought - in the circumstances, they'd be obliged to trawl forums and the possibles thread for picks next year.

Mebbe I'm gettin' too optimistic on that front, we'll see over the Christmas hols eh?

By "we" I take it you mean the DL committee, fat chance as the bulk of them seem to be mostly absent these days.

Are you suggesting that they should no longer be responsible for the picking the top 50?

Do I hear the feint rumble of disatisfaction?

Are you suggesting that they should no longer be responsible for the picking the top 50?

Do I hear the feint rumble of disatisfaction?

Well if this year is anything to go by they have hardly got their collective fingers on the deadpool pulse.

Time for some DL moderators/admins to step aside and let others fill their mostly absent shoes.

What use is a moderator/admin if they are largely absent?

(adopts shoddy Charles Laughton voice)

Is that mutiny Mr Christian?

I've looking around at other deadpools. There's one called thedeadpool.net, who

also claim to be around since 1986 but I had a look at what appeared to be

the list and it was crap!

I'm going to have a look at rotten.com now....

Well if this year is anything to go by they have hardly got their collective fingers on the deadpool pulse.

Time for some DL moderators/admins to step aside and let others fill their mostly absent shoes.

Are you trying to get yourself abused? As you wish.

So you admit you are abusing your moderator powers, that at least is good.

I will continue to speak my mind, I'll not kowtow to you Typhoid Harry.

Guest Harv Le Havre

So you admit you are abusing your moderator powers, that at least is good.

I will continue to speak my mind, I'll not kowtow to you Typhoid Harry.

Could prove to be a right dangerous move Temp...trust me on this one.

Just to briefly play devils advocate, their has been a deathlist since 1987 and a fourm since, what, 2003? So really no-one on the fourm has any claim to it. Anyway, the fairly high level of fame of people on Deathlist means you don't have to be trawling forums all that much as the real media will genrally report any major developments.

Death List is becoming a rather good news agency for dead celebs.

We found out about Ross Davidson's demise from this

website before anyone else... :D

Death List is becoming a rather good news agency for dead celebs.

We found out about Ross Davidson's demise from this

website before anyone else... :D

Who is "we"?

'We' as in those who found out about Davidson's death 2 nights ago and subsequently

replied on the forum in response. Have a look for yourself on the Ros Davidson thread,

evening of the 16th October..... :D

'We' as in those who found out about Davidson's death 2 nights ago and subsequently

replied on the forum in response. Have a look for yourself on the Ros Davidson thread,

evening of the 16th October..... :D

Oh I see... I thought maybe it was 'we' as in 'the entire editorial staff of the BBC' or something exciting like that. My mistake! :)

Oooh no,no,no,no. I'm just a humble member.

The 'we' who you were infering witnessed the news too - Death Watch Beatle....

Guest Confused Guest

I looked up a couple of d.o.d's and browsed to the posts made on those days and I have to say how very anti-climactic it seems.

I was expecting you guys to be jumping up and down and whooping, but it all seems very sedate.

Why no celebration, or would that be wierd?

Also-- does anyone recall the cause of Simon Cadell's death?

And do the croakers you didn't pick get an honerable mention?

How come Castro didn't make the list?

[Posts moved and merged -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

(Apologies for the multiple posts, but it doesn't look like guests get to edit).

Too many ranters last year. Got to be a bit tiresome.

I'm pretty sure he'll be back next year given his recent health scares.

I looked up a couple of d.o.d's and browsed to the posts made on those days and I have to say how very anti-climactic it seems.

I was expecting you guys to be jumping up and down and whooping, but it all seems very sedate.

Why no celebration, or would that be wierd?

Also-- does anyone recall the cause of Simon Cadell's death?

And do the croakers you didn't pick get an honerable mention?

[Posts moved and merged -- MH]

Oh yes, we're very polite round here.... :pop:

Some newcomers/ranters sometimes misunderstand the tone of this site,

for sometimes it might have a glib/sarcastic/gallows side, it can be largely

respectful of the dying/dead.

The Paul Hunter thread would make a good case study: Ranters bombarded

us with angry stuff under the assumption that we were being unreasonably cruel,

but in the fact the mood was often reverential.

I wager that most of the main contributers have had experienced death close-up in

their lives - I know I have...

I think the great Simon Cadell died of terminal lung cancer..

There's an embarrassingly large thread devoted to near misses and a new,

sister thread detailing the deaths of those not so famous, but still regarded

in some capacity...

Hope that answers your queries.... :)

[Links added -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

Well..............This is my first and last post....

Maybe its the sign of times today when a website is created by sickos who get a kick about the ill, sick and dying....and even more sicker is the following it gets and people who join it.

This world is a sick place and sicker for people like you who revel and get off on news of dying folks.

The good news is - ALL of you are gonna die one day - thats a dead cert, (pun intended). I hope you are all looking forward to it

Maybe its the sign of times today when a website is created by sickos who get a kick about the ill, sick and dying....and even more sicker is the following it gets and people who join it.

This world is a sick place and sicker for people like you who revel and get off on news of dying folks.

The good news is - ALL of you are gonna die one day - thats a dead cert, (pun intended). I hope you are all looking forward to it

stu, there is a saying that goes like this. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. You said that people who join this forum are sickos, but I see that this website has captivated enough of your interest that you also joined. So are you calling yourself a sicko? :)

As we all hope you are too, and soon, you nit...

Thanks for that Stu, or should I call you Mr Pid?

Thank you for dropping by.

you're fairly much a fairly far gone sicko yourself then since you did indeedly yes indeedy find this site. Must have been some twisted wire in your brain holder to make you come looking for it/us/we. :D:D:):):):lol::lol:

Oh yes most indubitably.