The Yeti

Irate Visitors Rage Here, If You Must.

Guest Lucky_Man_

Keith Emerson, the flamboyant, English prog-rock pioneer who rose to fame as the keyboardist for supergroup Emerson, Lake & Palmer in the ’70s, died in Santa Monica, Calif. on Thursday at age 71. Although the cause of death was not revealed, an official statement was issued by bandmate, percussionist Carl Palmer.

“I am deeply saddened to learn of the passing of my good friend and brother-in-music, Keith Emerson,” wrote Palmer in the statement. “Keith was a gentle soul whose love for music and passion for his performance as a keyboard player will remain unmatched for many years to come. He was a pioneer and an innovator whose musical genius touched all of us in the worlds of rock, classical and jazz. I will always remember his warm smile, good sense of humor, compelling showmanship, and dedication to his musical craft. I am very lucky to have known him and to have made the music we did, together. Rest in peace, Keith.”

http://variety.com/2016/music/news/keith-emerson-dies-dead-emerson-lake-palmer-1201728226/

It seems that Mr Emerson did 'a Kurt Cobain'.

Suicide by a single gunshot.. although Cobain gave it both barrels.

We've done well, not one irate guest (or anyone else actually) has bothered to post here in a month. Keep up the great work me brethren ! :pop:

• Like 2

It seems that Mr Emerson did 'a Kurt Cobain'.

Suicide by a single gunshot.. although Cobain gave it both barrels.

I've wondered about that when I've seen it, I mean, did he miss with the first one?

I've fired a shotgun clay pigeon shooting a couple of times and as far as i recall on a modern shotgun either under and over or side by side you have to pull the trigger twice in succession. I think the old ones had two triggers one behind the other so i suppose it's possible to pull both concurrently. But I'd have thought with a modern one, well there's no easy way to put this, how much of your head is left to send the instruction to pull it again?

• Like 1

Good question. One which I'm sure the vast majority of our American 'gun-totin, rootin-tootin' chaps here can answer.

:2guns::duck::shoot:

Good question. One which I'm sure the vast majority of our American 'gun-totin, rootin-tootin' chaps here can answer.

More to the point, once we find the volunteers and the money-hungry psychiatrists who'll draw up the paperwork for the volunteers to sign...

I'd say the show that answers the one trigger/two trigger question is reality television gold

• Like 1

? Thought wiring the triggers together is normal practice?

One well placed shotgun shell is sufficient.

? Thought wiring the triggers together is normal practice?

For sucide by antique maybe. Normal practice?, normal....?? Did you get this from that well known booklet:- "Blowing your brains out the Purdey way" 1876 revision? :lol:

One well placed shotgun shell is sufficient.

Sure and that's kind of the point, it's not the first occasion I've seen it quoted that Cobain used both.

Prompted me to look it up now, so see here for shotgun configuration and an explanation of multiple triggers and the ability to fire both barrels simultaneously.

• Like 1

Great idea for eliminating contestants on the next Big Brother, X Factor & B.G.T.

More to the point, once we find the volunteers and the money-hungry psychiatrists who'll draw up the paperwork for the volunteers to sign...

I'd say the show that answers the one trigger/two trigger question is reality television gold

Reality Roulette.

Get the trigger question on 'the dynamics of quantum entanglement' wrong & watch them sweat for the last 10 seconds of their pitiful life.

• Like 2

Great idea for eliminating contestants on the next Big Brother, X Factor & B.G.T.

Reality Roulette.

Get the trigger question on 'the dynamics of quantum entanglement' wrong & watch them sweat for the last 10 seconds of their pitiful life.

Deep thinking and unrepentent thick-fuck jokes; Taters I salute you!

Jack-Black-Salutes-With-Passion-In-Schoo

Cheers Matey-peeps, I am the self proclaimed 'King of Thick as fuck' despite leaving school with 2 'A' Levels & 8 'O' Levels. (That's 10 GCSEs to those who left school within the past 30 years) :)

Jack-Black-Salutes-With-Passion-In-Schoo

Cheers Matey-peeps, I am the self proclaimed 'King of Thick as fuck' despite leaving school with 2 'A' Levels & 8 'O' Levels. (That's 10 GCSEs to those who left school within the past 30 years) :)

It's not, it's 8 GCSES and 2 GCEs (which are commonly known as A-Levels). Still reasonably impressive for someone who is "thick as fuck".

I wonder where MH went.

To finally (officially) convert to Islam, or having a meltdown cos he realised I was right about everything?

*takes credit for being first to mention MH's disappearance three days ago*

• Like 1

I wonder where MH went.

To finally (officially) convert to Islam, or having a meltdown cos he realised I was right about everything?

He hasn't been absent that long? I was speaking to him a month and a half or so ago - which is less than you "disappeared" for. Maybe he got the same sentence?

• Like 2

I wonder where MH went.

He hasn't been absent that long? I was speaking to him a month and a half or so ago - which is less than you "disappeared" for. Maybe he got the same sentence?

Maybe MH gas gone on holiday. Zorders was grounded by his mum

• Like 1

I wonder where MH went.

Please, just for the sake of sparing us from your "jokes", kill yourself.

I wonder where MH went.

Me Mum says can you use the Vaseline next time please ? And those Spiderman 'Y'-fronts have to go.

• Like 1

I wonder where MH went.

Me Mum says can you use the Vaseline next time please ? And those Spiderman 'Y'-fronts have to go.

Batman or go home.

• Like 1

I wonder where MH went.

Batman or go home.

Many a time has my mother sent him home to change his underwear. Methinks Zorders will be going 'commando' next time he dons his Peppa Pig, pink-gimp mask.

• Like 1

We've done well, not one irate guest (or anyone else actually) has bothered to post here in a month. Keep up the great work me brethren ! :pop:

Not looked in for a while but, by God sir, I am still outraged and exceedingly irate. Once I know why, I'll let you know.

Not looked in for a while but, by God sir, I am still outraged and exceedingly irate. Once I know why, I'll let you know.

Calm down, you got your way with Brexit didn't you?

• Like 1

Calm down, you got your way with Brexit didn't you?

I did? Your presumption, whether accurate or otherwise is certainly cause for outrage...

There are a ton of guests here at the moment. Do they know something we don't?