Ricster

Kim Jong-Un

6 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Some fairly credible sources now saying Kim Jong Un is dead.We'll have to wait a few days to see if it's credible or not but it is starting to look more and more likely it's true. 

i cant find any

Maybe I've got it wrong..They're not saying he is actually dead,it's more speculative of what would happen if he had died. For example  this https://nypost.com/2020/04/22/death-of-kim-jong-un-could-require-massive-military-response/ and this https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/kim-jong-un-health-sister-yo-jong-north-korea-a9477331.html I have probably over interpreted it.But I doubt they would be talking this way unless something is seriously wrong. But like I say I could have got it wrong.If there's any truth in it we're bound to find out in the next few days one way or another ...

• Angry 2

17 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Maybe I've got it wrong..They're not saying he is actually dead,it's more speculative of what would happen if he had died. For example  this https://nypost.com/2020/04/22/death-of-kim-jong-un-could-require-massive-military-response/ and this https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/kim-jong-un-health-sister-yo-jong-north-korea-a9477331.html I have probably over interpreted it.But I doubt they would be talking this way unless something is seriously wrong. But like I say I could have got it wrong.If there's any truth in it we're bound to find out in the next few days one way or another ...

It’s nothing more than media speculation...

If he is actually dead it will be the death of the decade, then again the way it’s started off, it might not be the death of the year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Doc said:

If he is actually dead it will be the death of the decade, then again the way it’s started off, it might not be the death of the year.

He's not though.

7 hours ago, Doc said:

Can’t work out the logic on someone being the death of a decade but NOT the death of the year?!!

• Like 1

Quick recap. CNN and Bloomberg report he underwent cardiac stent surgery and is in critical conditions following complications; they claim to have independent sources for that. This guy, an Italian scholar living in Bejing with close ties to the Communist Party, adfirms Kim is already dead and they are planning succesion. He claims China sent a team of doctors from Bejing to save his life, but they failed.

Trump called the CNN report "fake news" (and you know Trump is a dork), Sydney Morning Herald adfirms Kim was visiting some touristic sites these past days, but NK media did not mention anything (and they usually follow Kim's routine closely). 

Personally I still think he will reappear out of nothing like Jiang Zemin in 2012. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If he's dead, I'm certain they'll get a body double to fool the people for a number of years, then announce his death in 2050. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

If he's dead, I'm certain they'll get a body double to fool the people for a number of years, then announce his death in 2050. 

Kim Yo-jung, the Sister of the Supreme Life, the Goddess who was born under a stone and fought the legions of darkness rearing up from the core of the Earth. She will vanquish then and bring honour on her people. She will guard that cave where her grandfather waited until he was called.  Her beauty will enthral the world and send all men into submission. Her beauty is so that you can never lay eyes upon her nor utter her name more than three times. This is the word. This is the next coming. 

12 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Yeah, they just have to fatten his doppelgänger up so he match the some 130kgs Kim weigh(s or ed).

• Haha 1

Yes, China seems to "confirm" he is dead. I still think he is not.

Actually I just read a source which adfirms he likely broke his ankle on 14th April and will reappear when he will be able to walk again. Anyway, nothing serious.

I have no idea who this "Italian scholar" is – a self appointed expert by the sounds, but before this continues going round and round in circles, I'd just like to remind others on here that we went through this constant stream of rumours, speculation and conspiracies about Kim Jong-il when he was alive.

And yet, when he did actually die (suddenly, and from a heart attack) his death was announced by the North Koreans within hours.

It is totally against the interests of the North Korean regime to delay or cover up the death of their leader. For their totalitarian regime it actually works in their favour as it elevates the leader to being some kind of an eternal figure for them. A "saint" if you will.

That, and the fact that behind closed doors there will be a successor in mind, and if Jong-un dies, the role will simply be carried over to the next person. Right now, that's likely to be his younger sister as his own children are too young.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I have no idea who this "Italian scholar" is – a self appointed expert by the sounds, but before this continues going round and round in circles, I'd just like to remind others on here that we went through this constant stream of rumours, speculation and conspiracies about Kim Jong-il when he was alive.

And yet, when he did actually die (suddenly, and from a heart attack) his news was announced by the North Koreans within several hours.

It is totally against the interests of the North Korean regime to delay or cover up the death of their leader. For their totalitarian regime it actually works in their favour as it elevates the leader to being some kind of an eternal figure for them. A "saint" if you will.

That, and the fact that behind closed doors there will be a successor in mind, and if Jong-un dies, the role will simply be carried over to the next person. Right now, that's likely to be his younger sister as his own children are too young.

I think they did wait 48 hours or so to announce Jong-il’s death iirc, but there was none of this speculation that he likely died at that point...

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

I think they did wait 48 hours or so to announce Jong-il’s death iirc, but there was none of this speculation that he likely died at that point...

Maybe true, though I recall there being rumours on several instances over several years that he had died (plus many who believed he had in fact died years ago and had been replaced by a double).

Suppose they have to announce the death when the leader eventually runs out of doubles. :D

22 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Maybe true, though I recall there being rumours on several instances over several years that he had died (plus many who believed he had in fact died years ago and had been replaced by a double).

Suppose they have to announce the death when the leader eventually runs out of doubles. :D

People or chins?

4 hours ago, drol said:

Actually I just read a source which adfirms he likely broke his ankle on 14th April and will reappear when he will be able to walk again. Anyway, nothing serious.

If it was merely a broken ankle. Surely they'd have put him in front of the cameras at some stage meeting Generals or whatever

Korea Central TV, North Korea's only station, is oddly on air at the moment. The station is usually off air on Saturdays, which makes it strange. They're showing a pre-recorded propaganda puff piece at the moment. 

Something is obviously up - a coup perhaps?

30 minutes ago, JQW said:

Korea Central TV, North Korea's only station, is oddly on air at the moment. The station is usually off air on Saturdays, which makes it strange. They're showing a pre-recorded propaganda puff piece at the moment. 

Something is obviously up - a coup perhaps?

Very interesting. Will be keeping a close eye on that as the day goes on !  Are they wearing black by any chance? It's more likely to be the announcement of Kims death rather than a coup but we'll see...

Soooo... Today could be the day? 

This could surely be interesting.

Edit: I can see that a picture of the deceased dictator is flooding around but it could easily be faked. Chinese sources tells that his sister will be the new dictator of NK. 

They're just showing a montage of patriotic songs at the moment, nothing more. News usually goes out at 5pm local time, which is just over an hour away. 

Just seen on twitter someone called @katyturNBC has reported Kim Jong Un is brain dead and in a coma quoting    2 US diplomatic sources. .She has a verified twitter account but some people are casting doubt on her claim. I guess we'll find out soon if there's any truth in it ! 

Hong Kong tv are reporting his death- a Chinese delegation is travelling to North Korea to verify if he is still alive or not...https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-sends-doctors-to-north-korea-as-rumors-on-kim-jong-uns-health-swirl/ar-BB13aiqb

Surely if Kim was alive and well there's no way they would  let speculation go on this long without making an announcement ! It's increasingly obvious something major has happened ! 

• Like 1