The Unknown Man

The Dead Of 2012

Actor Charlton Heston who won an oscar for Ben-Hur has Alzhimers disese

*sees a joke running around, all tired & old* huh, there's something you don't see everyday.

Some people had everything working against them, and survived. But the reaper gets them in the end. I don't think we had a "last one..." cathegory for this one....

Last gay Jewish Holocaust survivor dies

Almost as obscure a group as this lot...

http://ogfwbtsmbkp.b...01_archive.html

The-Logo.jpg

Chariman of Hearst Board Corporation and oldest grandson of William Randolph Hearst, George R. Hearst Jr., dies from stroke complications at 84.

The jockey Campbell Gillies has died while on holiday, aged 21. He had a winner, Brindisi Breeze, at this year's Cheltenham Festival.

The jockey Campbell Gillies has died while on holiday, aged 21. He had a winner, Brindisi Breeze, at this year's Cheltenham Festival.

The horse is dead too is it not? Bolted from its stable right into the front of a truck...

The horse is dead too is it not? Bolted from its stable right into the front of a truck...

Verily I say unto thee that this is true.

BB (one will note we share the same initials, too bad we didn't share the winnings), was murdered by a truck or a lorry or a tanker (each article offers a different name for the vehicle) after escaping from the paddock early one Saturday morning in May of this year. He was said to have died instantly according to trainer Lucinda Russell. Clearly BB was psychic and knew what fate awaited young Campbell and knew he'd want his favorite steed upon arrival in the next world.

Brindisi Breeze dies in freak accident - Horse Racing News | Racing Post

Verily I say unto thee that this is true.

BB (one will note we share the same initials, too bad we didn't share the winnings), was murdered by a truck or a lorry or a tanker (each article offers a different name for the vehicle) after escaping from the paddock early one Saturday morning in May of this year. He was said to have died instantly according to trainer Lucinda Russell. Clearly BB was psychic and knew what fate awaited young Campbell and knew he'd want his favorite steed upon arrival in the next world.

Brindisi Breeze dies in freak accident - Horse Racing News | Racing Post

Lucinda Russell's probably getting pretty nervous about now then.

Count Robert de la Rochefoucauld

He lived a quiet, non descript life.

(I think this wins the award for best obituary of the year, incidentally)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yitzhak_Shamir dead on Wiki, I know, but it is as reliable as Twitter or all Scottish papers..........

Guest Norman

So far the first three picks on the list have died. I think the top three picks have only obliged once before, in 2008.

Now we just need Ronnie Biggs to be sent to the great jail in the sky to have a really good 2012 record of getting the first four in a row!

Sergio Pininfarina, automobile designer, died today aged 85

Sergio Pininfarina, automobile designer, died today aged 85

After Carol Shelby and Ferdinand Porsche another design god lost in a matter of weeks....

Who next? Lee Iacocca? He's 87 now.

Guest American Sports Fan

US entertainer Andy Griffith is dead at 86 http://www.tmz.com/2...fith-dies-dead/

Wow, why did I think he had died like five years ago? I must've been mixing him up with his old co-star Don Knotts.

The avtor James Grout has died at 83.He was best known perhaps as the boss of Inspector Morse in the show of the same name.. http://www.guardian....y?newsfeed=true

This is sad news as I thought he was wonderful but it did get me thinking!

James Grout played Mr Butterbur, who as you all know is the innkeeper at the Prancing Pony in Bree, in the Radio 4 adaptation of Lord of the Rings. With the exception of the hobbits (Ian Holm, Bill Nighy, Richard McCabe) most of the major cast members are no longer with us (Michael Horden, Robert Stephens, Jack May, John Le Messurier) when I get some time I might check out the full cast and update!