1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Your point was right. I didn’t say it was ok to post without looking. I just say that it doesn’t need to insult people. We’re all grown ups, we’re able to communicate without being that angry all the time, furthermore when people are new here ! A simple notice as Ulitzer did is quite sufficient I think but I didn’t want to upset you either !

You are quite right @Ulitzer95’s reply was classy because Gisooo, despite his errors, is acting in good faith. That jackass from yesterday is a borderline troll who deserves a more stern response. He consistently violates forum norms and half the time a thread is bumped it’s him making some inane comment. 

• Facepalm 1

Eileen Bennett (IMDb) - British actress, was born on July 8, 1920 in London, her last credit was in 1943

She is a mother of American actor Nicholas Hammond (Wiki)

Still alive at 101, living in Washington, USA

aa.jpg.2762d078d452fcf63104ce2a08b7e038.jpg 

216641640_4080045758768971_1713936655874641491_n.thumb.jpg.3c49a654d859f1677a71225490f9a589.jpg 

British actress Vera Frances (Wiki) - born 1930 is dead according to this, her Wiki and IMDb says she is still alive at 91. She died in 2000 in Cambridge, UK

Also she married Dennis William Ward from 1953 to 2000. I think its her death that the marriage ended

Vera Frances - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

4 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

British actress Vera Frances (Wiki) - born 1930 is dead according to this, her Wiki and IMDb says she is still alive at 91. She died in 2000 in Cambridge, UK

Also she married Dennis William Ward from 1953 to 2000. I think its her death that the marriage ended

Vera Frances - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

That isn't true. She was interviewed in 2008.

It was her husband who died in Cambridgeshire in 2000.

12 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

That isn't true. She was interviewed in 2008.

It was her husband who died in Cambridgeshire in 2000.

Ole Gisooo has been doing well on DL......:lol:

• Like 5

Yes, also @Gisooo, if you find any new information on anyone but it's dubious and unverified, then it belongs in the Detective thread.

FYI though, it appears Vera Frances may have died in 2016 in Southwark, London, but you'd need to prove it's the same person somehow. Her maiden surname was Still so you could verify it by ordering a death certificate (if you really care that much) or getting verification from elsewhere online that she went to live in Southwark in her last years.

WARD, VERA  FRANCES   1930  
GRO Reference:  DOR  Q3/2016 in SOUTHWARK  (251-1A)  Entry Number 514050703
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Yes, also @Gisooo, if you find any new information on anyone but it's dubious and unverified, then it belongs in the Detective thread.

FYI though, it appears Vera Frances may have died in 2016 in Southwark, London, but you'd need to prove it's the same person somehow. Her maiden surname was Still so you could verify it by ordering a death certificate (if you really care that much) or getting verification from elsewhere online that she went to live in Southwark in her last years.

WARD, VERA  FRANCES   1930  
GRO Reference:  DOR  Q3/2016 in SOUTHWARK  (251-1A)  Entry Number 514050703

Sorry to be pendanic but I think registration district is where you died not where you lived. In the majority of cases it will be the same but not always 

15 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Sorry to be pendanic but I think registration district is where you died not where you lived. In the majority of cases it will be the same but not always 

That's true, but it's generally the same.

Until it's explained, I wouldn't take it as confirmation of her death. The names "Vera" "Frances" and "Ward" are not exactly the most common, but nor are they rare...

... we've been here before when mistakes have been made with similar or same named people. Baroness Turner (wiki) springs to mind. There was a death notice for a different Muriel Winifred Turner circulating a couple of years before the Baroness died, and the family had to issue a statement denying she was dead after most assumed it was the same person.

• Like 1

There's a twig on my family tree with a most unusual surname,  but incredibly there are two Miriam Joyce Wankbadgers born in the same year in the same registration district.

(The surname isn't really Wankbadger.)

• Haha 3

On 02/02/2022 at 19:48, Toast said:

There's a twig on my family tree with a most unusual surname,  but incredibly there are two Miriam Joyce Wankbadgers born in the same year in the same registration district.

(The surname isn't really Wankbadger.)

I had an even odder thing when researching one branch of my family with a very rare surname (everyone with it in the Uk is somehow linked to the Anglicisation). I found one death record for a man with the same surname and birth as a relative but could never find a birth record. I asked some Genealogy experts on a forum and they think he might have faked his identity rather than having immigrated to the UK.

But my grandmothers had unusual maiden names and married men with very common surnames. 

@Ulitzer95 I got the information that Vera Frances was still alive on 2020. Is not Vera (actress) who died in 2016. Also she has a dance school created in 1953 and closed on October 2020 due to Covid. Her family mentioned that they "had to look after Miss Frances"

Emma Thompson describes living with her "frail mother" and daughter during quarantine.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2022/feb/10/living-in-a-womans-body-my-daughter-thrums-with-life-my-mother-is-frail-and-im-balanced-between

Only health-related details about her mother Phyllida Law is that she wonders why her "fanny is getting bigger".

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Although Phyllida Law was still quite active until lockdown so maybe one to watch if she's now suddenly extremely frail.

• Sad 1

Spike Jefferson, for many years a Sven-Goran Eriksson look-a-like turned actor who starred in the TV movie Sven: The Coach, The Cash And His Lovers, and who also had a part as the old bass player in Eurovision Song Contest: The Story Of Fire Saga, reportedly dead from cancer: 

• Like 2

Today is the 92nd birthday of Henry Lincoln:party:
26744.jpg.318a329ba8e3567aa43bd21bae9b2a15.jpg

A very prolific British character actor (and author), and yet no public appearances since 2008 as far as I can tell. Anybody know anything more? @msc maybe, given his Doctor Who credits?

For users outside the UK, this chap was basically responsible for Dan Brown writing The Da Vinci Code.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

A very prolific British character actor (and author), and yet no public appearances since 2008 as far as I can tell. Anybody know anything more? @msc maybe, given his Doctor Who credits?

For users outside the UK, this chap was basically responsible for Dan Brown writing The Da Vinci Code.

I have a mental note that he's been unwell for a while but I can't remember where I found this out. I'm presuming age related rather than more serious given this was a few years ago. 

Even before that, he's not very people friendly so public appearances being a rarity wasn't a surprise. He wont have anything to do with Dr Who due to the previously mentioned financial rip off (and fair enough),  and he has a habit of burning bridges with other collaborators. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stage obit for Anthony May who died back on Christmas Eve, 2021: https://www.thestage.co.uk/obituaries--archive/obituaries/anthony-may

Both well regarded theatre and film actor, his role in Zigger Zagger on stage led to a most promising newcomer nomination, later filmed for TV. Played a pop singer in Here Come The Double Deckers, Billy in McVicar and a nobleman in Maleficent. (That should cover the generations on here). Many supporting roles.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0561871/

image.jpeg.4f0c36face11d8a0db78e534230555b3.jpeg

• Like 3

British actress Barbara Wallace (IMDb) at 98 is still active on films and television shows, her last credit was Rose Blossom on drama-crime series Riverdale

(2017- 2021)

Barbara Wallace - TheTVDB.com

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

British actress Barbara Wallace (IMDb) at 98 is still active on films and television shows, her last credit was Rose Blossom on drama-crime series Riverdale

(2017- 2021)

Barbara Wallace - TheTVDB.com

I've come across her several times before.

I'm not at all convinced that the 1923 DOB is accurate. She looks much younger.

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I've come across her several times before.

I'm not at all convinced that the 1923 DOB is accurate. She looks much younger.

Yes it can, however it will be learned one day when the actress is no more. We hope she does not die off the radar even though I do not believe it.

• Like 1

Talking Pictures TV this week broadcast an interview with 60s/70s TV regular Ellen McIntosh off of Ulitzers list. 91 this year and she looks and sounds amazing for her age. 

• Like 1

Obituary for character actress Mitzi Rogers who has died aged 81: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/feb/18/mitzi-davies-obituary

Another from that Why Didn't They Ask Evans? 1980 adaptation (I think that's three in the last year) she played Jenny Sutton, a character who married Dennis Tanner in Coronation Street, a couple of appearances in very early The Avengers and various other supporting roles. A well known face. RIP, darling.

Archivetvmusings on Twitter: "Plenty of familar faces amongst the patients  - Alan Lake, Joseph Brady, Mitzi Rogers and George Waring.  https://t.co/L9cC2aPuin" / Twitter

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 12/02/2022 at 15:45, Ulitzer95 said:

Today is the announcement of the death of Henry Lincoln, aged 92. Toby tweeted confirmation of earlier rumours.

Farewell you grouchy talented man!

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, msc said:

Today is the announcement of the death of Henry Lincoln, aged 92. Toby tweeted confirmation of earlier rumours.

Farewell you grouchy talented man!

Lincoln was a writer for Doctor Who as early as 1967. That now jumps to 1977, with Chris Boucher (b. 1943), who I think is the last living DW writer of the 70s?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Lincoln was a writer for Doctor Who as early as 1967. That now jumps to 1977, with Chris Boucher (b. 1943), who I think is the last living DW writer of the 70s?

Yes, chronologically the next one after Boucher is Meglos scribe Andrew Smith but there are older writers of course.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1