31 minutes ago, Toast said:

Also the late Scavenger Hunt pick Margaret Nolan, I see.

Yes, spotted that when reading up afterwards.

On 14/10/2021 at 14:49, The Watcher said:

Clifford Rose (92 in October 2021) is in poor health & his family have appealed for financial asistance to keep him in Denville Hall. He is probably best known for his chilling portrayal of the Nazi Kessler in Secret Army & the spin-off Kessler which featured his life in South America after WW2.

Clifford Rose died.  I think this is confirmation enough!

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

30 minutes ago, time said:

Another unique Derby Dead Pool pick once a qualifying obituary emerges.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, time said:

Likely died in poverty.

Our system - sell your goods, chattels and property for care, when that runs out appeal to the public for funds.

I didn't even consider him for next year, despite the appeal - he was always on the way out. Wouldn't surprise me if he just gave up, to save himself being a burden. All speculation I know, but I'm not far off I'm guessing.

47 minutes ago, time said:

Saw him at the RSC a few times. Very sad day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Likely died in poverty.

Our system - sell your goods, chattels and property for care, when that runs out appeal to the public for funds.

I didn't even consider him for next year, despite the appeal - he was always on the way out. Wouldn't surprise me if he just gave up, to save himself being a burden. All speculation I know, but I'm not far off I'm guessing.

I imagine that’s because NHS funding once you go under the threshold doesn’t cover Denville Hall so he would have to go elsewhere to get state funded care.

I don't think he died in poverty.As far as I know he was still in Denville Hall and his said he loved it there.He had received quite a bit of money from donations in order to stay at Denville Hall as he didn't have the funds to permanently stay there.

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

I don't think he died in poverty.As far as I know he was still in Denville Hall and his said he loved it there.He had received quite a bit of money from donations in order to stay at Denville Hall as he didn't have the funds to permanently stay there.

Well, if he wasn't at all near poor, then essentially the suggestion is that he and his family are cunts for begging for money. That's the interpretation I get.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

I think the clues are there.

• Like 1

Brinsworth and/or Denville are largely funded by the Actors' Benevolent Fund aren't they? Or maybe just Brinsworth? Think I heard something like that - so there's always a chance of a claim on that. And a lot of actors insure themselves when well off, in case they don't work or have a prolonged retirement.

I prefer my initial interpretation that things got so bad they had to go public. That's the cleaner version and I'd rather not think he died begging for money while preserving his family's inheritance.

It's not a lovely world, a lot of folk in care are still being forced to dispose of everything to keep themselves looked after. That's obviously if the staff and or homes are still there so to do in the coming years....

Whatever the story, he's a bit of a loss, albeit largely forgotten by the masses.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Brinsworth and/or Denville are largely funded by the Actors' Benevolent Fund aren't they? Or maybe just Brinsworth? Think I heard something like that - so there's always a chance of a claim on that. And a lot of actors insure themselves when well off, in case they don't work or have a prolonged retirement.

I prefer my initial interpretation that things got so bad they had to go public. That's the cleaner version and I'd rather not think he died begging for money while preserving his family's inheritance.

It's not a lovely world, a lot of folk in care are still being forced to dispose of everything to keep themselves looked after. That's obviously if the staff and or homes are still there so to do in the coming years....

Whatever the story, he's a bit of a loss, albeit largely forgotten by the masses.

maxresdefault.jpg

Apparently this link takes you to a death notice for actor Mark Elwes, aged 90: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/births-marriages-and-deaths-october-7-2021-rm95mpv8j

Uncredited role in Diamonds Are Forever and part of Birkenshaw in Billion Dollar Brain. TV included Quatermass And The Pit, The Avengers and Department S.

Mark Elwes - Forums

• Like 3

On 30/12/2020 at 21:13, The Daredevil said:

James Belchamber (b. 1926) appeared in The Avengers and The Saint. Robert Crewdson (b. 1927) also appeared in The Saint, as did Alan Curtis (b. 1930), John Kelland (b. 1931), Ellen McIntosh (b. 1931), Henry Lincoln (b. 1930), Leon Greene (b. 1931) and Jeanne Moody (b. 1931). Brian Jackson (b, 1931) guest starred in The Persuaders, Danger Man and The Avengers.

Did James Belchamber actually die in 2019? 

I can't access this FB post: https://www.facebook.com/kim.gratrix...56936031810910

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Did James Belchamber actually die in 2019? 

I can't access this FB post: https://www.facebook.com/kim.gratrix...56936031810910

Yes, that's him. His niece has a photo on her actual FB page of her with Belchamber, and his husband, actor Bernard Archard (1916–2008).

IMDb will never accept this. Do we have anything else?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Yes, that's him. His niece has a photo on her actual FB page of her with Belchamber, and his husband, actor Bernard Archard (1916–2008).

There's this from the same source: https://www.ancestry.com/search/cate...0-0&name_x=1_1

I can't work out what that means, you are the ancestry guy!

Completely off radar otherwise, afaik. Which means.....he's immortal on the internet! (Except here, and the other place).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

There's this from the same source: https://www.ancestry.com/search/cate...0-0&name_x=1_1

Completely off radar otherwise, afaik. Which means.....he's immortal on the internet! (Except here, and the other place).

9 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Wait a minute: https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/Wills?Surname=belchamber&SurnameGrants=belchamber&YearOfDeath=2019&YearOfDeathGrants=2019&IsGrantSearch=True&IsCalendarSearch=False#wills

Belchamber from the official record, left a will, bless him.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

That's from the family tree section.  Not a proper source, as it's just punters compiling their own family trees.   A lot of them are inexperienced and fill in anything that matches the names they're looking for.

36 minutes ago, Toast said:

That's from the family tree section.  Not a proper source, as it's just punters compiling their own family trees.   A lot of them are inexperienced and fill in anything that matches the names they're looking for.

By Wiki/IMDb standards, yes. By our standards (common sense), it's accurate. The tree is by the Gratrix family (match on surname with his niece) and it has a very detailed entry for him. Fascinating guy by the looks of it btw. Attended drama school in 43, left to join the Royal Armoured Corps in 44, then discharged in 48. Retired from acting in the 80s but seemed to keep very active before being hospitalised in need of leg surgery, where it looks like he contracted pneumonia and died aged 93. A real shame he didn't obit.

I've submitted to IMDb using a mix of records. On a lighter note, MyHeritage really needs to get with the times. "Wife"?!

1636782745_Screenshot2021-11-07at16_35_27.thumb.png.571418ff514fd951b26e1289a554c736.png

52 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

By Wiki/IMDb standards, yes. By our standards (common sense), it's accurate.

I was just explaining to Willz why these are not necessarily accurate.  Yes, we can on occasion satisfy ourselves that a piece of information on an Ancestry tree is correct, but a vast number of them are nonsense.  Ancestry trees need to be treated with caution as many people are under the impression that everything is online, and therefore they will add someone who seems to them to be the "best fit".

8 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Apparently this link takes you to a death notice for actor Mark Elwes, aged 90: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/births-marriages-and-deaths-october-7-2021-rm95mpv8j

Uncredited role in Diamonds Are Forever and part of Birkenshaw in Billion Dollar Brain. TV included Quatermass And The Pit, The Avengers and Department S.

Mark Elwes - Forums

A screenshot:

9C3E25E0-0171-4C1B-A032-6B753E9E9E22.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Reports on Twitter Henry Woolf has died.  
Star of many films, stage & TV but to me he’ll always be the creepy bookshop owner on Words & Pictures.

• Like 1

How the fuck do Henry Wolf and Roy Holder not have QOs yet?

And what is happening over at The Guardian? Their turnover of obits has definitely slowed down.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

And what is happening over at The Guardian? Their turnover of obits has definitely slowed down.

I'm thinking of donating and hope I can slide a few messages in there, you know, "Why dont you have an Albert Raboteau obit up yet" or something like that.

55 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Because they weren't friends with Zoe Ball?

(I think I posted a meh obit for Woolf elsewhere).