Windsor

The Dead Of 2013

I did think he was the more doddery of the "two Johns", but that's still a bit of a shock...

Comedy writer and actor John Fortune dead, according to Sky News ticker

Looks like it's being tweeted by the Telegraph too

Twitter link

Guest Guest

Very sad to hear about the death of the comedian and actor John Fortune . http://www.belfastte...4-29878248.html Used to love watching him on the Rory Bremner show.He never did look particularly well though I thought

Fortune favours the grave...

Sad news though, we went to see Bremner, Bird and Fortune being recorded about 8 years ago and had presence.

Fortune favours the grave...

Sad news though, we went to see Bremner, Bird and Fortune being recorded about 8 years ago and had presence.

He's just given us a late Christmas presence ;)

Presenter Geoffrey Wheeler of Songs of Praise and Top of The Form fame has died aged 83.

Didn't realise he was still alive!

Its a 'Wheeler-Fortune' day!

• Like 1

Presenter Geoffrey Wheeler of Songs of Praise and Top of The Form fame has died aged 83.

Now that's a coincidence because only yesterday while contemplating my DDP team I was questioning whether Jimmy Tarbuck was worthy of a spot - Wheeler of course being the voice of Winner Takes All.

I give it Evens on a cremation, but 4-1 on a sea burial.

RIP John Fortune, you did some amazing pieces mocking American corporate greed while simultaneously doing voiceovers for McDonalds adverts.

Now that's a coincidence because only yesterday while contemplating my DDP team I was questioning whether Jimmy Tarbuck was worthy of a spot - Wheeler of course being the voice of Winner Takes All.

I only remember him from "Winner Takes All" didn't realize he hosted Songs of Praise too.

I only remember him from "Winner Takes All" didn't realize he hosted Songs of Praise too.

I remember him mostly from Top Of The Form, we were forced to watch that by our parents in the hope that it might inspire us to knuckle down at school.

To be fair, I actually enjoyed the show anyway.

'Wheeler, Fortune'

2 BBC icons gone in 24 hrs.

Bloody Forsyth next. Surely ?

Edited by Magere Hein
Topic closed