Grim Reaper

Chris Woodhead

7th hit

RIP... though I can say nothing about him, apparently a good call by the committee. None of the top teams in the DDP picked him, interesting.

Guardian link: http://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/jun/23/chris-woodhead-former-ofsted-chief-dies-aged-68

I am too young to remember him as the head of OFSTED but was impressed by his input in the right to die debate which I always thought was sensible.Bloody good pick by Death list indeed.I hope we have more picks like him next year i.e younger candidates with serious health issues and that aren`t incredibly famous but who`s death is guaranteed to be reported substantially.

• Like 1

RIP... though I can say nothing about him, apparently a good call by the committee. None of the top teams in the DDP picked him, interesting.

Guardian link: http://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/jun/23/chris-woodhead-former-ofsted-chief-dies-aged-68

I am too young to remember him as the head of OFSTED but was impressed by his input in the right to die debate which I always thought was sensible.Bloody good pick by Death list indeed.I hope we have more picks like him next year i.e younger candidates with serious health issues and that aren`t incredibly famous but who`s death is guaranteed to be reported substantially.

I had already left school by the time Chris Woodhead was head of OFSTED, a few of my friends were starting out as teachers having just left university. I would often hear about the mess he had made and they were glad when he resigned.

A slight miscalculation in dropping him from the Pan Breed DDP team, then.

3 hits in the space of a fortnight, we're on a roll!

Chris Woodhead is dead,

So now tag the thread,

as formally Dead.

:)

The headline did make me chuckle!

Ahhh, I take the blame for getting him listed but I'll take the credit now he's hit :dead:

Nags Head I can assure you that you had absolutely nothing to do with him being on the DL.

• Like 2

Nags Head I can assure you that you had absolutely nothing to do with him being on the DL.

Well I mentioned him on the 'ideas and possibilities' thread the year prior. Then he appeared on the January 2014 list.

I like to think that may have helped put his name out there.

I can see your thinking, but no he was on the suggestion long-list before that. On the DL FB page there is a photo of the 2013 list and he is there in the suggestions.

I do read the ideas and suggestions at the end of every year and (all together now) promptly ignore them.

• Like 1

I can see your thinking, but no he was on the suggestion long-list before that. On the DL FB page there is a photo of the 2013 list and he is there in the suggestions.

I do read the ideas and suggestions at the end of every year and (all together now) promptly ignore them.

Indeed you do but you'd have 3 more hits by this stage of the year if you'd listened to my suggestions (Ritchie Benaud, Joan Kirner and Gery Leuliet), so there!
  • Like 1

Indeed you do but you'd have 3 more hits by this stage of the year if you'd listened to my suggestions (Ritchie Benaud, Joan Kirner and Gery Leuliet), so there!

:lol:

:lol:

while you two are here think about geogre gaynes