Davey Jones' Locker

Gone With The Wind

At the time of posting this, his Wiki death report has been removed.

• Like 1

Ann Bupp 1922 - 4/28/2005. Her younger brother Sonny Bupp 1928 - 11/1/2007, Henderson, Nevada is believed to have been last cast member from Citizen Kane (1941).

• Like 1

Lennie Bluett b. 1/1/1919, Los Angeles, California; died 1/1/2016, same; also appeared in original Mighty Joe Young (1949).

Somebody mentioned they had never seen Gone With the Wind here, I believe. Those who want to perhaps should fairly-soon since the wave of ultra-political-correctness in the States has made for a few calls for banning the film-presumably the novel, as well. I'm not sure this will actually happen given its status, but there are those who would like to see it vanish. Apparently nothing involving the Nazis is on the PC radar here, though.

21 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

IMDB has Shep Houghton dead as at December 15, 2016. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0396473/

Well according to this from 2015 (and it's accuracy I question, seeing as it doesn't mention Bluett):
(Edit: Upon re-read I guess it doesn't say Houghton was the ONLY uncredited actor, just the oldest one).
SC

Surviving 'Gone with the Wind' cast members

Following the deaths of Mary Anderson and Alicia Rhett in 2014, besides Olivia de Havilland the only other surviving Gone with the Wind cast member is Mickey Kuhn, 82, who played Melanie's son, Beau Wilkes.  Including uncredited (and unconfirmed) bits, online sources claim the oldest surviving Gone with the Wind cast member is Shep Houghton, who is supposed to have turned 101 last June 4.  

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 13:31, YoungWillz said:

And he gets a Telegraph Obituary: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2017/06/01/shep-houghton-prolific-extra-silent-movie-era-obituary/

As he died last year, it's zero points for the DDP team who picked him.

Well, Olivia de Havilland is dead...I haven't looked, but is this finished, or are we waiting on any more cast members?

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Well, Olivia de Havilland is dead...I haven't looked, but is this finished, or are we waiting on any more cast members?

Mickey Kuhn.

EDIT: also Caren Marsh Doll and Patrick Curtis, though they were uncredited.

5 hours ago, drol said:

Mickey Kuhn.

EDIT: also Caren Marsh Doll and Patrick Curtis, though they were uncredited.

There's a fourth: Dirk Wayne Summers b. 1931

3 hours ago, Gisooo said:

Not a real actor but was part of Hollywood, I thought would be interesting!

Gary Carlson (IMDb), who played Beau Wilkes (as a body double for one of the older Beau Wilkes actors) in 1939 film Gone with the Wind dead at 94

Ps: Three different children played Beau Wilkes during different times in the film, and they are:

Greg Giese (IMDb) - Newborn Baby Beau - I believe Mr. Giese was 11 days old at the time

Ric Holt (IMDb) - Baby Beau after the Civil War - Sadly, Mr. Holt passed away in '15

Mickey Kuhn (Wiki) - Young Beau - he was roughly 6 years-old in the film and is one of only 2 people living that was credited in the movie, not to mention the only child actor in the film that is alive that was credited in the movie!

You know, rather like it here than Hollywood Posses...

• Like 1

Mickey Kuhn dead on Wikipedia. Can't find a link though.

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, arghton said:

Nothing on the Twitterboard that I can see...

The account that added his death has been established for nearly a decade, and has GWTW listed as one of her favorite films, so I'm inclined to believe.

1 hour ago, arghton said:

It's true. There are tributes across Facebook. The last surviving credited cast member from GWTW, so I imagine a Hollywood Reporter obituary will appear in a matter of hours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John "요한" Sulu said:

Now Mickey Kuhn has passed away.  This means more individuals born in 1932 will pass away next year in 2023 even before turning 91.

Anyone can die next year because humans are not immortal!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1