Dead Wait

Ideas And Possibilities For 2016

Yeah, after all, Aherne and Alagiah were 50/50 punts people went with, but few would pick them again this year. I won't say no one will, because lots of folk still went for Wilko Johnson this year!

While none of them will be on my main team or anywhere close to it Caroline imo isn't the worst punt someone could make and she is going on one of my theme teams.

I may be repeating a suggestion here, but Pat Boone (81) might be a possibility

Some others have mentioned Bob Dole; I would say leave him on the list as he's been something of a bad player on the US political scene for a depressingly-long time, now.

OOh, Pat Boone is Mr Clean and wealthy with good health care, though.

81 is young for him, especially since he's not a closet kiddie-fiddler or anything close, so that whiter than white image is fairly close to the truth despite some - ahem - interesting albums of cover versions.

His daughter, Cherry, had anorexia though so there was probably something going on in that household we've not been privy to.

Well, one can never tell, of course. Occasionally somebody goes down in a plane like John Denver or James Horner this year, of course.

Guest Ace5150

Muhammed Ali must be very close to being counted out. Looks worse each time he's on TV. Top lad, but in my list for next year.

Muhammed Ali must be very close to being counted out. Looks worse each time he's on TV. Top lad, but in my list for next year.

Muhammad Ali won't be on the big list next year unless he is somewhere downstairs.

Mace Neufeld, producer, and sometime director of the Jack Ryan movies.

I'm not buying what y'all are selling on Anthony Booth for 2016. Drop 40 here I come.

What makes year 12 with Alzheimer's any different than year 11? I'll weigh in that he's another year older, but he misses the mark even with that. GL to all who choose him (and that's gotta be 50% non theme teams from what I'm reading). 2017 I'll reconsider. I gotta hear about the dude contracting a common cold at fucking least. As of now Alzheimer's don't cut it. Glen Campbell a far better pick IMHO and I'm not looking at HIM til 2017.

SC

I'm not buying what y'all are selling on Anthony Booth for 2016. Drop 40 here I come.

What makes year 12 with Alzheimer's any different than year 11? I'll weigh in that he's another year older, but he misses the mark even with that. GL to all who choose him (and that's gotta be 50% non theme teams from what I'm reading). 2017 I'll reconsider. I gotta hear about the dude contracting a common cold at fucking least. As of now Alzheimer's don't cut it. Glen Campbell a far better pick IMHO and I'm not looking at HIM til 2017.

SC

I know a couple of people who work at a local radio station who told me that last year and the year before, Tony Booth would constantly call in in a confused state. He wasn't put on air, it was their job to filter out that kind of thing, but they did say he's not called in for about 8 months or so. Now this could mean his carers are keeping a better eye on him or it could mean he's no longer able to speak/use a telephone. Either way it's good enough for me.

SC

It isn`t just the fact he has Alzheimer`s.He has chronic heart failure, emphysema and a blood clot in his lung as well as suffering a stroke 5 years ago.He has also continued smoking after being diagnosed with emphysema and heart failure.His wife has said he is cold all the time due to poor circulation can no longer hold a conversation and that a simple cold could easily kill him.

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/married-to-alzheimer-s-how-we-faced-reality-in-tony-s-twilight-zone-1.1970210

• Like 1

My final recommendations for 2016 for the DL committee to consider:

Keep:

Zsa Zsa Gabor

João Havelange

Herman Wouk

Billy Graham

Javier Perez de Cuellar

Vera Lynn

Olivia de Havilland

Kirk Douglas

Cliff Michelmore

Richard Adams

Peter Sallis

Prince Phillip

Nancy Reagan

Jake LaMotta

Liz Smith

Denis Norden

Leslie Phillips

George H.W Bush

Fidel Castro

Bhumibol Adulyadej

Helmut Kohl

Clive James

Valerie Harper

Martin Crowe

Josst van der Westhuizen

Bring back:

Lord Peter Carrington

Abe Vigoda

Stan Lee

Charles Aznavour

Bruce Forsyth

Fats Domino

Desmond Tutu

Ian Brady

Stephen Hawking

Muhammad Ali

Add:

Howard Marks

Antony Booth

Jimmy Carter

Jimmy Young

Freddie Starr

Paul Gascoigne

Rob Ford

Colin Dexter

Carol Channing

George P Schultz

Boutros Boutros Ghali

Liz Dawn

John Noakes

Glen Campbell

Mary Tyler Moore

• Like 1

Someone else discussed Stella Stevens quite awhile back; just wanted to add that some sources give 1936, as dob rather than 1938; either way, probably a good possibility.

Stephanie Powers has lung cancer surgery back in 2009, and has declared herself cured; she may have had something experimental of course, but another one to consider.

Guest guest-gust-guest

What about Geoffrey Bayldon? He is 92 on January 7th so will be nearly pushing 93 by year-end 2016. Last footage of him in mid 2014 where that Catweazel bust was unveiled he looked frail. Of course he could be as strong as an ox and last another 6 years like Zsa Zsa has...

Also after Robert Loggia died I've thought about actors who are of a similar age (born 1930). Someone like Gene Hackman who is 86 early next year and has disappeared from showbiz for years now. Problem is there is scant information about him so no idea how healthy or otherwise he is.

Hello Death List ..... so many years playing along without joining in the conversation ..... time to join before I become part of the annual statistics.

Good fortune to everyone out there. Here is my 1st attempt shadow list for 2016:

1)Zsa Zsa Gabor, 2)João Havelange, 3)Herman Wouk, 4)Billy Graham, 5)Olivia De Havilland, 6)Javier Perez de Cuellar, 7)Kirk Douglas, 8)Clive James, 9)Valerie Harper, 10)Martin Crowe, 11)Leslie Phillips, 12)Joost van der Westhuizen, 13)Denis Norden, 14)Jake Lamotta, 15)Cliff Michelmore, 16)Nancy Reagan, 17)Hosni Mubarak, 18)Chuck Berry, 19)Richard Adams, 20)Muhammad Ali (floating butterfly), 21)Michael Anderson (Logan’s Run), 22)Daniel arap Moi (African politician), 23)Roger Bannister (3m 59.4s), 24)Boutros Boutros-Ghali (UN), 25)Barbara Bush (1st lady), 26)Pierre Cardin (Haute Couture), 27)Jimmy Carter (Peanut farmer), 28)Carol Channing (Thoroughly Modern Millie), 29)Piet de Jong (old Dutch), 30)Len Deighton (a Berlin Funeral), 31)Frank Dickens (Bristow), 32)Stanley Donen (On the Town), 33)Fenella Fielding (Carry On Screaming), 34)William Frankland (immune to death), 35)Benny Golson (be-bop), 36)Juliette Gréco (chanson), 37)Hal Holbrook (presidents man), 38)Robert Horton (wagons roll), 39)Jim Lovell (Apollo 13), 40)Hardy Krüger (38th SS), 41)Neville Marriner (in the Fields), 42)Michael Medwin (Army Game), 43)Desmond Morris (Naked Ape), 44)Carl Reiner (act, write, direct), 45)Debbie Reynolds (1955 Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year), 46)David Rockefeller (more money), 47)William Russell (Dr Who companion), 48)Douglas Slocombe (Ealing master), 49)Clint Walker (Cheyenne Bodie), 50)Haskell Wexler (a life in film).

Hi Wickerman.Some very good suggestions there indeed!William Frankland is a good pick and someone I assumed died many years ago!Stil, going at 103:Bloody hell.Haskell Wexler died yesterday though.I do think though that you have perhaps got rid of too many mainstream picks such as LaMotta , Bush ,Castro and Lynn.I also think you should definately consider bringing back Hawking and adding Howard Marks ,Tony Booth and Rob Ford.

• Like 1

Sir Peter Maxwell Davies Nancy Reagan Joey Feek Liz Smith Johan Criuff Chuck Berry Michele Morgan Gordon Banks Gazza Piete Da Jong

That's a long name...

• Like 5

Sir Peter Maxwell Davies Nancy Reagan Joey Feek Liz Smith Johan Criuff Chuck Berry Michele Morgan Gordon Banks Gazza Piete Da Jong

That's a long name...

Reminds me of a trend about 20 years ago when people would name their children after all the players in a football team.

Although that trend didn't go away

There's only one Jensen Jay Alexander Bikey Carlisle Duff...

And this one...

Brazilian kid named after so many French players he can’t remember own name

Hello Death List ..... so many years playing along without joining in the conversation ..... time to join before I become part of the annual statistics.

Good fortune to everyone out there. Here is my 1st attempt shadow list for 2016:

1)Zsa Zsa Gabor, 2)João Havelange, 3)Herman Wouk, 4)Billy Graham, 5)Olivia De Havilland, 6)Javier Perez de Cuellar, 7)Kirk Douglas, 8)Clive James, 9)Valerie Harper, 10)Martin Crowe, 11)Leslie Phillips, 12)Joost van der Westhuizen, 13)Denis Norden, 14)Jake Lamotta, 15)Cliff Michelmore, 16)Nancy Reagan, 17)Hosni Mubarak, 18)Chuck Berry, 19)Richard Adams, 20)Muhammad Ali (floating butterfly), 21)Michael Anderson (Logans Run), 22)Daniel arap Moi (African politician), 23)Roger Bannister (3m 59.4s), 24)Boutros Boutros-Ghali (UN), 25)Barbara Bush (1st lady), 26)Pierre Cardin (Haute Couture), 27)Jimmy Carter (Peanut farmer), 28)Carol Channing (Thoroughly Modern Millie), 29)Piet de Jong (old Dutch), 30)Len Deighton (a Berlin Funeral), 31)Frank Dickens (Bristow), 32)Stanley Donen (On the Town), 33)Fenella Fielding (Carry On Screaming), 34)William Frankland (immune to death), 35)Benny Golson (be-bop), 36)Juliette Gréco (chanson), 37)Hal Holbrook (presidents man), 38)Robert Horton (wagons roll), 39)Jim Lovell (Apollo 13), 40)Hardy Krüger (38th SS), 41)Neville Marriner (in the Fields), 42)Michael Medwin (Army Game), 43)Desmond Morris (Naked Ape), 44)Carl Reiner (act, write, direct), 45)Debbie Reynolds (1955 Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year), 46)David Rockefeller (more money), 47)William Russell (Dr Who companion), 48)Douglas Slocombe (Ealing master), 49)Clint Walker (Cheyenne Bodie), 50)Haskell Wexler (a life in film).

Your #50 died yesterday.

Just thought I'd throw in a couple of contenders, who I won't be picking on my DDP team due to concerns they won't get the right obit. If anyone else is brave enough to have a go, feel free:

Synth pioneer Ray Wilson - battling a serious form of cancer.

Indian tabla legend Pandit Shankar Ghosh - currently in a coma.

• Like 1

Agree with you about both's low chance of getting a DDP qualifier but seem like nice pick up's for people who have not submitted a Deathrace,Hare's race team yet.

Just thought I'd throw in a couple of contenders, who I won't be picking on my DDP team due to concerns they won't get the right obit. If anyone else is brave enough to have a go, feel free:

Synth pioneer Ray Wilson - battling a serious form of cancer.

Indian tabla legend Pandit Shankar Ghosh - currently in a coma.

I tried that 'Indian in a Coma' thing this year to no avail. Jaswant Singh. Pwwwt!

SC

She's been suggested in the past, but singer Loretta Lynn might be a good choice for '16.(80). She's looks terrible, and reportedly has numerous health issues.

Of course, Abe Vigoda has has looked like death warmed over for about 25 to 40 years now, and has many people thinking he expired long ago. Still, can't see him lasting much longer, though, Anyone recall his short-lived spin-off series from Barney Miller entitled Fish? I believe the woman who played his wife there died several years ago, come to think of it.

Okay time for me to finally put down who I think are great candidates for my personal list for 2016:

1. Nancy Regan 2. Kirk Douglas 3.Prince Philip 4. Stephen Hawking 5. Glen Campbell 6.Jimmy Carter 7.Loretta Lynn 8. Olivia de Havilland 9.Zsa Zsa Gabor 10.Doris Day

11.Jerry Lee Lewis....who is seriously looking old in my opinion.....

11.Kerry Lee Lewis....who is seriously looking old in my opinion.....

Who do you mean? Jerry Lee Lewis or Kerry Katona? Both are possible in my opinion...

Could now 82 year old David Bellamy be getting close to an appearance on the list yet ?

01. Kirk Douglas

02. Olivia De Havilland

03. Billy Graham

04. Bhumibol Adulyadej

05. Zsa Zsa Gabor

06. Nancy Reagan

07. Helmut Kohl

08. George H. W. Bush

09. Willie Mays

10. Bart Starr

11. Abe Vigoda

12. Clifton James