Davey Jones' Locker

Aristocrats

David Davies, 3rd Baron Davies (wiki) dead at 83.

Liberal Democrat member of the House of Lords from 1944 until his expulsion in 1999 (though if memory serves, he wouldn't have been allowed to take his seat until he turned 21). He succeeded to his title so early as his father was killed fighting during World War II. Engineer by trade.

lord-davies--fishlock-and-eldr.jpg.882ae7815c3d1676b6741d051665b3bb.jpg

Times death notice:

Spoiler

DAVIES OF LLANDINAM Lord David died peacefully on 7th February 2024, aged 83. Husband to the late Lady B Davies. Father to Eldrydd, Daniel, Lucy and Ben. Chairman of Welsh National Opera 1975-2000. Master of the David Davies Hunt 1963-2024. Funeral service at Llandinam Presbyterian Chapel at 12pm on Saturday 2nd March.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

David Davies, 3rd Baron Davies (wiki) dead at 83.

Liberal Democrat member of the House of Lords from 1944 until his expulsion in 1999 (though if memory serves, he wouldn't have been allowed to take his seat until he turned 21). He succeeded to his title so early as his father was killed fighting during World War II. Engineer by trade.

lord-davies--fishlock-and-eldr.jpg.882ae7815c3d1676b6741d051665b3bb.jpg

Times death notice:

Reveal hidden contents

DAVIES OF LLANDINAM Lord David died peacefully on 7th February 2024, aged 83. Husband to the late Lady B Davies. Father to Eldrydd, Daniel, Lucy and Ben. Chairman of Welsh National Opera 1975-2000. Master of the David Davies Hunt 1963-2024. Funeral service at Llandinam Presbyterian Chapel at 12pm on Saturday 2nd March.

Grim snippet from Wiki re. the 1st Baron Davies: 'In 1944, while launching a new X-Ray mobile scanning unit at Sully Hospital...Davies volunteered to undergo the first routine chest scan. The scan revealed advanced cancer from which he died from a few months later in June 1944.'

The 2nd Baron Davies only held the title for 3 months.

• Like 2

The Earl of Elgin turned 100 last week.

Just incase anyone missed it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Windsor said:

Does he still have all his marbles?

• Haha 6

54 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Does he still have all his marbles?

There are unconfirmed reports they may belong to someone else…

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Windsor said:

I'm going to see an opera about Robert the Bruce tomorrow. The Earl wrote a sort of foreword for the website about it, as he's the current Bruce clan chief.

With the death of Jacob, we have a new Baron Rothschild, his only son Nathaniel.

Frankly sounds a bit dodgy in his business dealings, but he does have a champion racehorse named after him.

9 minutes ago, prussianblue said:

With the death of Jacob, we have a new Baron Rothschild, his only son Nathaniel.

Frankly sounds a bit dodgy in his business dealings, but he does have a champion racehorse named after him.

Jacob Rothschild seemingly dropped from @Windsor's team this year, last picked 2023 so List of the Missed @Death Impendshttps://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2023/celebs_R.html#rothscj023

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Iona Campbell, Dowager Duchess of Argyll, widow of the 12th Duke and mother of the 13th Duke, death notice: https://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/marketplace/advert/argyll-notices_55977

Thought I'd better post it as she has her own Wiki page. 

Oooh, she would be the sister-in-law (albeit briefly) of Lady Colin Campbell.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Iona Campbell, Dowager Duchess of Argyll, widow of the 12th Duke and mother of the 13th Duke, death notice: https://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/marketplace/advert/argyll-notices_55977

Thought I'd better post it as she has her own Wiki page. 

Well, whoever edited her page has done a half-assed job, she's still a living person and not on the list of deaths 2024.

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Well, whoever edited her page has done a half-assed job, she's still a living person and not on the list of deaths 2024.

Been away from a computer for 48 hours, but will have a blitz on there tonight.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Earl Spencer, alleged goody two shoes and persecuter of Martin Bashir (lol), reveals that he lost his virginity to a sex worker to whom he paid 15 quid.

When he was TWELVE.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13166421/princess-diana-earl-spencer-brother-sex-worker-virginity.html

He will also open up about being sexually abused as an 11-year-old boy by a young female assistant matron at Maidwell Hall boys prep school, Northampton, during the 1970s.

That is very interesting, as someone I know once told me that she was an assistant matron at a prep school where he was a pupil.  Well well well.

• Shocked 1

So, if I read this right, had that 'young female assistant matron' just managed to contain her impulses for around 12 months she'd be fine legally speaking AND 15 quid better off?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, En Passant said:

So, if I read this right, had that 'young female assistant matron' just managed to contain her impulses for around 12 months she'd be fine legally speaking AND 15 quid better off?

Legally?  I doubt it!  Maybe in Italy ......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toast said:

Legally?  I doubt it!  Maybe in Italy ......

Well, back to me not being serious really. Just a joke.

FWIW I'd assume a prosecution of the sex worker would be quite tricky on the basis that she'd been paid and thus Spencer knew exactly what he was doing (or at any rate trying to learn).

I realise 'consent' isn't really the issue where underage is concerned. But I'm fairly sure most pro's don't go asking for photo proof of age ID's?

• Like 1

He wasn't far off the age of consent (!) especially if the lady concerned was under 18.

Wikipedia:

The age of consent in Italy is 14 years, with a close-in-age exception that allows those aged 13 to engage in sexual activity with partners who are under the age of 18, provided that the age gap between them is less than 4 years (i.e. if the partners are all under the age of 18, but at least 13). The age of consent rises to 16 if one of the participants has some kind of influence on the other (e.g. parent - being a natural or an adoptive one, teacher, tutor, etc.). Not knowing that the victim is underage is not a legal defense, except when it was unavoidable ignorance.

Times obit for Lady Harriot Tennant, aged 88, who famously turned down an offer to be a lady-in-waiting for Elizabeth II (due to fears it would impact on her family time).

• Like 2

Absolutely love these nobs' names.

So it is with a sense of responsibility that I refer to the report of Gerard Neville Mark Fane-Trefusis, 22nd Baron Clinton, aged 89: https://www.sidmouthherald.co.uk/news/24231080.lord-clinton-gerard-nevile-mark-fane-died-aged-89/

Heir apparent is his son Charles Patrick Rolle Fane-Trefusis (b. 1962).

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Absolutely love these nobs' names.

So it is with a sense of responsibility that I refer to the report of Gerard Neville Mark Fane-Trefusis, 22nd Baron Clinton, aged 89: https://www.sidmouthherald.co.uk/news/24231080.lord-clinton-gerard-nevile-mark-fane-died-aged-89/

Heir apparent is his son Charles Patrick Rolle Fane-Trefusis (b. 1962).

That's a bit unfair. Silly name does not = nob. On the contrary, I've always found the hereditary peers are far better people – nicer and wiser – than the crony life peers the HoL is now stuffed with.

His death means that 249 out of the 666 hereditaries removed in 1999 are still living. New and improved list can be found here. Funny to think that King Charles was one of the hereditaries removed in '99!

• Like 2