Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

That UK Election Thing

And folk still wonder 'why?'...

I think that's just about killed her leadership hopes stone dead...

Erm, it was actually a tweet from a joke/parody account. There's no way they'll pick her though. They tried the dorky kid and they got their arses handed to them, "surely" (that word again) they're not gonna try the bitter-faced teaching assistant next. It's Chukka all the way....

"We have a black guy so if you don't vote for us you're racist", I think that worked for someone somewhere.

Eric Pickles has been axed from the cabinet ! http://www.ciwm-journal.co.uk/archives/13430

Screen-Shot-2015-05-11-at-15.18.34-472x2

This one's real.

Btw BG if you're gonna insist on that contest can you, like, at least get the wife to spray some Febreeze on it?

OK to get back on topic to avoid annoying any non-member posters. After that election devestation should now be the time that the Lib Dems and the Green party start talking about electoral alliances possibly moving towards a formal merger later on. Considering that the upswell in votes for the Green's probably came from mainly disaffected Lib Dem voters it might be a way for both parties to advance and it might drag the Lib Dems away from the Orange book brigade and keep the Greens from tipping over the edge of reason.

Quite, however I see the future even more combined. An engineered split in the Labour Party - two parties, old Labour / new Labour. A 3 way split in the LibDems - old Liberals / LibDems and reformation of the SDP, add the Greens, SDLP, Alliance, Plaid Cymru, SNP, TUSC, Respect and the communists. Form a race for a "mid-term" run off event in October 2017. Based on a mixture of PR and STV. Organised by a new fully independent body resourced by crowd funding and with only secure internet voting. Then based on best results and share of the vote, have only a single left wing candidate run against each Tory per seat under a "TOGETHER" party banner in 2020.

• Like 2

Quite, however I see the future even more combined. An engineered split in the Labour Party - two parties, old Labour / new Labour. A 3 way split in the LibDems - old Liberals / LibDems and reformation of the SDP, add the Greens, SDLP, Alliance, Plaid Cymru, SNP, TUSC, Respect and the communists. Form a race for a "mid-term" run off event in October 2017. Based on a mixture of PR and STV. Organised by a new fully independent body resourced by crowd funding and with only secure internet voting. Then based on best results and share of the vote, have only a single left wing candidate run against each Tory per seat under a "TOGETHER" party banner in 2020.

Or there could be an actual education campaign where people are exposed to issues say, some people can't scrape by, some can't decide whether have a third home in Barbados or Monaco, and then asked if they feel this needs to be addressed. There are too many issues which don't fit neatly into a left/right paradigm and parties who have a curate's egg of policies eg the Greens who are good on wanting social justice but poor on wanting everyone to live in a cave to achieve

• Like 1

Did everyone forget just how close the 2010 Labour leadership contest was, it was like Ed 50.01%, David 49.99 or something.

I was just thinking, imagine how different things might be now if only Tony Robinson hadn't voted in-character as Baldrick.....

They'd have still lost...

• Like 1

Did everyone forget just how close the 2010 Labour leadership contest was, it was like Ed 50.01%, David 49.99 or something.

I said at the time, Steve should have stood as well.

As Deathlist's Culture Secretary, I feel it incumbent on me to make a statement regarding the FIFA scandal.

Why aren't threads open for Sepp Blatter and Jimmy Greaves?

From the desk of YW. ^_^

As Deathlist's Culture Secretary, I feel it incumbent on me to make a statement regarding the FIFA scandal.

From the desk of YW. ^_^

As deputy DLPM I would just say don't think a Greavesy thread would get much action on it. He's already mentioned in the football thread.

As for Sepp, feel free to open one.

• Like 1

From the desk of YW. ^_^

As deputy DLPM I would just say don't think a Greavesy thread would get much action on it. He's already mentioned in the football thread.

As for Sepp, feel free to open one.

If he loses the election, I think I will. Bound to go downhill quicker than his countrymen's skiers.

Have a swatch at this official ad :D

Guest Guest

Some others losing their seats may have been a final straw so wait. And see