Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

That UK Election Thing

Oh my...

Just get this...

Broxtowe result in dispute.

Cut and paste from Dr Palmer, the "losing" candidate...

"The count is not quite finished, as it was disrupted by two mislaid boxes and at least two miscounts requiring exhaustive repeats, one of which is still going on and will be resumed on Monday."

Now the turnout was already high, how many more "votes" have just turned up?

The exit poll was said to be 316 Tories, they now have 331 seats. To me it looks like Micheal Gove may have jerrymanded about 15 of their own best "A" listed seats.

Was this a broad brush approach or only used in a few seats?

If there was fraud used in only a few places in may follow a pattern I'm intent on looking for it in Sherwood and Amber Valley as well.

Oh my...

Just get this...

Broxtowe result in dispute.

Cut and paste from Dr Palmer, the "losing" candidate...

"The count is not quite finished, as it was disrupted by two mislaid boxes and at least two miscounts requiring exhaustive repeats, one of which is still going on and will be resumed on Monday."

Now the turnout was already high, how many more "votes" have just turned up.

The exit poll was said to be 316 Tories, they have 331 seats. To me it looks like they have jerrymanded about 15 of their own best "A" listed seats.

Was this a broad brush approach or only used in a few seats?

If there was fraud used in only a few places in may follow a pattern I'm intent on looking for it in Sherwood and Amber Valley as well.

5,000 ballot boxes found alive and well and living on the Isle of Skye...

mlQ1g9d.png
  • Like 1

I will comment on my appointment as Health Minister later, currently I've not long got up and am eating a bacon sandwich in my pants, and will probably go back to bed after.

• Like 2

Those 5,000 boxes still containing results that would give Labour six more seats?

I will comment on my appointment as Health Minister later, currently I've not long got up and am eating a bacon sandwich in my pants, and will probably go back to bed after.

That's a funny place to keep a bacon sandwich.

• Like 10

Caught up on sleep, morning everyone.

The votes per seat in this election say everything you need to know about the legitimacy of this Conservative government. It's pretty clear from last night we cannot change the electoral system at the ballot box - which is a fucking tragedy.

• Like 1

Well, if you think paradise is lost forever, I'll tell you what can be done, is for the centre and left parties to all come together and use a pre-election run off contest (completely outside the establishment) to fix which single anti Tory candidate will stands where.

Guest Guest

so creepy Michael Gove is in charge of prisons now. We can expect a few riots in the years ahead then ...And that'll just be the prison officers- fuck knows what the prisoners will do !

As Murphy examines the wreckage of a party that had dominated politics for decades, a party member summed up his plight by comparing him to a former Rangers manager who departed quickly after finding it hard to make connections with the Ibrox club's players or fans.

"In Labour circles, he is known as the party's Paul Le Guen," he said. "He has big ideas, and a big reputation, but it turns out he doesn't understand Scottish politics and can't get anyone to play for him."

:o

Now, that's an insult!

• Like 1

The votes per seat in this election say everything you need to know about the legitimacy of this Conservative government. It's pretty clear from last night we cannot change the electoral system at the ballot box - which is a fucking tragedy.

Sorry,thats an absolute crock of shit.

People got the opportunity to vote on an alternative in 2011 and a whole 42% of the population managed to drag themselves away from the telly and overwhelmingly reject a change.

THAT is democracy, not perfect by any stretch but democracy all the same.

Im getting massively fucked off at all of the whinging about the result.

The Tories polled the most votes under the system that WE wanted to keep.

If things here were that shit there wouldn't be hundreds of migrants across the channel risking their lives to get here let alone the millions trying to get into Europe with the main aim of getting into our social and economic utopia.

On a personal level, laying my cards on the table, Im grateful that a Political ideology that should have been left back in 1973 hasn't got into power to arse rape ordinary folk like me. There are multitudes of people out there who have worked their fucking arses off to make their lives as comfortable as possible while significant amounts of people around me look on in resentment that I have dared to buy a home and have two holidays a year and a new mowtah on the drive etc etc. The fact that I shifted my arse from my bed at 4.30am to go and put some hours in at work to pay for these 'luxuries' has fuck all to do with anything, right?

I used to laugh about my much missed Dad and the amount of 'Angry from Tunbridge Wells' letters he used to write about all manner of things.

Thing is, when I really think about it, here was a man who came home with ingrained oil on his hands, smelling of Engines who spent his life working his arse off through the grim times and the hard times. No summer holidays, no new cars and the council house that he bought off the Council was repo'd back in the 80s because the small business he tried to build couldn't survive that recession.

So it was back to a council house and two years unemployment for a highly skilled man.

A life where he was loved and a life ended in a hospital bed in the lounge of his and mums council house.

Angry of Tunbridge Wells was actually angry at the hand wringing 'oh woe is me' food bank society that have grown up completely unable and unwilling to take any responsibility for themselves, instead blaming governments and resenting those that wanted to get on with things.

Truly pathetic.

• Like 1

People got the opportunity to vote on an alternative in 2011 and a whole 42% of the population managed to drag themselves away from the telly and overwhelmingly reject a change.

If things here were that shit there wouldn't be hundreds of migrants across the channel risking their lives to get here let alone the millions trying to get into Europe with the main aim of getting into our social and economic utopia.

On a personal level, laying my cards on the table, Im grateful that a Political ideology that should have been left back in 1973 hasn't got into power to arse rape ordinary folk like me. There are multitudes of people out there who have worked their fucking arses off to make their lives as comfortable as possible while significant amounts of people around me look on in resentment that I have dared to buy a home and have two holidays a year and a new mowtah on the drive etc etc. The fact that I shifted my arse from my bed at 4.30am to go and put some hours in at work to pay for these 'luxuries' has fuck all to do with anything, right?

I used to laugh about my much missed Dad and the amount of 'Angry from Tunbridge Wells' letters he used to write about all manner of things.

Thing is, when I really think about it, here was a man who came home with ingrained oil on his hands, smelling of Engines who spent his life working his arse off through the grim times and the hard times. No summer holidays, no new cars and the council house that he bought off the Council was repo'd back in the 80s because the small business he tried to build couldn't survive that recession.

So it was back to a council house and two years unemployment for a highly skilled man.

A life where he was loved and a life ended in a hospital bed in the lounge of his and mums council house.

Angry of Tunbridge Wells was actually angry at the hand wringing 'oh woe is me' food bank society that have grown up completely unable and unwilling to take any responsibility for themselves, instead blaming governments and resenting those that wanted to get on with things.

Truly pathetic.

• Like 2

Truly pathetic.

As virtually anyone who supports proportional representation will tell you, AV is not PR. The only people who voted for AV were the misguided and Lib Dem supporters. We're the only country in Europe that uses FPTP, and we only voted to keep it in so much as we voted not to adopt AV - that's likely saying Scotland voted to keep the situation exactly the same. I'd be saying exactly the same thing had Labour won the election on 35% of the vote, even if I'd rather have had them in power than the Conservatives. I accept the Conservatives won the election but I do not accept they have any right to a parliamentary majority. And before you start yelling at me because you think I want PR to give us a left wing government, there'd almost certainly be a Conservative-UKIP-Dup coalition in power, which would be even further to the right but I'd be willing to accept it.

And as you've said - 58% of the population didn't vote to keep FPTP.

Truly pathetic.

As virtually anyone who supports proportional representation will tell you, AV is not PR. The only people who voted for AV were the misguided and Lib Dem supporters. We're the only country in Europe that uses FPTP, and we only voted to keep it in so much as we voted not to adopt AV - that's likely saying Scotland voted to keep the situation exactly the same. I'd be saying exactly the same thing had Labour won the election on 35% of the vote, even if I'd rather have had them in power than the Conservatives. I accept the Conservatives won the election but I do not accept they have any right to a parliamentary majority. And before you start yelling at me because you think I want PR to give us a left wing government, there'd almost certainly be a Conservative-UKIP-Dup coalition in power, which would be even further to the right but I'd be willing to accept it.

58% of the population DIDNT BOTHER TO VOTE for a better alternative to FPTP. Do you seriously think that they would all have turned out en masse to vote for PR if it had been put on the table? If you don't bother to vote you don't have a say. Apathy was not a demand for change.

To clarify what I assumed was pretty clear in my post, I did not confuse AV to PR or ARSE or CUNT, my point was that, when offered a chance to have an 'alternative' voting system, the public chose not to come out and vote and those that did chose not to take up the opportunity.

Im not fussed whether under any other structured voting scenario the result would still have been the same because there was no other voting scenario.

Whether you accept or not that the Conservatives have the right to a parliamentary majority is neither here nor there, under the system we work to, that's how it is, people are unhappy with not having Labour form a government, that's how it is.

To clarify, I don't like the Conservatives and, in the past, I have voted Labour.

If people, such as yourself, are unhappy with the current system then you need to lobby your MP where bugger all will get done. Its the way things are done, isn't it.

Truly pathetic.

58% of the population DIDNT BOTHER TO VOTE for a better alternative to FPTP. Do you seriously think that they would all have turned out en masse to vote for PR if it had been put on the table? If you don't bother to vote you don't have a say. Apathy was not a demand for change.

To clarify what I assumed was pretty clear in my post, I did not confuse AV to PR or ARSE or CUNT, my point was that, when offered a chance to have an 'alternative' voting system, the public chose not to come out and vote and those that did chose not to take up the opportunity.

Im not fussed whether under any other structured voting scenario the result would still have been the same because there was no other voting scenario.

Whether you accept or not that the Conservatives have the right to a parliamentary majority is neither here nor there, under the system we work to, that's how it is, people are unhappy with not having Labour form a government, that's how it is.

To clarify, I don't like the Conservatives and, in the past, I have voted Labour.

If people, such as yourself, are unhappy with the current system then you need to lobby your MP where bugger all will get done. Its the way things are done, isn't it.

Yup, and this is the crux of the issue. When something hugely disproportionately benefits the two main parties they're not going to set aside their own interest and vote for proportional representation, lobbying my MP on the issue is useless as my MP is a Labour proponent of First Past the Post who voted for the AV referendum over an STV one, and why wouldn't she be with a Labour safe seat?. In terms of referendums, where there is no option for neither, the people who don't want either have no option but to not vote or vote for something they don't want - therefore non-voters are much more relevant than at elections.

Truly pathetic.

Many people using food banks are actually in work. So......... you're just going off the deep end there (which means anyone within 50m will get soaked).

I'm still mulling over this election. However, we should just be very glad we're not Mullah-ing it over as we would be if Miliband got in. The dozy fuckwit. He really is a fucking thick cunt. I hate that he's so rich from a non-career of not ever helping no poor person ever. Just wanking around in London and jizzing over his dad's commie memoirs. :smiley_f::smiley_f: :smiley_f:

I had a funny dream last night that his wife left him and he offed himself but, y'know "if she's thick enough to marry him in the first place", etc, so forget it...... :(

Truly pathetic.

Many people using food banks are actually in work. So......... you're just going off the deep end there (which means anyone within 50m will get soaked).

I'm still mulling over this election. However, we should just be very glad we're not Mullah-ing it over as we would be if Miliband got in. The dozy fuckwit. He really is a fucking thick cunt. I hate that he's so rich from a non-career of not ever helping no poor person ever. Just wanking around in London and jizzing over his dad's commie memoirs. :smiley_f::smiley_f: :smiley_f:

I had a funny dream last night that his wife left him and he offed himself but, y'know "if she's thick enough to marry him in the first place", etc, so forget it...... :(

.........which compounds my point even more, doesn't it.

Miriam Clegg, I would. :D

Russell Brand's predictable rant, we need to find new ways of coming together, "people power" stuff. Does anyone know the man personally? I bet he'd enjoy some banter hereabouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRUQ6aPvs58

The re-election of Liz Truss (and possible re-appointment to Environment Secretary) says it all. Here she is making her most important speech of the last 5 years:

https://youtu.be/E9lxApMJWng

As Culture Secretary, I'd bring in work suitability assessments. Anyone not up to scratch by my Government Guidelines (which would be amazingly harsh of course) would be debarred from working in film, TV, on radio or in the theatre. They would also lose any state benefits paid whilst "resting". Appearances on any type of reality or talent show would be met with the death penalty.

Handsome redheads might be treated more leniently, provided they succumbed to a private interview with me.

The Press would be treated differently. There would be a presumption of guilt when accused of any wrongdoing. Rebekah Brooks and Katie Hopkins would require to face the guillotine, in public, but only after the population of Manchester had taken a dump in their open mouths.

In other words, I'm a total public hero.

Sensible policies for a fairer Britain.

• Like 1

As Foreign Secretary, thank you very much, I'll be spending the weekend at Dorney Wood House, big box of cleaning items and a checklist / jobs list of items that need to be done before we turn it into a timeshare pad for "country pile" lottery prize winners. (£2 entry a ticket). Anyway, down to business. Fix trip to Washington DC, usual stuff, discuss geo-world politics and First World Nation's increased involvement in nation building in war torn areas and underdeveloped countries. Plus explore plan to join UK to USA with mega-project floating high speed Maglev train to end transatlantic air travel.

On to New York, m/t at the UN, meet with Secretary General and propose that new body be formed to bottom out all previously disputed UN security orders and find harmonious solutions to ongoing problems in the world.

On return have m/t with defence sec and PM to understand route to progress what needs to be done in securing Great Britain's place in the World.

Quick visit to Gibraltar. Then off on a tour of European capitals, Lisbon (discuss plan to extend that Maglev line down to there), Madrid (bash heads about their links with Argentina and the Argies sabre rattling), Paris (Reform of Interpol. Talk about co-efforts on Nuclear energy. And request sharing French design of launcher tubes and delivery systems), Rome (usual anti Mafia stuff, prob African immigration issues), Athens (debt issues and as part of the UK's help package we will purchase an uninhabited island from them), Vienna (however find out if any of their government ski and get out on the Kaprun Glacier to conduct Anglo-Austrian business on the slopes). Berlin (deep drive on EU progress. Firmation on budget and 1st world issues) Copehagen (don't talk with the Danes enough) finish in Oslo talks about them joining the EU and their peace keeping plans round the world going forward with more joint efforts.

Trip to Dublin with the PM. Talks about reworking the Borderline to better catter for "local issues".

Fix trips to Moscow, Tokyo, Beijing, plus 6 nation Asia tour, Canberra and Auckland.

Then Pretoria and Harare to help ZANU transition its leadership securely.

Gulf nations trip to discuss idea for UK to join OPEC.

Pre Olympic trip to Rio with handover teams. Trade talks piggy backed on any meeting of Pan American Nations, der-de-der. Then push the boat out with a visit to Argentina and stand them down if they think they are too big for their boots.

Whilst that sounds like a massive tax paid holiday for you. I would rather give you the job than have Philip Hammond do it.

• Like 1

And folk still wonder 'why?'...

11149271_834262863318389_304206839438701

• Like 1

And folk still wonder 'why?'...11149271_834262863318389_304206839438701

I think that's just about killed her leadership hopes stone dead...