Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

9 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

I couldn't be a vegan because I love sausage too much, but I'd never advocate for people being forced to consume meat. It's all down to individual preference.

Surely of all foods  Sausage is one of the easiest to make vegetarian as most of it is rusk. Unless you are buying best butcher's Sausage their is precious little meat there 

1 minute ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Surely of all foods  Sausage is one of the easiest to make vegetarian as most of it is rusk. Unless you are buying best butcher's Sausage their is precious little meat there 

I'm afraid I only like proper meaty sausages. 

This is reminding me of when one of Trump's advisors went on a rant that Biden was going to ban meat, and force us to drink "plant-based beer."

“Speaking of stupid, there’s a study coming out of the University of Michigan which says that to meet the Biden Green New Deal targets, America has to, get this, America has to stop eating meat, stop eating poultry and fish, seafood, eggs, dairy, and animal-based fats,” Kudlow blasted on FOX Business.

“Ok, got that? No burger on July 4. No steaks on the barbecue. I’m sure Middle America is just going to love that. Can you grill those Brussels sprouts? So get ready,” Kudlow said. “You can throw back a plant-based beer with your grilled Brussels sprouts and wave your American flag. Call it July 4th Green.”

Then Chuck Schumer clowned him:

I could feasibly go pescetarian, though I'd still miss a lot of foods. I couldn't go vegan, certainly not until meat product alternatives both taste as good and are actually environmentally beneficial (ooh look, another thing Crem and his weird family have a problem with). I've nothing but respect for people that are veggie or vegan though. They have their own reasons and, crucially, it's got fuck all to do with me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Unless you are buying best butcher's Sausage their is precious little meat there 

I wouldn't buy any other kind.  No Richmonds for me.

• Like 1

I have too many memories of walking around trying to find something to eat because I am a bit fussy and my parents arguably more so to go veggie or vegan. 

Everything is just so difficult with my parents through.

2 hours ago, Master Obit said:

I couldn't be a vegan because I love sausage too much, but I'd never advocate for people being forced to consume meat. It's all down to individual preference.

Being from a farming family, I probably will not go fully vegetarian/vegan as living from the land is how, in my families case, we have lived for generations. I still forage for various foodstuffs. It's cheaper than buying. Although I quite enjoy fully plant based foods. Some of it is very nice.

I have been vegetarian for 27 years. Not sure I could go Vegan though. I like cheese too much

Yep, still connected so far!

Just had a look at Sky's blurb for tonight's Only Connect Special - Politics on at 8 on BBC Two.

Says and I quote "including a real, live, Conservative MP (correct at time of recording)"!!!!!

Bet Victoria Coren Mitchell had a hand in that one.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Yep, still connected so far!

Just had a look at Sky's blurb for tonight's Only Connect Special - Politics on at 8 on BBC Two.

Says and I quote "including a real, live, Conservative MP (correct at time of recording)"!!!!!

Bet Victoria Coren Mitchell had a hand in that one.

Probably Hancock - he's on any show he can get on at the moment.*

*Haven't looked, and it almost certainly won't be. But will be watching, love OC.

• Like 1

Since uncle’s special boy brought it up, this is the main takeaway re: inheritance tax.

IMG_8629.thumb.jpeg.dab42dd42d988f64b53075f1be9a2866.jpeg

• Angry 1

I'm lost for words.

Gotta do something to get those tabloid bosses onboard before they tell people who to vote for in the next election. 

Usual honours bolloxology. Tim 'Wetherspoons' Martin gets a Knighthood while two more deserving people Rob Burrows and Kevin Sinfield get CBE's.......

Truss has been allowed to dole some honours to her cronies. 

I'd have preferred the lettuce to get an Honours List.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Usual honours bolloxology. Tim 'Wetherspoons' Martin gets a Knighthood while two more deserving people Rob Burrows and Kevin Sinfield get CBE's.......

Why has she taken this long? Has she been working on some 'why it's everyone's fault but mine' memoir I'm not aware of?

19 minutes ago, Sod's Law said:

Why has she taken this long? Has she been working on some 'why it's everyone's fault but mine' memoir I'm not aware of?

It kept getting blacked. 

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Martin has a neck like a jockeys bollox. Claims the knighthood came out of the blue :rolleyes:

Yes the True Blue

Basically if you want a "top honour" in this country, be ultra-loyal to whoever is in charge, and/or have some very damaging dirt on the leader so that you can blackmail them into a gong for silence.

2 hours ago, Brad252 said:

Basically if you want a "top honour" in this country, be ultra-loyal to whoever is in charge, and/or have some very damaging dirt on the leader so that you can blackmail them into a gong for silence.

(c) provide them with superlative oral sex or

(d) promise not to tell when you caught them having oral sex

5 hours ago, Brad252 said:

Still, I don't see Tim Martin's behaviour during the pandemic winning him many friends even with this government. Maybe if the prime minister was Laurence Fox. 

18 hours ago, Sod's Law said:

Still, I don't see Tim Martin's behaviour during the pandemic winning him many friends even with this government. Maybe if the prime minister was Laurence Fox. 

Particularly not the honours committee which is very establishment.