Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

I live in a labour area and within 20 meters of my house three trees have been cut down relatively recently while my council hasn’t planted any trees anywhere for a decade or more. You can tell why no Goverment wants to focus on net zero as it is not going to be achieved.

• Confused 1

Can anyone her justify why the Covid inquest is costing so much when it seems to me is just a witch-hunt against some people. 

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

Can anyone her justify why the Covid inquest is costing so much when it seems to me is just a witch-hunt against some people. 

Yes. But probably not to you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TQR said:

Yes. But probably not to you.

I just don’t get why it is so expensive and what the government agreed to something so expensive when they could justify saying costs means they doesn’t need to be one. 

• Facepalm 2

15 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Have you never been to the UK. We love an inquest/report that takes years and years. And not a single person will be to blame. But lessons will have been learned. Blood transfusions/Hillsborough/Iraq/Grenfell/Covid. Take your pick. All good fun. 

The deaths of over 200,000 citizens of this country.

I think the friends, families and loved ones don't want rounds of applause outside your door on one night of the week or thoughts and prayers. They want answers. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

The deaths of over 200,000 citizens of this country.

I think the friends, families and loved ones don't want rounds of applause outside your door on one night of the week or thoughts and prayers. They want answers. 

Haven’t seen them questioning anyone from China through. 

• Facepalm 1

Just now, The Old Crem said:

Haven’t seen them questioning anyone from China through. 

You are a fucking balloon.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

You are a fucking balloon.

But China is where Covid started and where many of the people I know tend to point the figure towards rather than what Boris Johnson and Co did or didn’t do. 

As I haven’t been out without my parents since March 2020 I do confess to prehaps being a bit out of touch as I don’t speak to many people outside my family. 

11 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

But China is where Covid started and where the people I know tend to point the figure. 

Look up the terms of reference of the Inquiry.

Educate yourself a little more.

This was a worldwide pandemic. It was coming to our shores for weeks if not months before anything was done.

Did everyone who died have to die? Were decisions made here which increased the toll? Our Government's primary objective should be to protect the life of the inhabitants of the country. Did they fail? Did they succeed? Can action be taken now to prevent this happening again?

You can't just say for example, if there was an Ebola outbreak here, well it started in Africa and the monkeys...let's blame them for all the ensuing deaths.

Edit: actually I don't know if Ebola is spread by apes or monkeys. Maybe I should look into that, myself. :P

• Facepalm 1

32 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

As I haven’t been out without my parents since March 2020 I do confess to prehaps being a bit out of touch as I don’t speak to many people outside my family. 

If you don’t get out in the world then how the fuck do you arrive at taking it upon yourself to speak for the nation all the time?

Not trying to “turn on you” or whatever such thing we were meant to be doing but it is worth suggesting that not posting a thought in your head is a damn good option sometimes.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

This explains much.

• Haha 6

55 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I just don’t get why it is so expensive and what the government agreed to something so expensive when they could justify saying costs means they doesn’t need to be one. 

The physical cost of the enquiry has to be weighed against the political cost of not holding one.

Even if you want to be as cynical as possible most enquires do not finish (publish a report) until several years have passed when we willbe the other side of a General Election and the main players will not be in positions of power.

The bad headlines that attend snippets gleaned from the hearings will be more bearable than the cold findings that will lay bear what the decisions makers got wrong (or maybe what they got right)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Toast said:

This explains much.

I do miss going out alone but don’t really have anywhere to go anymore and don’t know if I would cope. 

20 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Look up the terms of reference of the Inquiry.

Educate yourself a little more.

This was a worldwide pandemic. It was coming to our shores for weeks if not months before anything was done.

Did everyone who died have to die? Were decisions made here which increased the toll? Our Government's primary objective should be to protect the life of the inhabitants of the country. Did they fail? Did they succeed? Can action be taken now to prevent this happening again?

Everyone on this forum got weeks of warning about COVID because Drol was telling us all about how it was effecting his part of Italy weeks before it properly hit the UK or US. In properly horrific detail. If deathlist forumers knew something bad was coming there is no excuse for the government not to have. Boris Johnson thinks people like me blame him and his cabinet personally for personal COVID losses. And he's right. Because we do.

• Like 6
  • Facepalm 1

And Johnson must know in hindsight that he would have been even more popular than he was during the first lockdown had he done the Australia/New Zealand things like totally shutting borders and banning flights from China/Italy (t if it kept British citizens out for a bit.)

• Facepalm 1

Lockdown. Vaccine. Covid.

(just seeing if the mere mention of these words gets me a facepalm from Salmon Mousse)

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Compared to the amount of money wasted on yachts faulty PPE etc, its an absolute bargain.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

It's his number 6 prior...ity.