Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Screenshot_2023-12-05_at_05_32_36.thumb.png.8383e9f103087197d6d1eed81090d3b8.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Bawjaws always called Starmer Captain Hindsight.

It's just after 11am, and he has used the word hindsight over 20 times.

Let's be clear. The Inquiry is always about hindsight - it's about finding out what went wrong and what with hindsight could be recommended to be done better.

He hasn't accepted a damn criticism of him so far. Typical of the man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Safe to say it won't be Geoffrey Howe-esque

It is just a rant about immigration. Scheduled because an hour earlier Kemi Badernoch was speaking about trans rights and she is a big rival to her for next Tory leader. 

Kemi Badernoch wa

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Safe to say it won't be Geoffrey Howe-esque

It is just a rant about immigration. Scheduled because an hour earlier Kemi Badernoch was speaking about trans rights and she is a big rival to her for next Tory leader. 

But I give it to New Years Day before Sunak follows what is saying and backs ECHr withdrawal as project for the next election. Sets Labour up as they will be tempted to back it as well. 

• Confused 1

Bawjaws slowly being exposed as the utter sack of shit he was as PM.

Thought long COVID was a phantom belief by sufferers, akin to Gulf War Syndrome. Thought of the economy first, before people. Says although ethnic minorities were not actually mentioned in any paper of 2020 or 2021, they were definitely being "thought about".

This is what people who never voted Tory before in 2019 got when they voted Tory then. Truss, Sunak, Security Risk Suella, Ugly Patel, Stupid Cleverly and the many many others who have held posts since 2019 - they are all just compound interest on this living compost heap.

(Imo).

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

But I give it to New Years Day before Sunak follows what is saying and backs ECHr withdrawal as project for the next election. Sets Labour up as they will be tempted to back it as well

That is absolute tripe. Labour have always been staunch against the whole Rwanda thing and pro-ECHR, there has never been so much as a whiff of evidence to the contrary. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, TQR said:

That is absolute tripe. Labour have always been staunch against the whole Rwanda thing and pro-ECHR, there has never been so much as a whiff of evidence to the contrary. 

Maybe but I’m skeptical Labour will hold that line when faced with press and Tories campaigning entirely based on ECHR withdrawal.

2 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Maybe but I’m skeptical Labour will hold that line when faced with press and Tories campaigning entirely based on ECHR withdrawal.

You're usually wrong though.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Toast said:

You're usually wrong though.

Of the fifty something countries in Europe the only ones who aren't signed up to the ECHR conventions are Russia and Belarus. That's the level of international pariahdom Crem is predicting Labour to support.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Of the fifty something countries in Europe the only ones who aren't signed up to the ECHR conventions are Russia and Belarus. That's the level of international pariahdom Crem is predicting Labour to support.

The same Russia that, by his reckoning, should've nuked us to kingdom come ages ago, so it's a fucking miracle we're even having this conversation.

• Like 2

Anyway I was talking to my support mentor earlier today. We often discuss recent political events and he sometimes mentions that one of his children went to uni with someone who now works for a Tory MP. The other month they told me their child told them via their friend the rumours all were Boris Johnson and Charlotte Owen had been lovers and today he told me Tory MP’s mostly think Suella is doing it all for her leadership and doesn’t actually believe much of what she spouts. 

• Shocked 1

40 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

How long till Sunak amends the bill to withdraw from the ECHR. 

I remember when Jenrick was said to be the moderate put in the Home Office to control Suella.  

41 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

I mean even Shithole Cleverly doesn’t want to be at the HO so it’s no great surprise I suppose.

Robert Jenrick is MP for Newark, which is an anagram of his nickname.

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Almost like you've never heard of "dividing lines"... :facepalm:

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Anyway I was talking to my support mentor earlier today. We often discuss recent political events and he sometimes mentions that one of his children went to uni with someone who now works for a Tory MP. The other month they told me their child told them via their friend the rumours all were Boris Johnson and Charlotte Owen had been lovers and today he told me Tory MP’s mostly think Suella is doing it all for her leadership and doesn’t actually believe much of what she spouts. 

You don't say!!! :o:rolleyes:

I think a pre-summer perhaps even  pre-easter GE is nailed on now. No way can they drag this shitshow on for another 12 months

Jenrick says the government said "we would stop the boats altogether" and that is what the public "rightly demands and expects of us".

Just imagine if they put as much effort into reducing NHS waiting times, preventing homelessness or reforming social care. :angry:

• Like 3