Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

What a mess the United States is in. A choice between a senile geriatric and a criminal geriatric. In the immortal words of Bernard Black: "It's an impossible choice! I'll just have to hope that when I toss the coin it somehow explodes and kills me!" :facepalm: 

• Like 1

IMG_9261.thumb.jpeg.0487c223924c391b68d8ed29240e2352.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

IMG_9262.thumb.jpeg.506d92b65ffcced4c62708425e0c0eab.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68261445
It does feel like British politics assumes people are growing tired of hearing about climate change. 

In the same way that people here are tired of you posting crap all the time?

Get yourself out more, dude.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68261445
It does feel like British politics assumes people are growing tired of hearing about climate change. 

If you actually read your linked article, you'd see that's not what it's saying at all. 

D’you know, it’s so great that we pretty much universally agree that the shite Crem posts is to be ignored. You guys are awesome :)

• Facepalm 1

271585085_306321151508281_59153294913717

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CoffinLodger did less to result in a permanent ban. Just throwing that out there!

• Like 2

The FT have done a graph of MPs standing down from each party and it's clear that many Tories believe they have no chance, and/or don't like the concept of being in opposition, so they are far ahead of other parties. If the Tories did manage to pull off a win with this setup, then they will have an even more inexperienced bunch to choose from (bearing in mind they believe appointing Cameron to the Lords to be Foreign Secretary was better than choosing from the 350 odd existing MPs).

image.png.d3bb840b539cf8c58216ef4cf268d620.png

• Like 3

Labour withdraws support for Rochdale by-election candidate Azhar Ali. No new candidate given its after nomination deadline but he’s also suspended from the party. So he’ll be MP for a couple of months until the general whereby he’ll presumably be defenestrated in favour of someone who isn’t a raging antisemite. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Labour withdraws support for Rochdale by-election candidate Azhar Ali. No new candidate given its after nomination deadline but he’s also suspended from the party. So he’ll be MP for a couple of months until the general whereby he’ll presumably be defenestrated in favour of someone who isn’t a raging antisemite. 

I think George Galloway might now win. Very clear from the reaction that canvassing was showing Galloway in with a chance. If there was no Galloway factor he would have been suspended yesterday. 

• Facepalm 2

I have a feeling the Tories will win the London Mayoralty as well - I know where I am in London there is a notable anti labour backlash at the moment over Israel/Gaza and also environmental policies. 

• Facepalm 3

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

I have a feeling the Tories will win the London Mayoralty as well - I know where I am in London there is a notable anti labour backlash at the moment over Israel/Gaza and also environmental policies. 

The Tory candidate is about as hopeless as your predictions.

• Haha 4

In fact fuck it, @The Old Crem, in the style of your family favourites Morgan and Sunak, I bet you a grand that neither George Galloway nor Susan Hall are elected. Up for it?

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, prussianblue said:

The Tory candidate is about as hopeless as your predictions.

If it were a choice between Susan Hall and almost anyone else the answer would be anyone else. Even if Mr Blobby was the other candidate that Pink and yellow fuck would get my vote

• Haha 4