Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Reform UK apologise for dropping a candidate of theirs…who was dead.

3 hours ago, TQR said:

Reform UK apologise for dropping a candidate of theirs…who was dead.

"The party said they were "mortified" for not knowing he had died."

:lol:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Toast said:

"The party said they were "mortified" for not knowing he had died."

:lol:

If this exact joke is not on the next Have I Got News For You, I'll write to the BBC myself and demand someone gets fired. 

• Hunt "forgot" he owned 7 luxury flats
  • Zahawi made a £4m tax "error"
  • Johnson was "gifted" holidays & house redecoration
  • Jenrick "helped" reduce his mate's tax bill
  • Hancock "arranged" a mate's PPE contract despite him having no experience
  • Gove transferred council assets to a private company
  • Sunak's family benefited millions from Government contracts
  • Sunak’s wife saved £20m being a non dom
  • Houchen "sold" £100m of Freeport land for £100
  • Mone grifted £200m on useless PPE
  • Ashcroft holds £100m in offshore trusts
  • Taxpayers pay the fines, legal costs, rent & fuel bills for Tory MPs

ARREST ANGELA RAYNER FOR THAT GRAND AND A HALF SHE MIGHT OWE FROM A DECADE AGO

• Like 9

Rayner bounce.

849001593_Image12-04-2024at13_12.thumb.jpeg.2080960ca3e9ad8c34561110f83ec8d3.jpeg

• Like 1

The first extracts have arrived. It's the drivel you'd expect, full of explanations of why she's right, the deep state stopped her and so on. If you don't want to pay the Daily Fail (and why would you?) Someone on twitter posted this which is open access: https://archive.is/Z87Pz

It's like a 10 step guide how not to run a government. Once you get to the end of the economic bit, the rest is "colour" but not very revealing, apart from Raab being a baby and Boris caving as usual.

So I'm assuming none of this 27 or so children will not be going onto politics then?

4 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

So I'm assuming one of this 27 or so children will not be going onto politics then?

Well his brother's in the Lords already and he tried to ennoble his dad too, but, you know, that doesn't happen in a democracy.

• Like 3

Am i missing the point with this Angela story? It screams of any last ditch attempt to discredit her. 

Meanwhile in the real world, I see diesel is up in price again this week, food is increasing and I've a toothache with no real NHS  dentist within a 100 miles. But for £1500 - the Tories want to discredit an MP. Get real. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay1 said:

Am i missing the point with this Angela story? It screams of any last ditch attempt to discredit her. 

Meanwhile in the real world, I see diesel is up in price again this week, food is increasing and I've a toothache with no real NHS  dentist within a 100 miles. But for £1500 - the Tories want to discredit an MP. Get real. 

Well, while I suspect there is little to no merit in the claims against Rayner, I'm against tax dodgers in general, regardless of the sum.

In the week where benefit fraudsters were allowed to claim 53 million squids from the State, and the week where the DWP are consciously prosecuting unpaid carers for repayment of benefits the DWP knew or ought to have known should not have been claimed, this is a bit pathetic.

Tighten up the tax rules, don't strike deals with dodgers like Zahawi, make the big corporations pay what they are due and put your computer systems at the DWP in order. Then maybe the Government can pay out the compensation properly due to the infected blood scandal, the Windrush scandal, the Post Office scandal etc etc and still have loads left for tax cuts and fixing the country's problems.

IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Misspelling the name of their only MP :lol:

Bottom of the leaflet

GLCFQa-XoAAKSPW.jpeg

Good moaning...

Officer Crabtree - Allo Allo Wiki

Vote for Andersin!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Misspelling the name of their only MP :lol:

Bottom of the leaflet

GLCFQa-XoAAKSPW.jpeg

His wife is suspended by the Tories after he tweets a picture of her campaigning for him. 
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tories-suspend-lee-andersons-wife-32580360#

Sunak was so quick out of the traps with his statement on the Iran attack on Israel. (Completely silent of course when Israel attacked the embassy in Syria).

So does he think getting involved will be his Falklands moment? He's seriously deluded if he thinks dragging the UK into this right now has much support in this country. Israel should exist, but this isn't our fight. Providing arms to Israel is really dodgy given what's going on in Gaza - an escalation which puts our bases in Cyprus and inevitably our own territory at risk isn't what I'd call a good move.

This isn't a vote winner. But as he clings to the last days of his Government, he could do some serious damage to us. 

Without ever being elected.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Thousands of missiles fired at Gaza, we've not looked to shoot down a single one. A foreign embassy flattened, we didn't say a word. Now we're blowing up Iranian missiles not aimed at us. This is bound to end well.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Thousands of missiles fired at Gaza, we've not looked to shoot down a single one. A foreign embassy flattened, we didn't say a word. Now we're blowing up Iranian missiles not aimed at us. This is bound to end well.

Sunak has just said the action taken was to protect the security here at home.

I beg to differ. I've never seen such a small man with so little international pull try to play the big man.

• Like 1

Don't think Laura K will have John O'Farrell back on her "Loose Women Politics" show anytime soon.

He was spot on. Wars all over the place and she's pressing on Angela Rayner! Pathetic. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Israel should exist

Beg to differ on that one. Zionism is one of the stupidest ideologies.

• Facepalm 2

14 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

To be fair, my understanding is missiles moving at supersonic speeds over the short distance to Gaza are nigh on impossible to stop. The drones and cruises sent from Iran were subsonic and going far further?

I also wondered what Iraq and Jordans take on this would be since these things would fly across them.

My knowledge is limited though, it's quite hard to find actual facts amongst all the emotive reporting.

Edit: That's not to detract from your political point of course.