Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

14 minutes ago, time said:

Peston understands it is an issue related to 'security'. Resignation letter to follow.

Here:

D0268EEE-D4B3-442D-A8AA-E5F2761C791C.thumb.jpeg.9064cd5634f9261882013dc73e2074e9.jpeg

I’d like to know from @The Old Crem which bit of this letter screams “I’ll be the next PM”?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TQR said:

Here:

D0268EEE-D4B3-442D-A8AA-E5F2761C791C.thumb.jpeg.9064cd5634f9261882013dc73e2074e9.jpeg

I’d like to know from @The Old Crem which bit of this letter screams “I’ll be the next PM”?

The bits where she makes policy digs at Truss. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCI Frank Burnside said:

That letter

WLHyL0nf31vihu09JO_wO5Zi0AQ=.gif 

More enemies on the back bench for Lizzie

The Backbenchers will be where Lizzie will be very soon.

OldCrem isn't far off I'd say? She's not aiming to be PM directly now, but neither does she want to go down with the ship. She sent an official email from her private account. Yeah, that's been an issue in politics lately, but also could be forgiven in the face of all that is there to do, as she recognizes herself? Also quite the convenient mistake to make...

12 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

The bits where she makes policy digs at Truss. 

That’ll be the vast majority of MPs and the British public then. In other news, Vladimir’s nukes haven’t hit yet; maybe they’ve got cancer of the pancreas?

It’s just dawned on me who our new Home Secretary is. Here he is, pictured with Michael Green, Corinne Stockheath and Sebastian Fox:

D69E263E-E4B8-4CB5-AC36-136226BF792B.thumb.jpeg.ebd024828f8687c502e0f9d12ec7309b.jpeg

7ABC43E5-60D7-43D8-A24E-EA4CB733E821.thumb.jpeg.dd234ee995bff09f350031b9bbfec6eb.jpeg

• Like 2

That letter reeks of opportunism. She clearly wants no part of the u-turns and has invented a reason to resign (would she have been forced to resign for a Ministerial written statement sent from her personal account? And even if she would, did she just "happen" to send it from the wrong account?)

Sounds like Suella thinks they should be stayed the course. So she's even more unhinged than Truss. But we already knew that. Thank God she's gone. Just Cleverley to go, Truss is already out of office.

Even Nigella's started trolling 'em now.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TQR said:

That’ll be the vast majority of MPs and the British public then. In other news, Vladimir’s nukes haven’t hit yet; maybe they’ve got cancer of the pancreas?

It’s just dawned on me who our new Home Secretary is. Here he is, pictured with Michael Green, Corinne Stockheath and Sebastian Fox:

D69E263E-E4B8-4CB5-AC36-136226BF792B.thumb.jpeg.ebd024828f8687c502e0f9d12ec7309b.jpeg

7ABC43E5-60D7-43D8-A24E-EA4CB733E821.thumb.jpeg.dd234ee995bff09f350031b9bbfec6eb.jpeg

He was on the BBC podcast Newscast during the party conference and they asked him if he'd be willing to serve if the PM came asking and at the time it still seemed pie in the sky that it would happen. It's been 2 weeks and he's in a Great Office of State. :facepalm:

• Haha 1

Trussterfuck’s reply:

41BEA193-6ACD-4E25-B5D4-AAFED28F1608.jpeg.63886b574dfdabb30368a31fbe6d0821.jpeg

Subtly scathing in its brevity. “Dear Suella. Yes, you fucked it right up. Kthxbye x”

This will have fuck all to do with sending a document from the wrong email account. 

She's invented a "mistake" so that she can act the moral high ground by resigning - the real message is that Truss should resign.

Cruella is lining herself up to be PM. 

I suppose she'll be getting a massive redundancy payout like everyone else going in and out of the revolving cabinet doors.

872848264_burnthemall.gif.a8b9c240e94846c18eca2e10970db90b.gif

• Like 2

Oh ...

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

That letter reeks of opportunism. She clearly wants no part of the u-turns and has invented a reason to resign (would she have been forced to resign for a Ministerial written statement sent from her personal account? And even if she would, did she just "happen" to send it from the wrong account?)

Sounds like Suella thinks they should be stayed the course. So she's even more unhinged than Truss. But we already knew that. Thank God she's gone. Just Cleverley to go, Truss is already out of office.

18 minutes ago, Toast said:

This will have fuck all to do with sending a document from the wrong email account. 

She's invented a "mistake" so that she can act the moral high ground by resigning - the real message is that Truss should resign.

Cruella is lining herself up to be PM. 

I suppose she'll be getting a massive redundancy payout like everyone else going in and out of the revolving cabinet doors.

872848264_burnthemall.gif.a8b9c240e94846c18eca2e10970db90b.gif

Snap.

Chief Whip Wendy Morton (whooo?) has resigned too.

Absolute scenes in the voting lobbies according to many reports. Shouting matches and physical violence between Tory MPs. Good on Chris Bryant for actually bringing it up in Commons.

This kind of thing.

How, by any measure, can they claim we have a functioning government? Any decent Tory (I know there aren't many left) has to support a no confidence motion and bring about a general election. Unfortunately, they seem more keen to take great offices of state instead.

Quite astonishing words here from Charles Walker:

• Like 2

Liz Truss didn't vote in her own bloody confidence vote. :lol:

• Facepalm 1

Krishnan Guru-Murthy, the absolute legend, uttered his feelings about BrexitHardManSteve Baker, not realising that we could hear him:

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, TQR said:

Quite astonishing words here from Charles Walker:

So now he needs to do the right thing and vote no confidence in the government.