Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

241E91A2-434D-49A5-8F02-5442AD5D21B0.thumb.jpeg.b7f5acc8a5570b3a84c7bff49bd6041a.jpeg

(the first one died)

Ironically, it's all very taxing, isn't it?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

241E91A2-434D-49A5-8F02-5442AD5D21B0.thumb.jpeg.b7f5acc8a5570b3a84c7bff49bd6041a.jpeg

(the first one died)

Lizzie will be getting a similar one unless she can hold on for another 60 odd days or so. Shortest serving PM died in office too

Literally KamiKwazi! What an epic shit storm. She won't last til Christmas.

• Like 1

On the day where 45p becomes P45, Dame Dent hits the nail on the head yet again.

• Like 2

Jerermy Hunt is bit of bizarre choice for chancellor. He was not a particularly popular Minster. 

As someone removed from the situation, surely this wouldn't have happened with the other choices in Top 3?

Is this on the people voting or simply Truss? Seemed obvious she was a bad choice from afar.

1 minute ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Jeremy Cunt it is then

The man who made the junior doctors go out on strike, arriving just in time for the nurses to go out on strike.

Marvellous.

6 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Jeremy Cunt it is then

Merciful God in his heaven.

BTW, anyone got any intel as to who’s replacing Jeremy Hunt?

She's done. Her statement made her weaker, not stronger. She didn't say anything we didn't already know, took 4 questions and didn't answer any of them (it didn't even seem like she'd prepares for them, which is just bizarre when the question coming was so obvious). Kwarteng is her political soul mate, they live on the same street in Greenwich, they spent the summer planning for office together, including all their fiscal plans. They jointly decided to sideline the OBR, they jointly decided to sack the chief civil servant to the Treasury and they jointly decided to make lots of unfunded tax cuts without saying how they could pay for them. She spent 8 weeks telling Tory voters that Rishi Sunak was talking bollocks when he claimed her economic plans would scare the markets, said his own plans like the rise in corporation tax would kill growth and has now not only proved him right on her plans but is now going with his planned rise claiming it will bring growth! I don't see how she can ditch Kwarteng and her entire economic package but stay on herself. Everything she stood for in the leadership contest is in ruins and she cannot give us a single reason why she's the right person for the job. A general election is coming, and even the shy Tories can't save them this time.

One more point: everyone keeps asking where the grown ups went. Why is the talent pool so monumentally sparse in the 2019 intake? Nobody ever seems to make the connection that all the decent Tories, the Rory Stewarts, David Gaukes, Anna Soubrys, Heidi Allens, even the Ken Clarkes and Theresa Mays, have been at best banished to the backbenches and at worst hounded out of Parliament in favour of Rees-Mogg, Dorries, Braverman, Kwarteng, Cleverly, Truss, Patel and Badenoch. And why? Fucking BREXIT. When will the penny drop that only the lunatics are in favour of it?!

Seems like Tory Mp’s are now thinking Jeremy Hunt will be the next PM. That feels bonkers.

Well the press conference went down well with the MP's (even some of her backers originally) ........ 

Edited by DCI Frank Burnside

16 hours ago, En Passant said:

So now you think the total destruction of Western Europe is a matter for levity? After you predicted we were all getting nuked in the first place?

There was I duck and covering beneath my cardboard desk and you're now telling me it was just funny? For the lols? 

You can't play with peoples emotions like that.

Same here. I was going to whitewash my windows but I only have eggshell beige. Will that make a difference?

• Haha 1

E3708E2F-F255-4986-AB83-D0D43F81C6D4.thumb.jpeg.1defdc84a46846ca5aabcdd62f491785.jpeg

• Haha 2