Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

9 minutes ago, TQR said:

They came third to Galloway and some Independent I’ve never heard of. They weren’t far ahead of Labour’s withdrawn candidate. Get in the bin, Bim.

Yeah, but clearly it's Labour's fault because they're the only mainstream party capable of winning an election. At least, that's what it seems to me Bim's saying...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

And now Galloway's claiming his party will depose Angela Rayner as there's 15,000 of his supporters living there.

Well there are c. 40,000 Muslims in Rochdale, George and you got 12,000 votes, so fill your boots.

He didn't take long to prove this point of mine:

On 01/03/2024 at 14:34, Brad252 said:

Given how close we are to the GE, it will be very easy to highlight Galloway's blatant opportunism and lack of care for x area he's standing in by suddenly changing seats to be a candidate in. He's also supposedly standing for London Mayor, if he goes ahead with that then this will definitely highlight his behaviour.

4 minutes ago, Brad252 said:

He didn't take long to prove this point of mine:

Well I did think that, but it seems he's not personally planning to stand in her seat, just that his party will be successful there. But I suppose he'll see which way the wind's blowing come election time!

Rochdale has a considerable larger Muslim population than Ashton - Under - Lyne. He would need every single eligible Muslim voter to vote for his party to have a chance. Looking at the ward figures only one ward has a Musli  population above 30% compared to a couple majority Muslim wards in Rochdale. 

EXCLUSIVE:

Jeremy Hunt will cut national insurance by 2 per cent in the Spring Budget tomorrow

It will cost £10bn and be worth £450 for the average worker. He will sell it as £900 worth of tax cuts when combined with 2 per cent NI cut in Autumn Statement

As per @SamCoatesSky legislation for NI cut will be brought forward next week, enabling it to come into effect in April

Cuts to income tax were deemed too expensive and potentially inflationary

https://x.com/steven_swinford/status/1764961787101823232?s=12

Breaking news: Jezza Hunt likely to cut the NI tax rises that his current boss Sunak implemented. 

Oh wow, thanks for those three or four years of needless tax, ya bunch of...

• Like 1

You smell nice, Mr Hunt. Is that Despération Pour Homme?

• Haha 1

Labour's Jonathan Ashworth bets on the general election being held in May, with Sunak possibly announcing the date at the end of March:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2024/mar/05/labour-jonathan-ashworth-bet-general-election-may-conservatives-rishi-sunak-uk-politics-latest-updates

Pure speculation of course, but the polls are showing no signs of looking better for the Conservatives if they hold off for too long, more and mortgages come up for renewal as the year goes on (leaving more and more voters feeling poorer and less kind to the Tories) and he may want to take advantage of the fact that Labour are now slightly bruised over Rochdale/Gaza. 

Not only facing deselection in his constituency, Jezza Hunt getting a rough ride already in the Budget speech.

Condemns Labour's plans. Wait, haven't the Tories being parrotting that Labour don't have a plan? So square one was just a political gimmick after all?

He's spending money like water.

Where's he getting it?

• Like 1

Hunt needed to pull rabbits out of hats but the rabbits were rotting and falling apart. Of the three positives in that budget speech, two are Labour policies.

Good budget response from Starmer.

Seems to me Jezza is resigned to not being MP after the election, so didn't bring anything.

Fact that the NI cuts will be swallowed up by freezing the tax allowances, higher food prices, higher Council Tax, higher mortgage payments etc etc is lost on these goons. Their child care delivery has been shite and unseen by many, and yet he forges ahead with another announcement on that.

I'm just not seeing any concrete benefits of any consequence to people or businesses.

He's only 6 years behind in his NHS paperless delivery.

So where in the world is our so called booming economy delivering the money?

• Like 2

My prediction is Labour win the election but lose in 2029 after struggling like the German SPD are. 

I’m not sure why Hunt thinks a paperless NHS would be popular. Many people are not in favour of digitalisation.

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

I’m not sure why Hunt thinks a paperless NHS would be popular. Many people are not in favour of digitalisation.

Big man, strong man, bulging muscles, he comes up to me in his backless gown and he says, with tears streaming down his face, Sir please sir, don't let them streamline their processes and free up the time of doctors and nurses. And I told him as I held him close, as he squeaked out his last few tears, I'll try son, I'll try.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Does your uncle think it's the Mark of the Beast or summat?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

They should have stuck with fax machines like they do in Japan?

4 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

My prediction is Labour win the election but lose in 2029 after struggling like the German SPD are. 

The problems of today won't necessarily be the problems of 2029. The SPD just happen to be the government in power in Germany while it faces an unenviable situation (a lot of it to do with the last 30 years of German foreign policy towards Russia) which would make any sitting government unpopular. Their situation can't really be compared with Britain and the last fourteen years of Tory rule. 

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Big man, strong man, bulging muscles, he comes up to me in his backless gown and he says, with tears streaming down his face, Sir please sir, don't let them streamline their processes and free up the time of doctors and nurses. And I told him as I held him close, as he squeaked out his last few tears, I'll try son, I'll try.

Tell me, where do you find big, strong men with bulging muscles in backless gowns that you can hold close to you? 

• Haha 1

There's times I think the Daily Express is desperate, falling readership, totally irrelevent ideas and the toxic problem of having to pander to an ageing group of die-hard readers who are, well, dying and leaving the Express stranded and light-years away from attracting the kind of audience that'd give it any kind of robust future. 

Then there are times I look at the front cover, wonder if everyone working there is on drugs and quietly envy them!

_132856503_express-nc.png.webp

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

There's times I think the Daily Express is desperate, falling readership, totally irrelevent ideas and the toxic problem of having to pander to an ageing group of die-hard readers who are, well, dying and leaving the Express stranded and light-years away from attracting the kind of audience that'd give it any kind of robust future. 

Then there are times I look at the front cover, wonder if everyone working there is on drugs and quietly envy them!

_132856503_express-nc.png.webp

They share ownership with the Mirror. 

The Mail has turned on Rishi.