Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Wes Streeting has confirmed he is keeping the Puberty Blockers ban - this has caused prehaps the first backbench rebellion with a few of the left rebel backbenchers criticising it. Not sure a Twitter thread was the best place for him to set out his justification through on such a sensitive debate. 

• Angry 1

12 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

FB_IMG_1720956531261.jpg

This is the kind of content I come here for.

How exactly is this relevant to either the work of the UK Parliament or the needs of the people of Clacton? :angry:

• Like 1

The people of Clacton were warned. I've no sympathy for them.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

How exactly is this relevant to either the work of the UK Parliament or the needs of the people of Clacton? :angry:

Saw someone Reform fuckwit on twitter defending him by saying "well Lammy is my MP and he's in Israel and Palestine".  

Well yes he's the Foreign Secretary that's kind of part of the job :rolleyes:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Saw someone Reform fuckwit on twitter defending him by saying "well Lammy is my MP and he's in Israel and Palestine".  

Well yes he's the Foreign Secretary that's kind of part of the job :rolleyes:

Yeah, likewise Starmer being in Berlin for the Euros Final. It's part of their job. Going off to the USA to hold Donny's hand and interfere in a foreign election is, I would think, entirely contrary to the job of a parliamentarian.

Iain Dale has somewhat put his foot in it tonight. :lol: Isn't this a fairly well known trivia fact? Especially after their success a decade ago. 

• Haha 3

Iain Dale is properly embracing his stupid cunt era.

In a way it’s refreshing to not be shouting at Tory MPs now they’ve been banished, however I must just make it known that Health Secretary Wes Streeting can fuck all the way off.

• Like 2

Having been on holiday this past week, I've just found out that my former MP (and utter twat*) Stuart Andrew has been made Chief Whip of the Conservative Party last week following him moving to a safer seat halfway across the country in the recent election.

*I've met and questioned him

• Like 1

Vaughan Gething’s gone.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TQR said:

Vaughan Gething’s gone.

I'm off down the bookies to stick £50 on Frank Lampard to become next First Minister of Wales.

• Haha 10

Labour have postponed plans to introduce votes at 16. 

38 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

That's not true. The PM said recently it wasn't going to happen before 2025, but that's not a change of plan at all; they committed to delivering it during this parliament.

Please stop trying to report the news. You don't currently have the critical thinking or basic comprehension skills to do that accurately.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

4 minutes ago, TQR said:

That's not true. The PM said recently it wasn't going to happen before 2025, but that's not a change of plan at all; they committed to delivering it during this parliament.

Please stop trying to report the news. You don't currently have the critical thinking or basic comprehension skills to do that accurately.

Also, provide a source, otherwise its just noise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, time said:

Also, provide a source, otherwise its just noise.

Yep, another thing he never does. I'm not convinced there is one most of the time.

The only thing I could find on this was this which said about 16yo votes possibly not being delivered in time for 2025, but nothing to suggest the plan was being "postponed" - the plan was simply to deliver it this parliament.

40 minutes ago, TQR said:

I gave up yesterday and put the block on. Didn't know you get the option to open the posts anyway if you want to, learn something new every day.

In over 10 years here (:o) this is the first time I've ever used it.

4 minutes ago, En Passant said:

I gave up yesterday and put the block on. Didn't know you get the option to open the posts anyway if you want to, learn something new every day.

In over 10 years here (:o) this is the first time I've ever used it.

I've decided to occasionally 'view' his posts in the political threads in an effort to combat misinformation. Shall we take it in turns? Draw up a rota? Just until he's finally banned, like.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TQR said:

https://x.com/politlcsuk/status/1813268159295795375?s=61

• Facepalm 1

17 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

That's your source? Something that doesn't say it's postponed, simply says he said it would be introduced but it won't be introduced immediately. And that was worth posting? :facepalm:

Incidentally, @politlcksuk's Twitter handle had to be misspelled with an 'l' because their original account @politicsuk was banned back when spreading misinformation whilst masquerading as a news outlet was a bannable offence on Twitter. I wish that were a thing here too.

• Like 1

Anyone else excited for the State Opening of Parliament?

Carriages, the Monarch arriving for some cosplay dress up, Black Rod marching between Houses and thrusting onto the door of the Commons, The King's Speech (unfortunately not the movie)...

The choreography, the lights, the cameras...Ru Paul's Drag Race ain't got nothing on this, baby.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1