Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

4 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

This is staggering. Up there with Rivers of Blood in terms of the language and hatred. Good on Dale for calling it out, this battle for the soul of the Tory Party is truly where the existential crisis comes from now. If the One Nation moderates lose, then the party is lost.

What a vile hateful witch. Thing is they'll turn on her eventually. They always do. She'll just get a free pass from them so long as she's a useful idiot for them

• Like 2

It's funny how the likes of Braverman and Truss make these egregious speeches in the US and not in Britain.

• Like 2

Anyone got a link to the full text? I really can't sit through a video of it.

Ok, last one, on a lighter note, great response from Darren Jones. RIP another tradition ruined by the Tories.

• Haha 2

That is truly fucking disgusting bile from Suella Braverman. Hate speech, pure and simple. 

Surely not even the Tories would stoop low enough to choose this ghastly, poisonous creature for any kind of shadow ministerial role, leave alone leader.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

That is truly fucking disgusting bile from Suella Braverman. Hate speech, pure and simple. 

Surely not even the Tories would stoop low enough to choose this ghastly, poisonous creature for any kind of shadow ministerial role, leave alone leader.

Can see her going to Refofm eventually. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

It's funny how the likes of Braverman and Truss make these egregious speeches in the US and not in Britain.

Guessing it would be sailing close to the wind legally in Britain. They can get away with that shit in America especially at Neo Con events

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TQR said:

Well, you're talking about a party that appointed her Home Secretary. Twice. So.....

4 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Well, you're talking about a party that appointed her Home Secretary. Twice. So.....

Surely even she knows a speech like that won’t help her win Tory MP’s who she needs to make the Tory Membership ballot. A lot of the MP’s who used to talk like that are gone. 

If only the people in power for the previous 14 years could nay should have done something about it eh Robert. 

• Like 2

A doozy from one of the Gbeebies idiots

Angela has broken their tiny little minds. 

It's from a march in a support of the Terence Higgins Trust a worthy cause.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

If only the people in power for the previous 14 years could nay should have done something about it eh Robert. 

Ludicrous hyperbole.

Nobody anywhere has said anything about "Letting criminals off scott-free".

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, prussianblue said:

'Levelling up' phrase has been officially binned, a victory for grammar if nothing else.

I am disproportionately pleased about this. It's only a departmental name change but 'levelling up' is just an empty Tory platitude which they never delivered, indicative of their wretched 14 years in power. 

The majority of things I've seen since Friday have left me feeling optimistic.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, TQR said:

I am disproportionately pleased about this. It's only a departmental name change but 'levelling up' is just an empty Tory platitude which they never delivered, indicative of their wretched 14 years in power. 

There are some things the new government are doing that I don't agree with but I feel what they are doing comes from a different place. With the outgoing Conservative Government there was a feeling of visceral hatred for some sections of the electorate

• Like 2

Caroline Noakes has announced she is running for Deputy Speaker. 

3 hours ago, TQR said:

Starmer already seems to have more northern born and bred MPs of working class backgrounds in his cabinet than the last three PMs did while 'levelling up' was their mantra. Actions speaking louder than words for once.

• Like 4

I wasn't elated on Friday morning, more quietly relieved. I think I was just glad it was finally all over. That's evolved into a sense of calm satisfaction that there appear to be reasonable adults in charge again. 

• Like 4

Braverman in Washington. She's likely not in pole position to be new leader, so does Reform beckon when she fails to make the two person ticket?

And a report on the same thing: https://leftfootforward.org/2024/07/suella-bravermans-latest-speech-shows-she-really-has-lost-the-plot/

Her wiki page still claims she is a member of the Triratna Buddhist Community which emphasises - amongst other things - spiritual friendship and teamwork

Lying bitch.  She's the monster.

• Like 8

Allister is very very socially conservative.

To put Braverman's speech into context 

449473239_682147124088354_33298768024534

• Haha 2

I think I'm right in saying that all three deputy speaker positions are now vacant and need filling, what with Laing and Winterton having stood down and Evans having lost his seat.

Given that the PM hasn't given Emily Thornberry a ministerial position, I think she should put herself forward.