YoungWillz

That Portillo Moment

Right, been up all night and can't wait any longer for the delayed count for Farage. I'll update that result later. Danny Alexander leads the way as the biggest loser on votes cast, though if Farage comes third as seems predicted, he might be the real loser.

Laters, Listers.

Right, been up all night and can't wait any longer for the delayed count for Farage. I'll update that result later. Danny Alexander leads the way as the biggest loser on votes cast, though if Farage comes third as seems predicted, he might be the real loser.

Laters, Listers.

I'd say Balls is the most significant Portillo moment loser, few hundred votes but once Red Ed does the (only realistic option) decent thing Balls' presence in the party might be as the husband of the new leader.

A minor, but interesting possibility concerns which - if any - of the 20 Monstor Raving Loony candidates might cream a legitimate political party and do a Fort William by avoiding bottom spot. Hairy Gnorm (aka Norman Davidson) in Faversham and Mid Kent is rated as having a passable chance of taking sixth place, one spot above a beleagured English Democrat who might lose any potential support to UKIP.

2014_6763_Ridgebourne_Llandrindod_Wells_

The result you've all been waiting for, Faversham and Mid Kent

6. Hairly Gnorm - Loony (297)

7. Roger Adley - English Democrats (158)

Not even close, go Gnorm!!

Farage defeated :party:

• Like 1

List finalised. Thought Vince Cable looked in utter shock and Simon Hughes was shaken also. Good strike rate there.

You've all done very well.

• Like 1

I've placed an eye-wateringly large wager on Ben Bradshaw winning for Labour in Exeter at odds of 1/33. He won't lose and you can't get that rate of interest in the bank. I've also checked the small print and I get my money back if he dies before Thursday.

Phew. I'll admit to being a tiny bit concerned when I saw the exit polls last night, but in the event Ben tripled his majority and I got my money.

• Like 5

I've placed an eye-wateringly large wager on Ben Bradshaw winning for Labour in Exeter at odds of 1/33. He won't lose and you can't get that rate of interest in the bank. I've also checked the small print and I get my money back if he dies before Thursday.

Phew. I'll admit to being a tiny bit concerned when I saw the exit polls last night, but in the event Ben tripled his majority and I got my money.

Scottish pensioner also wins his bet. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-32655131

Farage defeated :party:

Wow, that's the next 5 years of "material" for Mock the Week and Russell Howard sorted then!

#excitingtimes

#yawningisactuallyverytherapeutic

• Like 1

Well, I think Bibliogryphon, the_engineer and msc all specifically mentioned Danny Alexander, so they share the spoils.

Special Prize to Paul Bearer who predicted the demise of practically every Scottish Labour MP (one survived).

Bibliogryphon also gets the wooden spoon for mentioning Jeremy Hunt who held his seat with the largest majority.

In my constituency, the Tories are 1/100, so not worth putting a fiver on...

I'm still tempted by betting that the Lib Dems will get more votes than UKIP overall though.

Glad I kept my money there then!

Saying that, the Lib Dems deserved everything they got...

In my constituency, the Tories are 1/100, so not worth putting a fiver on...

I'm still tempted by betting that the Lib Dems will get more votes than UKIP overall though.

Glad I kept my money there then!

Saying that, the Lib Dems deserved everything they got...

Depend on you're definition of deserve. They certainly deserved the hammering they got in terms of vote share, they definitely didn't deserve to be knocked down to 8 seats, similarly to how they didn't deserve to be as low as 57 seats last time round.

It'll certainly be a culture shock for the Libs when Parliament resumes business on May 18th. Lowest number of MPs since 1970...

It'll certainly be a culture shock for the Libs when Parliament resumes business on May 18th. Lowest number of MPs since 1970...

Simon Hughes won't even be there, and he's been there longer than the fucking mace.

I wonder who BBC/Sky news channels will get now as their "bored MP who'll come on and just discuss anything".

• Like 1

I wonder who BBC/Sky news channels will get now as their "bored MP who'll come on and just discuss anything".

They'll have a choice of 8.
  • Like 3

Wait, I'm a bit thick at betting - what does 1/33 mean? Does that mean for every quid you put on, you get 33p back? Hardly worth the shoe leather plodding down the bookies for that, innit?

Wait, I'm a bit thick at betting - what does 1/33 mean? Does that mean for every quid you put on, you get 33p back? Hardly worth the shoe leather plodding down the bookies for that, innit?

Less than that! If you put £1 on at 1/33, you'd get £1.03 back.

I won't say how much I bet, but I'll let you judge by my (virtual) demeanour whether it might have been more than £1 or not.

:birthday2::champagne: :champagne: :party::angel5::angel5::party::champagne: :champagne: :birthday2:

I won't say how much I bet, but I'll let you judge by my (virtual) demeanour whether it might have been more than £1 or not.

:birthday2::champagne: :champagne: :party::angel5::angel5::party::champagne: :champagne: :birthday2:

Fuck me, judging by that you must have bet your wife on it! (And that's not a typo!)

Fuck me, judging by that you must have bet your wife on it! (And that's not a typo!)

If that was the case he should've bet on Douglas Alexander! :)

Guest Guest

There's no doubt that the 'Portillo moment' of the 2015 UK election has to go to Ed Balls surely ! Vince Cable is a close 2nd though. I will personally have that on tape forever

Alex Salmond becomes the SNP's Foreign Affairs spokesman.

He will question the Government on English matters. ;)

• Like 2

Electoral fraud inquiry in Farage seat. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32725167

Aye, but that story is fairly non-specific on who the alleged fraudsters might be. There were allegations of intimidation by UKIP at the polling station, so - does anyone know - are they the ones suspected of fraud.

Electoral fraud inquiry in Farage seat. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32725167

Aye, but that story is fairly non-specific on who the alleged fraudsters might be. There were allegations of intimidation by UKIP at the polling station, so - does anyone know - are they the ones suspected of fraud.

Fraud inquiry closed. http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/577149/South-Thanet-election-fraud-investigation-closed

Will we get a double Portillo for Jim Murphy? Lost his seat, will he lose the Scottish Labour leadership?

Stay tuned for more...Soap!

Edit: Bloody hell*, he's staying! (But only for a month).

(*Ron Weasley)