Bibliogryphon

By-Election Bingo

Young Maryport may have a result with his unique pick of Danzcuk, Sun today have the estranged missus bang to rights for cheating on him. Danzcuk was already struggling with the breakdown of the marriage before this onslaught.

Is it enough to make him resign his seat. I think Carmichael might be a better bet.

Young Maryport may have a result with his unique pick of Danzcuk, Sun today have the estranged missus bang to rights for cheating on him. Danzcuk was already struggling with the breakdown of the marriage before this onslaught.

Is it enough to make him resign his seat. I think Carmichael might be a better bet.

Dunno, in one sense it might strengthen him because his seat is about all he has left, but depression/heavy drinking...he may be one public indescretion away from having to go.

This forum is helping my appreciation of politics. Whenever an MP is interviewed on WATO, PM or Today I try to remember if they are on the list and what I had read about them in compiling the list. I have even started following some of them on Twitter although that does not always show their best side. One, in particular, I am beginning to believe is a bit of a cockwomble.

This forum is helping my appreciation of politics. Whenever an MP is interviewed on WATO, PM or Today I try to remember if they are on the list and what I had read about them in compiling the list. I have even started following some of them on Twitter although that does not always show their best side. One, in particular, I am beginning to believe is a bit of a cockwomble.

I refer our right honourable American friends (and others posting from outside the UK) to answer provided earlier by the Urban Dictionary:

COCKWOMBLE (AKA COCK-WOMBLE)

Male-directed insult. Also describes the tendency to rummage in your underwear massaging ones genitals as if looking for litter to pick up (hence womble )

I'd always assumed cockwomble came into the vernacular as a description of bureaucratic football officials (eg: "That Greg Dyke is a right cockwomble.") and in the spirit of printing legends over facts, I shall forever assume it to be the case.

Oh, which one? That could be one of a few hundred.

Great minds think a-like...

Only got one unique in my list, that of Patrick McLoughlin. Added up the number of times all the scores of those I've picked and got a provisional score of 191 out of a theoretical sweet spot maximum score of 215. Quite happy with that. Passed on picking Redwood, Vaz, Dodds, Bone, Bellingham and Corbyn from my short list and them being very well more fancied than my final selections.

I'd always assumed cockwomble came into the vernacular as a description of bureaucratic football officials (eg: "That Greg Dyke is a right cockwomble.") and in the spirit of printing legends over facts, I shall forever assume it to be the case.

Well he is someone who made our list so that narrows it down to 196 and by describing him as 'he' that will further close the field.

My particular objection stems from the impression he gives of an over excited red setter retweeting anything that Liz Kendell posts, you can imagine him sitting there with his tongue hanging out waiting to be thrown a treat..

Well he is someone who made our list so that narrows it down to 196 and by describing him as 'he' that will further close the field.

My particular objection stems from the impression he gives of an over excited red setter retweeting anything that Liz Kendell posts, you can imagine him sitting there with his tongue hanging out waiting to be thrown a treat..

I ran that info through the list of MPs who went for Kendall, and while it brought up a few names, one in particular had retweeted her 10 times in the last 2 days!

I ran that info through the list of MPs who went for Kendall, and while it brought up a few names, one in particular had retweeted her 10 times in the last 2 days!

That wood probably be said cockwomble.

sir peter bottomley MP for worthing west
Margaret hodge MP for Barking
dennis skinner MP for bolsover
Alistair Carmichael MP for Orkney and Shetland
Eric Pickles MP for Brentwood and Ongar
David Tredinnick MP for Bosworth
Margaret Beckett MP for Derby south
Dame Angela eileen watkinson MP for hornchurch and upminster
Sir Gerald Kaufman MP for Manchester Gorton
Kenneth Clarke MP for Rushcliffe
Michael Meacher MP for Oldham west and Royton
Diane Abbott MP for Hackney North and stoke newington
Sir Alan Meale MP for mansfield
Sir Nicholas Soames MP for mid sussex
Sir paul Beresford MP for mole valley
Sir roger Gale MP for North thanet
Sir kevin Barron MP for Rother valley
Nick clegg MP for Sheffield Hallam
Michael fallon MP for sevenoaks
sadiq Khan MP for tooting
John spellar MP for Warley
Mark pritchard MP for the wrekin
bill cash MP for stone
Jim Shannon MP for strangford
Michael febricant MP for Lichfield
Sir Alan Haselhurst MP for Saffron Walden
henry bellingham MP for north west norfolk
Paul bloomfield MP for sheffield central
francie molloy MP for mid ulster
james gray MP for north Wiltshire

Completely forgot to post my list !!

I have 2 unique picks and seems alot of people were thinking along the same lines as me haha Gutted i missed out on simon danczuk though.

we could have our first victim . Petition for Tobias Ellwood to be sacked . After claiming he can't live on his 90 k salary and needs the 10% pay rise.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-minister-says-90000-salary-6085266

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/we-demand-that-tobias-ellwood-mp-resign-his-parliamentary-seat

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3166708/Senior-MP-accused-child-sex-abuse-Two-MPs-report-serving-Labour-politician-police-sex-attacks-corruption-claims.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490 :Senior Labour MP has been accused of being a nonce by two colleagues.Could well be the first hit if allegations are proved true.I wonder if it`s a household name.

Going off the implication that the guy was an MP at the time of the allegations, there are 17 male Labour MPs who were in Parliament prior to 1990 and I'm guessing most of them are on somebody's lists:

Sir Gerald Kaufman - Manchester Gorton

Michael Meacher - Oldham West and Royton

Dennis Skinner - Bolsover

Geoffrey Robinson - Coventry North East

David Winnick - Walsall North

Barry Sheerman - Huddersfield

Frank Field - Birkenhead

Sir Kevin Barron - Rother Valley

Nick Brown - Newcastle Upon Tyne East

Jeremy Corbyn - Islington North

George Howarth - Knowsley

Ronnie Campbell - Blyth Valley

Sir Alan Meale - Mansfield

Andrew Smith - Oxford East

Keith Vaz - Leicester East

Paul Flynn - Newport West

Graham Allen - Nottingham North

Being long-serving Members of Parliament automatically makes them 'senior', but a couple of them were Cabinet Ministers and also included are the Father of the House and, if recent polls are to be believed, the possible next leader of the Labour Party. The one other thing I might note is that one of them represents a constituency awfully near to Rochdale and I know who was MP there at the same time...

Going off the implication that the guy was an MP at the time of the allegations, there are 17 male Labour MPs who were in Parliament prior to 1990 and I'm guessing most of them are on somebody's lists:

Frank Field - Birkenhead

Being long-serving Members of Parliament automatically makes them 'senior', but a couple of them were Cabinet Ministers and also included are the Father of the House and, if recent polls are to be believed, the possible next leader of the Labour Party. The one other thing I might note is that one of them represents a constituency awfully near to Rochdale and I know who was MP there at the same time...

The guilty man was a minister, right. so Skinner and one or two of the names nobody has heard are in the clear. Field, Meacher, Vaz all had prominent ministerial appointments at one time or another. Vaz is so santimonious and clear on what others are doing wrong when he presides over his committees that I'm not sure he's a prime candidate (though it's be a spectacular fall if it was him.) Corbyn surely wouldn't dare stand for leader with such a skeleton waiting in the closet.

Frank Field - Birkenhead

The guilty man was a minister, right. so Skinner and one or two of the names nobody has heard are in the clear. Field, Meacher, Vaz all had prominent ministerial appointments at one time or another. Vaz is so santimonious and clear on what others are doing wrong when he presides over his committees that I'm not sure he's a prime candidate (though it's be a spectacular fall if it was him.) Corbyn surely wouldn't dare stand for leader with such a skeleton waiting in the closet.

One of Rover's names does jump out immediately, I'll say that much.

Not sure his seat is that close to Rochdale though.

Frank Field - Birkenhead

One of Rover's names does jump out immediately, I'll say that much.

Not sure his seat is that close to Rochdale though.

Hiding in plain sight ? Savile done it and we have certainly know of 1 nonce PM probably more. I don't think me ,you or anyone would be shocked if it turned out to be Jeremy. Be interesting to see if Corbyn drops out of the race in the coming days leaking this could be a tactic to get shut of him who knows.

Oldham West and Royton has a short but common border with the Rochdale seat.

Not sure it mentions in the article that the MP in question was a minister, though I guess that may be the implication of 'senior'. I agree though it's hard to imagine Vaz being involved, but, that said, he does have some interesting whispers online about what he did/didn't know about things back then. And Corbyn seems like a decent, principled man, I'm not sure he'd be brazen enough to try this if he had that kind of skeleton in his closet, even for his political beliefs.

Hiding in plain sight ? Savile done it and we have certainly know of 1 nonce PM probably more. I don't think me ,you or anyone would be shocked if it turned out to be Jeremy. Be interesting to see if Corbyn drops out of the race in the coming days leaking this could be a tactic to get shut of him who knows.

Should that read PM or MP? If it's PM which one? I would personally be surprised if it was Jeremy and I doubt we'll see him drop out. Unlikely to be a tactic to get rid of him, John Mann is pretty left wing and would be happier than most Labour MPs if Corbyn won and the Tories would think Christmas had come early if he won as he's totally unelectable - a modern day Michael Foot so there's no incentive to make him lose there either.

Indeed it does, which is why it was the one that jumped out at me when I first compiled the list. But to be fair to Meacher, a quick Google search shows numerous articles on his blog talking about the Cyril Smith case and the wider abuse scandal and it would be huge barefaced cheek to be at the forefront of this while also being implicated, it only exposes you to more scrutiny. Not sure which one jumped out to msc because personally I'm not sure any of them strike me as very likely, but I haven't followed the developing story in great detail but less likely would be Corbyn, Skinner, Kaufman, Meacher and Field from what I vaguely know about them.

Not sure it mentions in the article that the MP in question was a minister, though I guess that may be the implication of 'senior'. I agree though it's hard to imagine Vaz being involved, but, that said, he does have some interesting whispers online about what he did/didn't know about things back then. And Corbyn seems like a decent, principled man, I'm not sure he'd be brazen enough to try this if he had that kind of skeleton in his closet, even for his political beliefs.

Should that read PM or MP? If it's PM which one? I would personally be surprised if it was Jeremy and I doubt we'll see him drop out. Unlikely to be a tactic to get rid of him, John Mann is pretty left wing and would be happier than most Labour MPs if Corbyn won and the Tories would think Christmas had come early if he won as he's totally unelectable - a modern day Michael Foot so there's no incentive to make him lose there either.

Indeed it does, which is why it was the one that jumped out at me when I first compiled the list. But to be fair to Meacher, a quick Google search shows numerous articles on his blog talking about the Cyril Smith case and the wider abuse scandal and it would be huge barefaced cheek to be at the forefront of this while also being implicated, it only exposes you to more scrutiny. Not sure which one jumped out to msc because personally I'm not sure any of them strike me as very likely, but I haven't followed the developing story in great detail but less likely would be Corbyn, Skinner, Kaufman, Meacher and Field from what I vaguely know about them.

Re: Meacher and barefaced cheek, Mark Thomas uncovered plenty of examples of the man's hypocrisy regarding buy-to-let landlords in the late 1990s (?) Obviously there's nothing there to implicate him in something as grotesque as the topic we're discussing here, but he's certainly capable of maintaining a public façade that is very different to his personal behaviour. Mark Thomas' Comedy Product Michael Meacher episode here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRbHgKaCO38

Re: the PM, I've read a LOT of speculation surrounding Edward Heath, his yacht Morning Cloud, and Haute de la Garrenne in Jersey. That one's been circulating for several years at least, but still (frustratingly) nothing concrete.

• Like 2

Re: Meacher and barefaced cheek, Mark Thomas uncovered plenty of examples of the man's hypocrisy regarding buy-to-let landlords in the late 1990s (?) Obviously there's nothing there to implicate him in something as grotesque as the topic we're discussing here, but he's certainly capable of maintaining a public façade that is very different to his personal behaviour. Mark Thomas' Comedy Product Michael Meacher episode here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRbHgKaCO38

Re: the PM, I've read a LOT of speculation surrounding Edward Heath, his yacht Morning Cloud, and Haute de la Garrenne in Jersey. That one's been circulating for several years at least, but still (frustratingly) nothing concrete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9ABUEu4XlU

• Like 1

Re: Meacher and barefaced cheek, Mark Thomas uncovered plenty of examples of the man's hypocrisy regarding buy-to-let landlords in the late 1990s (?) Obviously there's nothing there to implicate him in something as grotesque as the topic we're discussing here, but he's certainly capable of maintaining a public façade that is very different to his personal behaviour. Mark Thomas' Comedy Product Michael Meacher episode here:

Quite disgraceful that MM is still the MP, simply put, after that expose programme 14 years ago, it's just bear faced cheek that he continues to hold the seat without coming clean at the time. If I were him, I would have been apologetic and open, at least about the very number of properties held and being questioned about. We need to have full trust in those who represent us. And to known that they would be willing to answer any allaying questions at any time in maters that could diminish their status and regard to which we rightly hold them.

To do otherwise is unfair of them and and we should not tollerate that they can continue to stand on a party ticket to take a seat in the parliament.

• Like 1

we could have our first victim . Petition for Tobias Ellwood to be sacked . After claiming he can't live on his 90 k salary and needs the 10% pay rise.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-minister-says-90000-salary-6085266

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/we-demand-that-tobias-ellwood-mp-resign-his-parliamentary-seat

Who noone has picked. Damn

There is a current Tory who was under suspicion, but the police say there isn't enough to charge him, last I heard. So naming him would have McAlpine like consequences. (And the chap is very, very libel keen...)

The Labour chap that jumped to mind, I'd heard there was some skeletons in the cupboard, but they could be financial for all we know, and again, hes fond of suing folk. And vain enough to google his own name and find this page. It's not Skinner or Corbyn though.

There is a current Tory who was under suspicion, but the police say there isn't enough to charge him, last I heard. So naming him would have McAlpine like consequences. (And the chap is very, very libel keen...)

The Labour chap that jumped to mind, I'd heard there was some skeletons in the cupboard, but they could be financial for all we know, and again, hes fond of suing folk. And vain enough to google his own name and find this page. It's not Skinner or Corbyn though.

This site is fairly low profile and only likely to attract drive by ranters when we're discussing some poor individual riddled with terminal illness and about to get married, or summat. I'd say we're fairly safe from vain parliamentarians.

• Like 1