Bibliogryphon

By-Election Bingo

Alistair Carmichael is to attend sessions to have the complaints about his heard so will we get our first BE quickly and will he be allowed to stand?

He will survive...without the need of a by-election.

• Like 1

Team: You You & You--OUT! (Sir Creep)

Lucy Allan

Gavin Barnwell

Margaret Beckett

Henry Billingham

Alistair Burt

Ruth Cadbury

Christopher Chope

Oliver Colville

John Cryer

Byron Davies

Geraint Davies

James Davies

Tom Elliott

David Evennett

Paul Farrelly

Rupa Haq

Andrea Jenkyns

Gerald Kaufman

Calum Kerr

Simon Kirby

Chris Matheson

David Mundell

David Nuttall

Richard Ottaway

Albert Owen

Ian Paisley

Amanda Solloway

Wes Streeter

David Winnick

Daniel Zeichner

Lucy Allan

Gavin Barnwell

Margaret Beckett

Henry Billingham

Alistair Burt

Ruth Cadbury

Christopher Chope

Oliver Colville

John Cryer

Byron Davies

Geraint Davies

James Davies

Tom Elliott

David Evennett

Paul Farrelly

Rupa Haq

Andrea Jenkyns

Gerald Kaufman

Calum Kerr

Simon Kirby

Chris Matheson

David Mundell

David Nuttall

Richard Ottaway

Albert Owen

Ian Paisley

Amanda Solloway

Wes Streeter

David Winnick

Daniel Zeichner

What you got against people called Davies?

Lucy Allan

Gavin Barnwell

Margaret Beckett

Henry Billingham

Alistair Burt

Ruth Cadbury

Christopher Chope

Oliver Colville

John Cryer

Byron Davies

Geraint Davies

James Davies

Tom Elliott

David Evennett

Paul Farrelly

Rupa Haq

Andrea Jenkyns

Gerald Kaufman

Calum Kerr

Simon Kirby

Chris Matheson

David Mundell

David Nuttall

Richard Ottaway

Albert Owen

Ian Paisley

Amanda Solloway

Wes Streeter

David Winnick

Daniel Zeichner

What you got against people called Davies?

Just noticed I have four Davids as well. If there was a David Davies, well....

SC

(Edit: I should have responded something totally irrational like I FUCKING HATE PEOPLE NAMED DAVIES!!!)

• Like 1

Utterly amazed then that you did miss David Davies. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Davis_(British_politician) :)

Lol yes I saw that after I posted.

Whatever my twisted algorithm was for inclusion, sadly no David Davies met the mark. As it was I couldn't find any information on MPs after the letter H or so on the qualities I was looking for, thus I'm heavily weighted the first few letters of the alphabet.

SC

Utterly amazed then that you did miss David Davies. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Davis_(British_politician) :)

Whatever my twisted algorithm was for inclusion, sadly no David Davies met the mark. As it was I couldn't find any information on MPs after the letter H or so on the qualities I was looking for, thus I'm heavily weighted the first few letters of the alphabet.

SC

It's a peculiarity of the British Electoral system. Each party is forced to select candidates with deficient surnames in each electoral cycle to even out alphabetic spread. Otherwise the register of members interests becomes imbalanced and falls over. There will a particular emphasis on T to Z for the next election.

• Like 3

SC

It's a peculiarity of the British Electoral system. Each party is forced to select candidates with deficient surnames in each electoral cycle to even out alphabetic spread. Otherwise the register of members interests becomes imbalanced and falls over. There will a particular emphasis on T to Z for the next election.

Actually my MP (didn't vote for him) actually raised this issue in the commons the other day. Because the MPs are divided into two lines for the division this being done alphabetically those in the A-M line have to wait longer than the L-Z line because more MPs have surnames in the first half of the alphabet. His proposed solution was to move all MPs with surnames beginning Mc to the second half.

Is this an artifact of our electoral system because Ballot papers are also listed alphabetically?

I didn't submit a team because I'm utterly clueless about these people, but I guess Zac Goldsmith is a prime candidate:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/jul/05/zac-goldsmith-views-heathrow-europe-problem-david-cameron

Hell, cluelessness has never stopped the rest of us entering dead pools, indeed the random dart in the paper method has - according to some winners - been their chosen means of compiling a list of choices from a list of candidates.

• Like 1

I didn't submit a team because I'm utterly clueless about these people, but I guess Zac Goldsmith is a prime candidate:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/jul/05/zac-goldsmith-views-heathrow-europe-problem-david-cameron

Hell, cluelessness has never stopped the rest of us entering dead pools, indeed the random dart in the paper method has - according to some winners - been their chosen means of compiling a list of choices from a list of candidates.

Cluelessness hasn't stopped most of the "people" named in this thread entering Parliament, either.

• Like 4

Heh, considering the randomness of the currently leading theme teams, you're probably right. Though simply choosing random names of a list and then winning would be like winning the lottery, while I'd want to win with something approaching skill. I briefly (for 15 minutes) thought about enetering a team on the last day, but then realised that googling all the MPs for info would take several hours at least.

Heh, considering the randomness of the currently leading theme teams, you're probably right. Though simply choosing random names of a list and then winning would be like winning the lottery, while I'd want to win with something approaching skill. I briefly (for 15 minutes) thought about enetering a team on the last day, but then realised that googling all the MPs for info would take several hours at least.

That's why I gave people almost two months to enter.

The other option was just writing down the names of all the MPs you can think of and see if you can get to 30.

For those interested in these things, my team name (as submitted with entry) is

Party Time

The other option was just writing down the names of all the MPs you can think of and see if you can get to 30.

Damn, you guessed my secret.

I'm sitting in Louisiana and don't know shit all. I chose MPs that were MPs, lost their seat, and were once again elected. Sadly my source ran out at the letter F or so surnames. After that I simply chose those with the slimmest margin of victory, aside from 3-4 obvious tankers.

I had a list of the oldest MPs but what's the fun in that? Slim victories means the slightest fuck up and the recall petition will be flying.

SC

I'm sitting in Louisiana and don't know shit all. I chose MPs that were MPs, lost their seat, and were once again elected. Sadly my source ran out at the letter F or so surnames. After that I simply chose those with the slimmest margin of victory, aside from 3-4 obvious tankers.

I had a list of the oldest MPs but what's the fun in that? Slim victories means the slightest fuck up and the recall petition will be flying.

SC

Seriously SC, that sounds like a strategy for outright victory in this competition.

Respect.

SC

This is where you might come unstuck. We do not have the provision for recall petitions. Sometimes if an MP cocks up big time they will resign but normally they will sit tight and stand down at the next election (or hope everyone forgets and stand at the next election).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33437115

May as well post this one here. Watching the main imbedded video, I notice from the 2 minutes-in-mark the Tory lady in the grey skirt doing her pelvic floor exercises. No idea who she is, (P.S thinking maybe Esther McVey) but doing a mini work out during an important speech I don't think she has much value in this game.

May as well post this one here. Watching the main imbedded video, I notice from the 2 minutes-in-mark the Tory lady in the grey skirt doing her pelvic floor exercises. No idea who she is, but doing a mini work out during an important speech I don't think she has much value in this game.

Just further proof that women can multi-task. :P

• Like 1

May as well post this one here. Watching the main imbedded video, I notice from the 2 minutes-in-mark the Tory lady in the grey skirt doing her pelvic floor exercises. No idea who she is, (P.S thinking maybe Esther McVey) but doing a mini work out during an important speech I don't think she has much value in this game.

It's not Esther McVey, she got kicked out - one of the few bright spots on a gloomy night all round. Can't tell you who she is though, come up with a few possibles but since we barely see her entire face it's nigh on impossible to tell.

Indeed, Danczuk is starting to look like a shoo-in at some point over the 5 years, would definitely include him if I was picking my team again.

Here are the selected MPs. I have borrowed the format that MPFC uses for the Deathrace.

I have the masterlist spreadsheet so if somehow errors have occurred in the transfer I hope the original is correct.

The players are

Bibliogryphon - Bg

Young Wilz - Yw (No Seat For Rump Parliament)

RockHopperPenguin - Rp

Deathray - Dr

Sir Creep - Sc (Haq Attack)

Handrejka Hj

msc - Ms

Shaun of the Dead - Sd

Rotton Ali - Ra

time -Tm (Party Time)

Phantom - Ph

The Engineer - En

MPFC - Mp

The Dead Cow - Dc

Voice of Young Maryport - Ym

Rover & Out - Ro (For Whom The Division Bell Tolls)

Manuel - Mn

Diane Abbott Hackney North & Stoke Newington Sd En 2

Adam Afriyie Windsor Dc Ym 2

Lucy Allan Telford Sc 1

David Anderson Blaydon Dr 1

Edward Argar Charnwood Rp 1

Richard Bacon South Norfolk Rp 1

Adrian Bailey West Bromwich West Ms 1

Gavin Barwell Croydon Central Sc 1

Kevin Barron Rother Valley Rp Ms Ra En 4

Guto Bebb Aberconwy Rp Hj 2

Margaret Beckett Derby South Sc Hj Sd Ra Tm En Mp 7

Henry Bellingham North West Norfolk Rp Sc En 3

Hilary Benn Leeds Central Dr Sd 2

John Bercow Buckingham Dr Dc Ym Mn 4

Paul Beresford Mole Valley Bg Ms En 3

Clive Betts Sheffield South East Rp 1

Andrew Bingham High Peak Yw 1

Mahiri Black Paisley & Renfrewshire South Dr Hj Tm Mp Ym Mn 6

Ian Blackford Ross, Skye & Lochaber Dc Ym 2

Nicola Blackwood Oxford West & Abingdon Yw Ro 2

Paul Bloomfield Sheffield Central En Ro 2

Crispin Blunt Reigate Dc 1

Peter Bone Wellingborough Bg Rp Ym 3

Peter Bottomley Worthing West Bg Ms Ra En Mn 5

Mickey Brady Newry & Armagh Rp Tm Ph Mp Ro 5

Chris Bryant Rhondda Dr Tm Mn 3

Simon Burns Chelmsford Sd 1

Alistair Burt North East Bedfordshire Sc 1

Liam Byrne Birmingham Hodge Hill Dr 1

Ruth Cadbury Brentford & Isleworth Sc Ph 2

Alun Cairns Vale of Glamorgan Ph 1

David Cameron Witney Mp Dc Ro 3

Gregory Campbell Easy Londonderry Ro Mn 2

Ronnie Campbell Blythe Valley Dr Ms Ra Tm Ph Dc Ym Ro 8

Alistair Carmichael Orkney & Shetland Ra Tm Ph En Mp Ym Ro Mn 8

Neil Carmichael Stroud Yw 1

Douglas Carswell Clacton Hj Ms Tm Mp Dc Mn 6

Bill Cash Stone Bg Rp Hj Ms Ra Tm Ph En 8

Douglas Chapman Dunfermline & West Fife Rp 1

Christopher Chope Christchurch Bg Yw Sc Tm Ro 5

Kenneth Clarke Rushcliffe Bg Yw Hj Sd Ra Tm En Mp Dc Ym Ro Mn 12

Nick Clegg Sheffield Hallam Ms En Mp Dc Ro Mn 6

Ann Clwyd Cynon Valley Bg Yw Hj Ms Sd Tm Ph Dc 8

Ann Coffey Stockport Ms 1

Oliver Colvile Plymouth Sutton & Devonport Sc 1

Yvette Cooper Normanton, Pontefract & Castleford Dr 1

Jeremy Corbyn Islington North Bg Dr Ym Mn 4

Geoffrey Cox Turridge & West Devon Yw 1

David Crausby Bolton North East Ms 1

Angela Crawley Lanark & Hamilton East Mp 1

Mary Creagh Wakefield Dr 1

John Cryer Leyton & Wansted Sc 1

Jim Cunningham Coventry South Ms Ra Ro 3

Simon Danzcuk Rochdale Ym Mn 2

Byron Davies Gower Yw Sc Ph 3

Geraint Davies Swansea West Sc 1

Glyn Davies Montgomeryshire Bg Ms Tm Ro 4

James Davies Vale of Clywd Sc Ph 2

David Davis Haltemprice & Howden Dr Sd Dc 3

Thangam Debbonaire Bristol West Mn 1

Martin John Docherty West Dunbartonshire Mp 1

Nigel Dodds Belfast North Ph Mp Dc 3

Pat Doherty West Tyrone Tm 1

Stuart Donaldson West Aberdeenshire & kincardine Mp 1

Nadine Dorries Bedfordshire Mid Yw Dr Hj Tm Mp Ym Ro 7

Jackie Doyle-Price Thurrock Ph Ym 2

Jack Dromey Birmingham Erdington Sd Ra 2

Ian Duncan-Smith Chingford & Wood Green Hj Sd Ym 3

Tom Elliott Fermanagh & South Tyrone Sc Tm 2

Nigel Evans Ribble Valley Sd Ym Mn 3

David Evennett Bexleyheath & Crayford Yw Sc 2

Michael Fabricant Lichfield Bg Hj Sd Ra Tm En Dc Ym Mn 9

Michael Fallon Sevenoaks Bg Sd En 3

Tim Farron Westmorland & Lonsdale Dr 1

Paul Farrelly Newcastle-under-Lyme Sc 1

Frank Field Birkenhead Bg Rp Hj Ms Sd Ra 6

Paul Flynn Newport West Ms Ra Tm Ph Dc Ro 6

Liam Fox North Somerset Rp 1

Roger Gale North Thanet Ms Ra Tm En Mp Dc Ro 7

Mike Gapes Ilford South Ym 1

Cheryl Gillan Chesham & Amesham Ro 1

Roger Godsiff Sparkbrook & Small Heath Bg Ms 2

Zac Goldsmith Richmond Park Dr Hj Ms Tm Mp Dc Ro Mn 8

Michale Gove Surrey Heath Dc 1

Helen Grant The Weald Mp 1

James Grey North Wiltshire En 1

Chris Green Bolton West Ph 1

Damien Green Ashford Ph 1

Justine Greening Putney Yw 1

Dominic Grieve Beaconsfield Ph 1

Luke Hall Thornbury & Yate Yw 1

Philip Hammond Ruunymede & Weybridge Dr Sd 2

Stephen Hammond Wimbledon Yw 1

Harriet Harman Camberwell & Peckham Sd Dc 2

Alan Haselhurst Saffron Walden Bg Ms Ra En Ym Ro 6

Oliver Heald North East Hartfordshire Bg Ra 2

Nick Herbert Arundel & South Downs Ph 1

Margaret Hodge Barking Bg Dr Hj Sd En Ym Mn 7

Sharon Hodgson Washington & Sunderland West Dr 1

Kate Hoey Vauxhall Bg Hj 2

Philip Hollobone Kettering Bg 1

Kris Hopkins Keighley Mp 1

Gerald Howarth Aldershot Yw Ra 2

Tristram Hunt Stoke on Trent - Central Dr Dc 2

Imran Hussain Bradford East Rp 1

Rupa Huq Ealing Central & Acton Sc 1

Andrea Jenkyns Morely & Outwood Sc 1

Alan Johnson Hull West & Hessle Sd 1

Boris Johnson Uxbridge & South Ruislip Dr 1

Jo Johnson Orpington Ym 1

David Jones Clwyd West Yw 1

Gerald Kaufman Manchester Gorton Bg Yw Rp Dr Sc Hj Ms Sd Ra Tm Ph En Mp Dc Ym Mn 16

Daniel Kawcynski Shrewsbury & Atcham Hj Ym 2

Liz Kendall Leicester West Dr 1

Calum Kerr Berwickshire, Roxburgh & Selkirk Sc Ph 2

Sadiq Khan Tooting Rp En Ym 3

Stephen Kinnock Aberavon Dr Mn 2

Simon Kirby Brighton Kemptown Sc Tm Ph 3

Norman Lamb North Norfolk Dr Mn 2

David Lammy Tottenham Bg Ms Ym 3

Ian Lavery Wansbeck Ph 1

Edward Leigh Gainsborough Rp Ra 2

Clive Lewis Norwich South Yw 1

Ivan Lewis Bury South Rp 1

David Lidington Aylesbury Ph 1

Peter Lilley Hitchen & Harpenden Hj Ra Tm Mn 4

Jack Lopresti Filton & Bradley Stoke Yw 1

Caroline Lucas Brighton Pavillion Mn 1

Angus MacNeil Na h-Eileanan an Iar Mn 1

Fiona MacTaggart Slough Yw 1

Khalid Mahmood Birmingham Perry Barr Ph 1

Alan Mak Havant Ms 1

Chris Matheson City of Chester Sc 1

Theresa May Maidenhead Dr Sd Dc 3

Callum McCaig Aberdeen South Mp 1

Kerry McCarthy Bristol East Ph 1

Karl McCartney Lincoln Yw 1

John McDonnell Hayes & Harlington Sd 1

Stuart McDonald Cumbernauld, Kilsyth and Kirkintilloch Rp Mp 2

Patrick McLoughlin Derbyshire Dales Ra 1

Michael Meacher Oldham West & Royton Bg Rp Sd Ra Tm En Ym Ro 8

Alan Meale Mansfield Ra En 2

Ed Miliband Doncaster North Dr Sd Mp Dc Mn 5

Nigel Mills Amber Valley Ph 1

Francie Molloy Mid Ulster Hj En 2

Paul Monaghan Caithness, Sutherland & Easter Ross Mp 1

Madeline Moon Bridgend Tm Ro 2

David Mundell Dumfriesshire, Clydesdale & Tweeddale Sc Ph Mp Dc 4

David Nuttall Bury North Sc 1

Guy Opperman Hexham Ro 1

Richard Ottaway Croydon South Sc 1

George Osborne Tatton Dc 1

Albert Owen Ynys Mon Sc 1

Ian Paisley North Antrim Sc Dc Ym 3

Owen Paterson North Shropshire Yw Ro 2

Mike Penning Hemel Hempstead Bg 1

Eric Pickles Brentwood & Ongar Bg Rp Dr Hj Ms Sd Ra Tm Ph En Mp Dc Mn 13

Stephen Pound Ealing North Yw Ra Tm 3

Lucy Powell Manchester Central Hj 1

Mark Pritchard The Wrekin Hj Sd En 3

John Pugh Southport Ms Dc 2

John Redwood Wokingham Rp Mp Ym Mn 4

Jacob Rees-Mogg North East Somerset Dr Dc 2

Marie Rimmer St Helens South & Whiston Hj Ms 2

Angus Robertson Moray Dr Ym 2

Geoffrey Robinson Coventry North West Bg Yw Rp Ms Ra Ph Ro 7

Alex Salmond Gordon Hj Sd Tm Ro 4

Jim Shannon Strangford Hj En Mn 3

Grant Shapps Welwyn Hatfield Mp Ro 2

Barry Sheerman Huddersfield Bg Ra Ro 3

Dennis Skinner Bolsover Bg Yw Rp Dr Hj Ms Sd Ra Tm Ph En Mp Dc Ym Mn 15

Nicholas Soames Mid Sussex Bg Rp Dr Hj Sd Ra Tm En Ym Ro Mn 11

Amanda Solloway Derby North Sc 1

Anna Soubry Broxtowe Sd 1

John Spellar Warley En 1

Mark Spencer Sherwood Yw 1

Gary Streeter South West Devon Mp 1

Wes Streeting Ilford North Sc 1

Graham Stringer Blackley & Broughton Rp Ra 2

Hugo Swire East Devon Yw 1

David Tredinnick Bosworth Hj En 2

Elizabeth Truss South West Norfolk Rp 1

Andrew Turner Isle of Wight Yw 1

Derek Twigg Halton Hj 1

Stephen Twigg Liverpool West Derby Hj 1

Chuka Umunna Stratham Ms Mp 2

Keith Vaz Leicester East Bg Sd Mp 3

Angela Watkinson Hornchurch & Upminster Bg En Ro 3

Tom Watson West Bromwich East Rp Ms 2

Hywel Williams Arfon Hj Ym 2

Sammy Wilson East Antrim Mn 1

David Winnick Walsall North Yw Sc Ms Sd Ra Tm Ph Dc Ro Mn 10

Rosie Winterton Doncaster Central Rp 1

Sarah Wollaston Totnes Yw 1

John Woodcock Barrow & Furness Bg Yw Ph Ro 4

Nadhim Zahawi Stratford-on-Avon Rp 1

Daniel Zeichner Cambridge Rp Sc 2

• Like 3

Young Maryport may have a result with his unique pick of Danzcuk, Sun today have the estranged missus bang to rights for cheating on him. Danzcuk was already struggling with the breakdown of the marriage before this onslaught.