1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

He had football in an artificial coma for two decades.

• Like 4

This guy got a raw deal, he was a great man, and gave so much money to lesser nations, of course western goverment cannot stand this, so framed him. 

7 hours ago, RIP Wee Jum said:

Maybe get an update on Sepp Blatter at he start of August.  He has been summoned to attend a hearing on 9th August
http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2021/06/18/no-sick-note-blatter-swiss-summon-august-hearing/

Odds on him pulling a Berlusconi and being mysteriously hospitalised for a night or two..? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 02/11/2021 at 14:51, arghton said:

Trial begins on Wednesday: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-10889351/Blatter-Platini-finally-going-court-FIFA-fraud-trial.html

Nadine Dorries has mentioned nothing of this!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 02/11/2021 at 14:51, arghton said:

He's 86, I'm thinking his team start by pleading the health dangers of prolonged legal proceedings.

Oh aye, and the story has his age wrong - I think anyway - born March 1936, right?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

He's 86, I'm thinking his team start by pleading the health dangers of prolonged legal proceedings.

Oh aye, and the story has his age wrong - I think anyway - born March 1936, right?

Yeah March 1936 is correct.They can't count.

Amongst my friends he is affectionately known as septic bladder.

• Like 1

Just now, Sean said:

Yeah March 1936 is correct.They can't count.

If it was a cash bung from Russia or Quatar, they'd have counted it accurately

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Blatter and Platini not guilty: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62081675

FFS :smoking-smiley:

Doubtless his breathlessness and chest pains will miraculously clear up now and he can enjoy watching the World Cup in that bastion of football heritage that is Quatar.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

FFS :smoking-smiley:

Doubtless his breathlessness and chest pains will miraculously clear up now and he can enjoy watching the World Cup in that bastion of football heritage that is Quatar.

The dry heat will do wonders for his lungs.

• Haha 2

On 08/07/2022 at 05:59, YoungWillz said:

Blatter and Platini not guilty: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62081675

- On his arrival at the court on Friday, Blatter said: "I am not innocent” [full stop]

10 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

No shit Sherlock moment - Blatter says giving Qatar the World Cup was a mistake: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63554507

Though his reasoning is that the country is too small, it's not about human rights, it being a desert country, or not having a football history.

I assume his problem is somewhat financial, not enough ticket sales, sponsoring, or something like that.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Though his reasoning is that the country is too small, it's not about human rights, it being a desert country, or not having a football history.

I assume his problem is somewhat financial, not enough ticket sales, sponsoring, or something like that.

He was OK with it in 2010. The Qatar bid moved him to a bigger house!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Aye, well...the interesting thing dug up by all the investigative journalism on Fifa's massive corruption is that Blatter comes out as a different kind of corrupt to the complete self-serving sleazeballs like Jack - I wouldn't dignify you with my spit - Warner and Chuck - that'll be one Trump Tower apartment for me and one for my cats, thank you! - Blazer. Blatter's far from clean or pure but - oddly - also has a sense of trying to secure a legacy and respect for football and his achievements. So, at 86, watching the slow PR car crash of one of Fifa's worst decisions he's clearly trying to distance himself from the shit storm he spent some time creating. 

He might lighten his mood by watching United Passions (0% on Rotten Tomantoes, 1 out of 100 on Metacritic), widely regarded as one of the worst films ever made, an utter Fifa-centric whitewash of the founding of the organisation wherein Tim Roth plays Blatter and a host of other notables (Martin Jarvis, Sam Neill etc.) weigh in as other Fifa heavyweights.

United_Passions.jpg

• Like 1

On 06/06/2022 at 22:24, iliadpi said:

Die.

Please.

Also, does he take into account his new heated driveway & collection of Rolex’s when weighing up wether it was a good idea?

• Like 1