Thing is Blatter is still there and will be till about March next year if the Feds don't stick him in the slammer before then.

I'm boycotting all the FIFA sponsors till he goes for good.

I'm not buying or wearing any Adidas products, in fact I've thrown into the charity bin a nice Adidas jumper that I've had for years.

Nike from now on.

McDonalds is out of the question. KFC now first choice.

Coke and my favourite Dr Pepper have gone untouched.

Gazprom = central heating is off for the summer.

Anyone driving a Kia or Hyundai won't be let out of side junctions.

And Bud can go whistle.

Bud's like drinking horse piss anyway.

• Like 1

Bud's like drinking horse piss anyway.

Never actually tried drinking horse piss, so I wouldn't know.

Thing is Blatter is still there and will be till about March next year if the Feds don't stick him in the slammer before then.

I'm boycotting all the FIFA sponsors till he goes for good.

I'm not buying or wearing any Adidas products, in fact I've thrown into the charity bin a nice Adidas jumper that I've had for years.

Nike from now on.

McDonalds is out of the question. KFC now first choice.

Coke and my favourite Dr Pepper have gone untouched.

Gasprom = central heating is off for the summer.

Anyone driving a Kia or Hyundai won't be let out of side junctions.

And Bud can go whistle.

This is easy for me, as I don't use any of these anyway.

FIFA-sepp-Blatter-bribes-funny.jpeg'Russia & Qatar may lose World Cups' - Fifa officialGood lord, this is gonna be juicy!!!

Not with stadiums half built already, never happen. Too late for a moral correction. Just my $0.02.Blatter in 48 hours: I am the President of Everything / I am the President of nothing. Couldn't happen to a more smug asshole.SirC

Another stadium that was started but never completed

Okay, a little far fetched but they do excist, stadiums that were started but never finished. This is nice example, te Giarre Polo stadium in Sicily.

Self destruction continues as Blatter "fires" communications director Walter De Gregorio. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3119995/FIFA-communications-chief-quits.html

What's that they say about a drowning man?

can Blatter fire someone if he himself has resigned?

Self destruction continues as Blatter "fires" communications director Walter De Gregorio. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3119995/FIFA-communications-chief-quits.html

Think so, he's the big Swiss cheese until he's worked his notice. De Gregorio will probably return after the election of a new President.

Think so, he's the big Swiss cheese until he's worked his notice. De Gregorio will probably return after the election of a new President.

I wonder if he plans to take everyone down with him before he leaves.

Wow, this guy is incredible. Gets himself elected despite a massive corruption scandal, steps down less than a week later and takes back his word less than two weeks later? Man, just make up your mind and f%*k off already.

I guess the football federations of Europe and the Americas should just secede from FIFA and found a new international organization without these corrupt African and Asian countries still backing Blatter. These teams are only fillers in the World Cups anyways. (Their only major result was a 4th place from Korea in 2002, and they shouldn't be proud about that, since they had to cheat to get there...)

• Like 2

What a tool.

I was unaware that a person has the option of changing their mind once they've resigned. Or did he resign 'effective August'.

In any case this moron is exhibiting some awesome leadership skills.

SC

what does the moron think his doing just resign and let the next guy take over who is probably just as corrupt

what does the moron think his doing just resign and let the next guy take over who is probably just as corrupt
I dunno, I may be a bit naïve, but I think the other candidates for presidency were likely less corrupt.

One of them was Prince Ali bin Hussein from Jordan; a member of the royal family of Jordan (half brother of the current king). Even if Jordan is not a filthy rich country like Qatar or Saudi Arabia, I think he would have enough money already so he wouldn't be as corruptible. His agenda is a different question, he successfully lobbied for the hijab to be allowed at ladies' games. Very practical, isn't it?

The other guy was Luis Figo from Portugal, a former superstar at Barcelona and Real Madrid (and a wealthy man as well). He doesn't need bribes to put food on his family ;), so he'd likely not risk his reputation by being corruptible.

The last one was a Dutch guy that I don't really know much about. But he seemed like the kind of person who cares more about his agenda than his wealth.

Wow, this guy is incredible. Gets himself elected despite a massive corruption scandal, steps down less than a week later and takes back his word less than two weeks later? Man, just make up your mind and f%*k off already.

I guess the football federations of Europe and the Americas should just secede from FIFA and found a new international organization without these corrupt African and Asian countries still backing Blatter. These teams are only fillers in the World Cups anyways. (Their only major result was a 4th place from Korea in 2002, and they shouldn't be proud about that, since they had to cheat to get there...)

Sepp Blatter reminds me a lot of leftist leaders in poor countries, like Hugo Chavez or Thaksin Shinawatra of Thailand. They like to redistribute wealth from the rich to the poor which gives them their power base among these groups (like Sepp Blatter and the Asian and African countries), but the problem is that they have to break the laws of their countries to do that, and they establish patronage systems and get called "corrupt" by the richer people or countries who get ripped off. It's always the same mechanism. Nevertheless, the "System Blatter" went too far when it gave the World Cup to Russia and Qatar, who were not "poor countries that needed it". I cannot get quite as outraged about the (likely) corruption in 2010 than about the one in 2018 and 2022.

In other news, Chuck Blazer has been a mole since 2013:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/15/chuck-blazer-fifa-ban-undercover-back-taxes-plea-deal

So this recent scandal cannot kill him off more quickly than his undercover mission has done since 2013.

And also, Switzerland is now investigating the story itself:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/17/fifa-investigation-53-cases-money-laundering-swiss-attorney-general

Blatter will not attend Women's World Cup Final: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-3144962/FIFAs-Blatter-not-attend-womens-World-Cup-final-Canada.html

Don't think he's ill. Will be the first time he's not presented the trophy, also reported live on BBC News.

I'm still continuing my petition for the players to swap shirts at the end of each match.

• Like 1

Blatter's credibility...well, you know, the credibility he can claim, is terminally undermined by the fact he can't go to Canada because he's fearing arrest on that continent.

Can't wait until the FIFA movie goes to DVD and myself and the young 'un laugh ourselves silly over it.

"Under medical observation for stress":

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/06/sepp-blatter-stress-fifa

He can't live without FIFA...

They're surviving without him, mind.

A cynical prediction: he'll conveniently hover in the medical twilight zone where his fitness to appear in court is always under threat whilst his hold on life stays up there with the likes of Ernest Saunders.

• Like 2