Sign in to follow this  
Sean

Shaun`s Death By Numbers

Sir Creep, presumably by Amy Watts you refer to the Daily Star showbiz journo? As I'm sorry to say she died in March.

Bah! maybe so. I went back to January in the 'possibilities' thread trying to catch up. See I've already lost one! LOL 49 to go.

OK I substitute another By-Election Bingo team member, David Winnick, as Ms. Watts' champion. Thanks for the heads-up

SC

Shaun, did you see my post on the dead 2015 thread? Would Bob Cole have counted here, died at Dignitas today and got front pages on two tabloids this morning stating he was scheduled to go at 2-00, after which the BBC reported it. The point being he was famous mainly for being very ill. Do the likes of him, death rowers etc. count hereabouts?

There is no fame criteria only obituary criteria.If he had been nominated before he died.Which I don`t think he was.Was he?Anyway yes he would have scored points but only if the nomination had been posted prior to his death even if it was explicitly obvious he was going.I also have not disallowed any death row inmates or hostages but their has to be sufficient proof they are dead but the obit criteria will sort that out.You can switch any nominations by the end of Sunday night but after that nominations are locked except for new entries.

My pick Suvra Mukherjee, first lady of India, is dead... looking for an obit, will edit this post if i find it. She was born in 1940.

Edit: Hmm, does this count? https://in.news.yahoo.com/president-pranab-mukherjee-s-wife-suvra-passes-away-063817819.html

Or maybe this: https://screen.yahoo.com/president-pranab-mukherjees-wife-suvra-062500542.html

I didn't know there were so many yahoo-pages...

Editedit: There's also a latino-fox news obit, but not a fox news obit, hmm.... http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/lifestyle/2015/08/18/suvra-mukherjee-india-first-lady-dies-at-74/

Suvra Mukherjee has died at 74.Can`t find a qualifying obit but if any can find one it`s 40 points to gcreptile!

This one here is from the yahoo main pages: https://news.yahoo.com/video/presidents-wife-suvra-mukherjee-passes-125013970.html

Obit-wise, this is a very interesting case for this "trial year" because your rules allow "foreign" obits like CNN and Fox News. But you didn't say that the obits from global news companies like yahoo need to come from uk pages, like the DDP does with reuters.uk. and Huffington Post.uk. So the india yahoo news obit above should already have counted.

Still, I am a little surprised her death didn't appear in the UK press. I mean she was the "incumbent" first lady, not a former one. I am sure that Sonia Gandhi's death, for example, would get more publicity. Maybe the Bangkok bombings have drawn the attention away from India.

Strange that the Indian first lady barely get obit but if it was American or some shit it'd be international news

Strange that the Indian first lady barely get obit but if it was American or some shit it'd be international news

Indeed, I think it's because of the funny-sounding name.

My pick Suvra Mukherjee, first lady of India, is dead... looking for an obit, will edit this post if i find it. She was born in 1940.

Edit: Hmm, does this count? https://in.news.yahoo.com/president-pranab-mukherjee-s-wife-suvra-passes-away-063817819.html

Or maybe this: https://screen.yahoo.com/president-pranab-mukherjees-wife-suvra-062500542.html

I didn't know there were so many yahoo-pages...

I too was unaware there was so many yahoo pages but the rules only say yahoo as a source so it counts. Congratuulations that`s 40 points.

Editedit: There's also a latino-fox news obit, but not a fox news obit, hmm.... http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/lifestyle/2015/08/18/suvra-mukherjee-india-first-lady-dies-at-74/

Neither did I but the rules only specify yahoo so it certainly does count.That`s 40 points!Well played!

• Like 1

Here`s the scoreboard that accounts for Baker ,Mukerjee and Stokes

gcreptile :65

The Unkown Man :41

Captain Chorizo:25

Death Impends:25

Sir Creep :25

Everyone else:0

Shouldn't this be extracurricullar...

It is in the Extra curricular thread mon amis

Shouldn't this be extracurricullar...

It is in the Extra curricular thread mon amis

No I posted it in the wrong place but a moderator subsequently moved it to its rightful place in extracurricular.

Hmm, despite being "everyone else" I'm admiring this lively little contest.

Hmm, despite being "everyone else" I'm admiring this lively little contest.

It has legs for an interesting year long contest, certainly.

Safe to say it will be back next year as well due to the response being excellent.I will of course ask for feedback to consider for next year but won`t make any decisions until December.

Safe to say it will be back next year as well due to the response being excellent.I will of course ask for feedback to consider for next year but won`t make any decisions until December.

Relax the fucking obit requirements

I may well do but not too much.I will probably add a few more sources to next years entry post.

I may well do but not too much.I will probably add a few more sources to next years entry post.

Take a look at some of the marginal areas of rules (age of youngest candidates, what to do if there's a dead heat etc.) and post some clear guidelines before the new entries, saves arguments and bad feeling etc.

• Like 1

Obit for Sachs, one of many I'm sure

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/aug/30/oliver-sacks-dies-aged-82-eminent-neurologist-author-awakenings

Just noticed they've spelt his name wrong. Silly Guardian.

Oops, looks like it was me who was wrong.

Yeah, I think I got the spelling wrong too, but he is on my team.

Obit for Sachs, one of many I'm sure

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/aug/30/oliver-sacks-dies-aged-82-eminent-neurologist-author-awakenings

Just noticed they've spelt his name wrong. Silly Guardian.

Oops, looks like it was me who was wrong.

Yeah, I think I got the spelling wrong too, but he is on my team.

We're moving into the September-December window, or the reaping period of the next year's DDP line up, as it's also known.

• Like 2

I'm certainly not alone, but Sir Creep did score some points with Mr. Sacks leaving this mortal coil.

SC

I'm certainly not alone, but Sir Creep did score some points with Mr. Sacks leaving this mortal coil.

SC

He's worth 33 pts when SOTD gets round to it, putting SC a tad shy of 60pts and popping my cherry on this dead pool. Can't recall who else had him.

SC

He's worth 33 pts when SOTD gets round to it, putting SC a tad shy of 60pts and popping my cherry on this dead pool. Can't recall who else had him.

I think most of did. I know I did.