Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

On 04/05/2024 at 13:43, Gisooo said:

@Ulitzer95 In the magazine I just posted there are two other names for which I am not very sure?

Richard Lester and Robert M. Knight, are they supposed to be these/these people, although it is impossible to think that it is the director with the same name!

The "Robert M. Knight" reported as dying on November 1, 2023 has to be legendary basketball coach Bobby Knight (birthname Robert Montgomery Knight). Must have qualified for SAG-AFTRA due to his appearance in Anger Management?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/05/2024 at 17:35, The Immortal said:

Back when I was a lad and YouTube was barely a thing, one video I have fond memories of is the French TGV speed record attempt that took place in 2007. It was a video that fascinated me then and still does today. I decided to watch it again the other day, this time to figure out more about the 3 crew members, other personnel involved and their current whereabouts. 

Found out in a French article that the lead driver and engineer (center of this photo) is SNCF driver Eric Pieczac, who was born in July 1960 and would be 63 now. Next to Pieczac on the left of the photo is SNCF traction engineer Georges Pinquie (around 70 assuming his age in this article is correct) who has since retired. Pieczac and Pinquie are definitely alive and well, both men attending mainly the "SNCF Patrimoine" (basically French railway heritage) events. The man on the right of the photo wearing glasses is SNCF traction supervisor Claude Maro who I would reckon is in his 70s as well especially as he apparently was there during the 1990 TGV world record attempt, I've found absolutely no information on Maro asides from that. Assuming he's alive as I don't think the French media would miss if one of their TGV record personnel died.

Additionally the other two crew members in the 1990 record attempt are Michel Massinon who died in 2015 at the age of 69, and Daniel Vigneau who I haven't found any info on. The at the time Minister of Transport Michel Delebarre was on board the train for that attempt as well, he died in 2022.

There was also an Aerospatiale Corvette jet that chased and monitored the train, shot a lot of the video footage actually. Couldn't find who the pilot was.

If any French DLer here has more info or can find any more leads, let me know.

I'm not French, but MatchID https://deces.matchid.io/search?q=maro+claude only shows one deceased Claude Maro, born 1938, so possibly too old to be your man.

On 11/05/2024 at 13:21, Spade_Cooley said:

The "Robert M. Knight" reported as dying on November 1, 2023 has to be legendary basketball coach Bobby Knight (birthname Robert Montgomery Knight). Must have qualified for SAG-AFTRA due to his appearance in Anger Management?

Oddly enough he appeared in a basketball film in 1994 with Shaq called Blue Chips, and a quick YouTube check reveals that he had a quite a few lines during his scene in the film. So I would suspect based on SAG rules, that his role in this film would have been likely how he got membership. He way exceeded his speaking and workday requirement in that film, even if he's in a relatively small portion of it.

14 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

I'm not French, but MatchID https://deces.matchid.io/search?q=maro+claude only shows one deceased Claude Maro, born 1938, so possibly too old to be your man.

Don't think that's him. However in your site I did find one Daniel Vigneau born in 1952 and dead in 2022, who could potentially be the same TGV crew member in the 1990 attempt.

On 27/08/2023 at 11:03, drol said:

Philip Guard is alive and living near Casola Lunigiana as I got in contact with his carer. His (second?) wife died last month.

He is very private and no one there knows he was an actor.

Philip Guard has died at 95. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, drol said:

Philip Guard has died at 95. 

Link?

Just now, YoungWillz said:

Link?

@drol had local knowledge on this one.

drol, any idea where and when? Will keep my eyes peeled for an obit.

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

@drol had local knowledge on this one.

drol, any idea where and when? Will keep my eyes peeled for an obit.

Some days ago. As soon as I have more precise news I will share.  I don't know if he was at home (Casola Lunigiana) or hospital (which would likely be Fivizzano or Massa).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 17/11/2020 at 11:56, Ulitzer95 said:

Mentioned her a few months back but worth doing another check... another parent of note is Keith Harris' mother, Lilian (known as "Lila") Harris who was born in 1917. 100th birthday report from Cheshire Liver in 2017. Nothing in the GRO or probates since then.

She was a singer and dancer in her own right and turning 104 next year. Could potentially obit.

I wonder how Lila Harris is doing? Still living at 107!?

1 hour ago, Gisooo said:

I wonder how Lila Harris is doing? Still living at 107!?

No idea. If her 107th birthday happens in July she should appear on the Oldest in Britain site.

Though she may be in the GRO. @Master Obit

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

No idea. If her 107th birthday happens in July she should appear on the Oldest in Britain site.

Though she may be in the GRO. @Master Obit

I believe she is in the index as Lillian Edith Harris (the exact birth date matches, and also the was death registered in Blackpool). All records I can find for Keith's mother seem to list her as Lilian (including the 1939 census, but bizarrely I can't find a birth record) but I'm going to assume it's the same person and just a typo in the registration.

23 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

I believe she is in the index as Lillian Edith Harris (the exact birth date matches, and also the was death registered in Blackpool). All records I can find for Keith's mother seem to list her as Lilian (including the 1939 census, but bizarrely I can't find a birth record) but I'm going to assume it's the same person and just a typo in the registration.

Are there any death dates for her from 2017 to 2023 under that name?

2 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Are there any death dates for her from 2017 to 2023 under that name?

21 September 2018.

• Thanks 2

A weird thing. I randomly found a Eunice Anderson obituary, but the actress hasn't been confirmed dead and wiki hasn't been updated. Born same year as the actress. Annoying thing is I don't know DOB of actress other than the year.

51 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

A weird thing. I randomly found a Eunice Anderson obituary, but the actress hasn't been confirmed dead and wiki hasn't been updated. Born same year as the actress. Annoying thing is I don't know DOB of actress other than the year.

No sense, how she could have died in 2008 when the last credit is in 2013? She was at least alive in 2019

• Like 1

French table tennis player Huguette Béolet (born 1919, wiki) is in the "possibly living people" category on Wikipedia.

Is this her death record from 2014 on MatchID? Same first name and identical date of birth. Only problem is I can't find anything online to confirm whether her married name was Brochier and whether or not she was born in Algeria as there is such little information on her. 

Is Huguette a common female French name? There are no other death records for anyone called Huguette with the same date of birth.

If it's her, Brochier should be the birth surname, not the married. Since both men and French women in MatchID are listed in their birth name and surname when they die, just like many examples. I don't know if I've seen any famous French women on MatchID listed with their husband's last name when they died?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Is Huguette a common female French name?

It was in the 20th century first half.

But the name Béolet isn’t and wasn’t common, so with the same name, first name and DOB it’s definitely the same person.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

It was in the 20th century first half.

But the name Béolet isn’t and wasn’t common, so with the same name, first name and DOB it’s definitely the same person.

Thanks. Problem is the record doesn't have Béolet, it was the surname Brochier. I don't think it's enough to confirm it's her at this stage.

On 25/10/2022 at 19:10, Ulitzer95 said:

311290533_639599404167464_3626640357637300745_n.jpg.735fb0b0c8ef6bc0b8e0d7f22f1363c7.jpg

New photo of Golden Age supporting actor Armando Silvestre (wiki) out for dinner on the evening of October 6th.

Will turn 97 in January. Looks good!

Mexican-American actor Armando Silvestre (Wikireported dead at 98

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I hope he gets a THR obit. Eugene Iglesias didn't.

For me Silvestre, Iglesias and Henry Silva were the same person.

• Haha 1