YoungWillz

The EU Referendum Hokey Cokey

Voting has begun on the EU Withdrawal Bill, and the Lords' amendments thereto.

Government time limited debate was fairly predictable, usual entrenched positions, but there has been a Ministerial resignation over this, so there should be a couple of defeats in the offing for Tezza and chums.

7 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

London will die. It won't happen overnight but it will happen:

https://www.dw.com/en/will-brexit-kill-the-city/a-45372847

Have a nice day. :hatsoff:

They have been saying that since the Romans fucked off and left us to it.

Maybe.

At least you had the Romans LFN, we kinda telt them to 'FUCK OFF', tho as their forays North of The Wall probably produced Pontius Pilate there's another reason beyond water/oil etc that the shithole called the Shire should be begging to become a Southern County of Scotchland :)

But what did the Romans ever do for us?  :D

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, charon said:

At least you had the Romans LFN, we kinda telt them to 'FUCK OFF', tho as their forays North of The Wall probably produced Pontius Pilate there's another reason beyond water/oil etc that the shithole called the Shire should be begging to become a Southern County of Scotchland :)

Not a fucking chance!:lol:

• Haha 1

Well die of dehydration then, tho you'll be more worried about not getting any petrol......

Last chance, England as a County of Scotchland with one MSP, or wither........

Eta.... I'd even allow Spurs in the SPFL to give the illusion they could win something.

* obviously, they wouldn't.

45 minutes ago, charon said:

Well die of dehydration then, tho you'll be more worried about not getting any petrol......

Last chance, England as a County of Scotchland with one MSP, or wither........

Eta.... I'd even allow Spurs in the SPFL to give the illusion they could win something.

* obviously, they wouldn't.

Well we would let Celtic win the league again, we are too busy with Champions League Football.:D

What Brexiteers need to be mindful of is that the EU as a political issue will not go away. The LDs under a new leader will become the anti-UKIP picking up lots of votes at non-westminster elections and there will be  factions in both major parties that will want to rejoin the EU.

However if there is ever a political consensus to that end and we do reapply the EU will not allow us to rejoin on the deal we currently have. We will be expected to adopt the Euro there will be no exemptions, no rebates and they might push for us to join Shengan. Unless Brexit works for all the Brexiteers might lose the long game.

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

What Brexiteers need to be mindful of is that the EU as a political issue will not go away. The LDs under a new leader will become the anti-UKIP picking up lots of votes at non-westminster elections and there will be  factions in both major parties that will want to rejoin the EU.

However if there is ever a political consensus to that end and we do reapply the EU will not allow us to rejoin on the deal we currently have. We will be expected to adopt the Euro there will be no exemptions, no rebates and they might push for us to join Shengan. Unless Brexit works for all the Brexiteers might lose the long game.

The only reason we will all lose out 'in the long run' is because we have an utterly shit Prime Minister and Government who are doing everything to fuck up a withdrawal to the point of deliberate sabotage.

We are the FIFTH biggest economy on the planet.

Not the twelfth or thirty first, the FIFTH.

Whatever the referendum result was going to be it was going to be vital for Europe to trade with the UK just as much as it was for us to maintain trade with the EU.

The difference with a withdrawal was semantics. WTO rules of trade etc.

This should have been ironed out a fucking eon ago but instead they are still fucking around with 'deals' when the majority did not vote to leave with a bastard deal.

A trade deal could have been done long ago on the basis that we were going and didn't give a shit if the EU wanted to deal or not.

As it stands the EU is going to have to find an additional £8 billion a year from all other member states to cover the amount that we currently give to them.

How fucking simple would it have been to have 'as a gesture of goodwill' offer to maintain that for a free trade deal post brexit? Not very hard.

Yeah, Barnier and that other corrupt alcoholic cunt Junker would have turned it down so we could have said 'fuck you' and withdrew and used that £8 billion to support our exporters to the EU making them more competitive and in a position of being able to discount goods to counteract the additional duties.

The EU needs our airspace, our waters, our security services, our technology and everything else that contributes to them functioning.

This has always been a two way street but the way we have gone into this is like some kid going into the headmasters office to be given the cane.

All fertile ground for the Far Right to crawl out from under their stones and create fucking chaos.

So much for democracy.

14 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Not for much longer! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Not for much longer! :D

People without avatars know fuck all and their opinions are irrelevant.:)

Ah, so the only way Brexit would be a humongous disaster is if the government were a bunch of self-serving incompetents who had absolutely no plans and hadn't bothered coming up with any when they'd had 2 and a half years.

I'm sure LFN has reassured the forum now.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, msc said:

Ah, so the only way Brexit would be a humongous disaster is if the government were a bunch of self-serving incompetents who had absolutely no plans and hadn't bothered coming up with any when they'd had 2 and a half years.

I'm sure LFN has reassured the forum now.

Aye, all doom and gloom.

I must be Scottish.:lol:

^^^ you wish.

Bladans pal, Jari Elsilä has it right tho.

Brexit cartoon from Finland by Jari Elsilä

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, charon said:

^^^ you wish.

Bladans pal, Jari Elsilä has it right tho.

Brexit cartoon from Finland by Jari Elsilä

TBF, he still portrayed the Jock looking as miserable as fuck.:D

• Haha 2

Only cos the chain isn't cut yet....

• Haha 3

It is a fascinating thing to watch the government twist and turn on the contradictions of Brexit.

Trying to sever ties with half of our allies and all of our neighbours without losing the benefits of that alliance, and trying to hold onto the benefits of that alliance without ending up with Brexit in name only. 

Trying to take back control of our borders without actually putting in more border controls or closing the border with Ireland.

Trying to seem "strong and stable" when people to left and right (but mainly right) are jumping ship. 

Sadly, this will likely end with the hard right of the party taking power under someone like Rees Mogg or Bojo, and then the dark comedy of our times will turn still darker. 

On 07/09/2018 at 23:15, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Not the twelfth or thirty first, the FIFTH.

Whatever the referendum result was going to be it was going to be vital for Europe to trade with the UK just as much as it was for us to maintain trade with the EU.

Which is why I think they'll do an under-the-table "last minute" deal. Money speaks louder than ideology and all sides have too much to lose.

• Like 1

The UK is behaving like the crazy girlfriend shouting "Don't leave me or I'll kill myself". But it was their own decision, so more like "Don't make me leave you or I'll kill myself!"

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

The UK is behaving like the crazy girlfriend shouting "Don't leave me or I'll kill myself". But it was their own decision, so more like "Don't make me leave you or I'll kill myself!"

That may well be how it is being negotiated but do not assume that the people in the uk , on both sides, are happy with how our leaders have handled it.

One more point. There is this assumption that, because the uk has voted to leave the 'EU project' we are leaving Europe. We are not.

If we were, i would think, the repatriation of all of our soldiers from European soil would be a given.

Clearly, their sacrifice, the sacrifices my Country went through in two World Wars mean fuck all to all of those Europeans out there free to voice their opinions and free to vote.

Anyway, i don't know why you are moaning, your country has, after two failed attempts, succeeded in conquering Europe and you haven't had to fire a bullet! 

Deutschland uber alles, vielleicht.

* spoken as a Germanophile who has a German uncle and has lived in Laatzen*

5 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Going well, isn't it.:lol:

• Like 1

Come the final deal everyone is going to be unhappy about it so only then will everyone finally be united in wanting an Exit from the Brexit Deal.

If they had the same stupid simple vote in April next year along the lines of

Do you want to exit the Brexit deal that has been agreed?

Yes or No

Then Yes would win by miles and then we could have Exitbrexit for the next few years.

• Like 2