YoungWillz

The EU Referendum Hokey Cokey

I wouldn't trust Twitter, it thought Brexit would lose. If they say Labours done I'd expect a poll rise, that's how out of touch it is with the general public.

• Like 1

Yep, learned with shock that Twitter is decidedly left wing in nature. Realised that after the last general election. As for 'Momentum'... think they are slowly collapsing anyway from what I hear. It's all internal power struggles. Much the same for UKIP. Hard to see how things are going to emerge in the middle future, frankly.

A Labour collapse in seats = someone else rising. UKIP seem allergic to parliamentary electoral success, so that vacuum will go somewhere.

Bloody hell, all Tim Farron has to do is hide away and not say anything, and he might accidentally become the most successful Lib Dem leader of all time.

I am willing to believe in any scenario put forward at this point up to and including the LibDems forming the next Government. Just heard the news Seumas Milne is officially quitting the Grauniad to become permanent advisor to Corbyn too, so the Labour rot has well and truly become entrenched for a generation IMHO. What a Carry-On! lol

Is it just me or does Theresa May wandering around the Maltese EU summit look like she is wearing her housecoat and a couple of strings of anal beads?

• Like 1

Let's face it Corbyn is as much in favour of Brexit than Farage, just for different reasons...

Is it just me or does Theresa May wandering around the Maltese EU summit look like she is wearing her housecoat and a couple of strings of anal beads?

Reminds me of a film,or maybe it was a short video, anyway she is doing her best to say you lot stay together and see me right and i'll put in a good word for you with Trump.

Dear Sirs and Mesdames,

With the rejection of a statutory vote on the deal May brings back from the EU, we are witnessing the death of Parliamentary democracy and the rise of a Cromwellian PM.

Yours faithfully, etc etc

• Like 2

Six page letter delivered notifying EU that Britain is leaving.

Statement being made by PM to the House of Commons.

History made. And history shall judge.

When we finally leave will the EU say "So Long and Thanks For All The Fish"?

• Like 1

Britain is heading towards a "dilution of Brexit", with the country in danger of remaining in the EU "in all but name", former cabinet minister Theresa Villiers has said.

The MP and Northern Ireland Secretary (2012-2016) said she felt "compelled to speak out" amid recent controversy over Brexit negotiations.

Chancellor Philip Hammond was criticised this week for also saying the UK's trade relations with the EU would change only "very modestly" after Brexit, sparking anxiety among Leavers that Brexit may be delivered "in name only".

Glad to see elections around the globe are as pointless as ours in Murica.
SC

• Sad 1

The House of Lords has voted for Britain to remain in the customs union with the EU after Brexit.

The vote is an embarrassing defeat for Prime Minister Theresa May, who earlier this year was adamant that Britain’s exit from the EU would involve leaving both the customs union and the single market. Activists are now calling on her government to reopen the issue. Shadow Brexit Secretary Keir Starmer took to Twitter to hail the victory and called for a vote to be taken in the Commons now.
SC

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

The House of Lords has voted for Britain to remain in the customs union with the EU after Brexit.

The vote is an embarrassing defeat for Prime Minister Theresa May, who earlier this year was adamant that Britain’s exit from the EU would involve leaving both the customs union and the single market. Activists are now calling on her government to reopen the issue. Shadow Brexit Secretary Keir Starmer took to Twitter to hail the victory and called for a vote to be taken in the Commons now.
SC

Yes, another unelected bunch of cunts deciding what is best for the majority who originally voted to not be governed by an unelected bunch of cunts.

• Like 3

Time for a mass Lexit to Switzerland then.

Not matter, the 4th Reich is unravelling.

• Like 1

What really gets my piss boiling is the way those who voted out are treated like fucking knob heads by those tofu eating middle class cunts who voted to remain, probably, because they were worried they would lose their holiday homes in the South of France.

You ask anybody who voted to remain whether they voted to REMAIN and the answer would be yes.

That is REMAIN. Not remain a bit, remain in that part but not remain in the other, no, they wanted to remain in the entirety.

On that basis, why the fuck do they assume that people who voted to leave did not vote to LEAVE?

I did not vote to leave a 'lil bit' I did not vote to leave the customs union but stay in the freedom of movement treaty, I voted to LEAVE.

That means fucking LEAVE!!!!!!!

Geddit?

• Like 2

Feel your pain sister.

I wanted to leave the UK, and the party driving it wants to remain in the 4th Reich.

Not exactly a problem as its all falling apart nicely.

We can get rid of the SNP when their purpose is fulfilled.

Fucking booze price going through the roof shortly, I'll hunt Nicola down and kick her in the balls.

• Haha 1

As a Remainer my problem is that I do not trust the motives of the architects of Brexit. I do not believe they have the best outcome for the UK in mind only the removal of inconvenient barriers to their wealth and power.

Europe has a big impact on my work.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

As a Remainer my problem is that I do not trust the motives of the architects of Brexit. I do not believe they have the best outcome for the UK in mind only the removal of inconvenient barriers to their wealth and power.

Europe has a big impact on my work.

That will be everybody that wanted to leave the clutches of the 'Evil Empire' EU then.

Unless, of course, you believe that we were merely sheep, easily manipulated by Russia to use to break up Europe......

If only I had listened to those thoroughly decent, wholesome, caring '....we really do have your best interests at heart, honest! Remain campaigners!!:lol:

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

That will be everybody that wanted to leave the clutches of the 'Evil Empire' EU then.

Unless, of course, you believe that we were merely sheep, easily manipulated by Russia to use to break up Europe......

If only I had listened to those thoroughly decent, wholesome, caring '....we really do have your best interests at heart, honest! Remain campaigners!!:lol:

The Remain campaign was awful from start to finish. It started with David Cameron who with his negotiation asked for nothing and got slightly less. The focus should not have been project fear but impress on people the benefits of European Union membership including ease of travel, investment in the poorest areas, cultural protection and the safeguards on workers rights and the environment. It should also have included a commitment to reform and lead in Europe.

There were elements of dog whistle racism to the Leave campaign to target a certain demographic. Many on the left have always been suspicious of the EU and I understand their motives but the likes of Farage, Rees-Mogg, Patel, Gove and Davies (and Hoey) make me shudder.

After the vote I was hoping that there would be some coming together but nothing has been offered to the Remainers to bring us on board with project Brexit. In the opposite scenario there would have been a concerted effort to understand the concerns of the Leavers.

We are now left in an appalling divided society.

Where each side is suspicious of the motives of the other.

22 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The Remain campaign was awful from start to finish. It started with David Cameron who with his negotiation asked for nothing and got slightly less. The focus should not have been project fear but impress on people the benefits of European Union membership including ease of travel, investment in the poorest areas, cultural protection and the safeguards on workers rights and the environment. It should also have included a commitment to reform and lead in Europe.

There were elements of dog whistle racism to the Leave campaign to target a certain demographic. Many on the left have always been suspicious of the EU and I understand their motives but the likes of Farage, Rees-Mogg, Patel, Gove and Davies (and Hoey) make me shudder.

After the vote I was hoping that there would be some coming together but nothing has been offered to the Remainers to bring us on board with project Brexit. In the opposite scenario there would have been a concerted effort to understand the concerns of the Leavers.

We are now left in an appalling divided society.

Where each side is suspicious of the motives of the other.

That is utter bollocks.

The notion that the leavers, had they lost the vote, would have been listened to and their views and concerns taken on board is laughable.

I'm really surprised at you on that one, you are not exactly daft, even you must see that it would not have happened.

Why would it? Cameron had already gone out there and came back with exactly fuck all and STILL he and the remain side were considering his visit a success.

The whole point of his visit was to allay the concerns of the leave side in the first place.

Having been less than successful how exactly would he and that side have been able to understand anything?

I'm not going to address your other points as, fundamentally, we are poles apart in our views and I like you so I'm not going to have a row.  :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

'Evil Empire'? Seriously? You're talking about a longstanding peaceful coalition of democracies in those terms? I just don't get where you're coming from. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, paddyfool said:

'Evil Empire'? Seriously? You're talking about a longstanding peaceful coalition of democracies in those terms? I just don't get where you're coming from. 

No, I wasn't being serious you utter fucktard. If I had been, I would not have put '.......' around it.

Jesus Christ.

43 years ago today, the UK voted in the EEC membership referendum, voting to stay in by c67% to c33%.

Each country of the UK voted to remain.

Times were different then of course. There were fewer member countries, each country had a distinct sovereign currency and talks of a political, never mind economic, union were but a pipe dream of a few radicals.

The Italian elections are fun tho YW.

Their new EU minister has wanted out of the Euro in the very recent past, and views the German economic policies in the same way as their military ones in the 30's.

The EU will crumble, its just a matter of 'when' :)

• Like 1