YoungWillz

The EU Referendum Hokey Cokey

Government found in contempt of parliament over not publishing legal advice in full

,311 ayes, 293 noes, and 46 abstentions.

They lost their amendment to refer to the privileges committee (and avoided the contempt vote)  vote

307 ayes to 311 noes. and 32 abstentions. 

Full legal advice will be published tomorrow.

Assuming the government also manages to lose the actual Brexit vote, the .possibility of a vote of no confidence appears to be looming large now.

• Like 1

At some point in this process there is going to be a whole load of HATE crystallizing on a single moment in time, whatever happens.

No chance of that deathers, none. None at all.

You think when push comes to shove that folk would risk Corbyn getting in?

They'd take a hard Brexit over that, no matter their public stance up to now.

Just now, Grim Up North said:

At some point in this process there is going to be a whole load of HATE crystallizing on a single moment in time, whatever happens.

I'm counting on that chaplin.gif

5 minutes ago, charon said:

No chance of that deathers, none. None at all.

You think when push comes to shove that folk would risk Corbyn getting in?

They'd take a hard Brexit over that, no matter their public stance up to now.

Yes. Also a member of the DUP was going about saying he'd prefer Jezza to May earlier - if that's the case then the rainboe coalition can get in through FTA, publics thoughts don't matter.

They're all fucking useless, as far as I can tell. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Deathray said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/04/uk/brexit-uk-eu-legal-position-gbr-intl/

We can end Brexit. Just like that. Take that beleavers. 

Yep

All those millions who voted to leave will just disappear like it never happened.:lol:

7 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Yep

All those millions who voted to leave will just disappear like it never happened.:lol:

Well they certainly seem to have done so so far.

100 people turned up to the most recent pro Brexit protest.

700,000 people turned up to the most recent anti Brexit march.

Go figure.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Well they certainly seem to have done so so far.

Go figure.

I will go figure that 700, 000 may as well have been quoted at 1 million for all of the accuracy that gets reported.

Those '700,000' who attended marched in London, a remain strong hold.

A collection of students, the middle class and anti government, anti poverty and anti breathing activists were all able to mobilise via social media to all attend and be handed professionally made banners, T shirts and other paraphernalia to adorn themselves with to ram home the point that they were happy to usurp a democratic vote because it did not go their way.

The majority, however, those that originally voted to leave, sat at home, went to work, shopping and, generally ,got on with their lives because, as far as we are concerned, democracy, if it ever was alive, is now truly dead and, in future, we will keep having general elections, one after the other until the vociferous minority who want to jump up and down because they do not like the result, can take to the streets and demand a second vote, a third one and as many elections as they so wish until they get the result they want.

This is the current reality that we all live with. There is barely a week that goes by when London is not brought to a standstill by people protesting about something.

It makes the news, it doesn't make them right and it does not make them the majority.

I tell you now, even if this whole fucking abortion ends up with us staying in or taking orders from Brussels, even though we are out, the shit will hit the fan in this country.

Be careful what you wish for.

Go figure.

• Like 1

^^^ which will break up more than one Union :)

All for that shit :)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I will go figure that 700, 000 may as well have been quoted at 1 million for all of the accuracy that gets reported.

Those '700,000' who attended marched in London, a remain strong hold.

A collection of students, the middle class and anti government, anti poverty and anti breathing activists were all able to mobilise via social media to all attend and be handed professionally made banners, T shirts and other paraphernalia to adorn themselves with to ram home the point that they were happy to usurp a democratic vote because it did not go their way.

The majority, however, those that originally voted to leave, sat at home, went to work, shopping and, generally got on with their lives because, as far as we are concerned, democracy, if it ever was alive, is now truly dead and, in future, we will keep having general elections, one after the other until the vociferous minority who want to jump up and down because they do not like the result, can take to the streets and demand a second vote, a third one and as many elections as they so wish until they get the result they want.

This is the current reality that we all live with. There is barely a week that goes by when London is not brought to a standstill by people protesting about something.

It makes the news, it doesn't make them right and it does not make them the majority.

I tell you now, even if this whole fucking abortion ends up with us staying in or taking orders from Brussels, even though we are out, the shit will hit the fan in this country.

Be careful what you wish for.

Go figure.

If we actually leave shit will hit the fan as the "hard-working morons voting like turkeys for Christmas" realise that the promised land of milk and honey was actually the promised land of horse manure and dog vomit. As the factories close down, the middle-management jobs disappear, the retail sector collapses and the pubs, clubs and social events industry falls flat on its face because no-ones got any money any more. That is the reality of pushing ahead with Brexit and more and more people are realising the real and imminent danger. Now that we know the full deal the government intends to implement, if we trusted people enough to choose between two entirely hypothetical concepts, why is it wrong to trust them to vote again on two real concrete prospects; especially as the electoral commission has ruled that the last vote involved serious breaches of electoral law; can we really let a corrupt campaign be the vote that defines the future of our country? Do you not recognise the sham that it was? People at that pro-Brexit protest came from across the country, as they did for the March Against Austerity. 

The idea that it's only the intellectuals and students who are against Brexit is as stupid as your assertion that every supporter of Brexit works Saturdays and couldn't get to a protest. UKIP has 23,600 members and received 600,000 votes at the last election. You really telling me they couldn't organise a few dozen bus fulls of people to protest in favour of Brexit? It's just ridiculous, the Brexiteers don't really want Brexit, they just voted for it because they bought the lies. A second referendum, under fair electoral campaigns and free of corruption would confirm this? And if it doesn't then you'd be right about this silent majority; you're not though but if you are then what are Brexiteers so afraid of?

I'll tell you what there afraid of, the people waking up to the pro-aristocracy, pro-status quo fallacy of Brexit and not getting their backpocket bonuses from the chaos that Brexit will actually cause. 

The bottom line is there will be riots from pro-Brexiteers if we stay. 

The bottom line is those same people and many anti-Brexiteers will be rioting following the economic depression that the increasingly inevitable no-deal situation will bring about, even under May's deal that is highly likely. We're headed for societal breakdown. 

I'd rather we stayed in the EU and it was a temporary societal breakdown than witness a permanent one at the hands of Brexit.

• Like 2

So if I read this right deathers, you want to Remain because you're scared of the unknown?

Lol.

To quote the snowflakes, "why should you determine what happens to the rest of my life? Its sooooo unfair crysmiley.gif "

nut.gif

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Deathray said:

If we actually leave shit will hit the fan as the "hard-working morons voting like turkeys for Christmas" realise that the promised land of milk and honey was actually the promised land of horse manure and dog vomit. As the factories close down, the middle-management jobs disappear, the retail sector collapses and the pubs, clubs and social events industry falls flat on its face because no-ones got any money any more. That is the reality of pushing ahead with Brexit and more and more people are realising the real and imminent danger. Now that we know the full deal the government intends to implement, if we trusted people enough to choose between two entirely hypothetical concepts, why is it wrong to trust them to vote again on two real concrete prospects; especially as the electoral commission has ruled that the last vote involved serious breaches of electoral law; can we really let a corrupt campaign be the vote that defines the future of our country? Do you not recognise the sham that it was? People at that pro-Brexit protest came from across the country, as they did for the March Against Austerity. 

The idea that it's only the intellectuals and students who are against Brexit is as stupid as your assertion that every supporter of Brexit works Saturdays and couldn't get to a protest. UKIP has 23,600 members and received 600,000 votes at the last election. You really telling me they couldn't organise a few dozen bus fulls of people to protest in favour of Brexit? It's just ridiculous, the Brexiteers don't really want Brexit, they just voted for it because they bought the lies. A second referendum, under fair electoral campaigns and free of corruption would confirm this? And if it doesn't then you'd be right about this silent majority; you're not though but if you are then what are Brexiteers so afraid of?

I'll tell you what there afraid of, the people waking up to the pro-aristocracy, pro-status quo fallacy of Brexit and not getting their backpocket bonuses from the chaos that Brexit will actually cause. 

The bottom line is there will be riots from pro-Brexiteers if we stay. 

The bottom line is those same people and many anti-Brexiteers will be rioting following the economic depression that the increasingly inevitable no-deal situation will bring about, even under May's deal that is highly likely. We're headed for societal breakdown. 

I'd rather we stayed in the EU and it was a temporary societal breakdown than witness a permanent one at the hands of Brexit.

It already has you bell end!

Where the fuck have you been?

The High St is finished, the internet has seen to that.

Pubs died when smoking was banned and the chancellor kept on milking pub goers.

Social events industry? What does that mean exactly? Football clubs or marquee hire companies? Ferchrissakes, come up with something better than that Deathers..

The rest of your utter wank of a post just proves that, if anybody buys the utter bollocks sprouted by people about the utter collapse of our country if we leave the EU, it is the immature and gullible, like you.

Remain clearly believes that if you shout the loudest it gives your argument greater gravitas.

It doesn't.

If you truly believe that any societal breakdown will be temporary if we are FORCED to remain in the EU then you are truly stupid and I have never had you down as that.

Believe what you want, I don't give a fuck. I'm just going to sit here and watch it all fall apart.:)

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, charon said:

So if I read this right deathers, you want to Remain because you're scared of the unknown?

Lol.

To quote the snowflakes, "why should you determine what happens to the rest of my life? Its sooooo unfair crysmiley.gif "

nut.gif

Well here is the thing.

You voted for Scottish persons, all their sea fish and cattle, independence from the UK.

You 'don't care much for the English'

You hate the EU.

You have not spat your dummy out.

You carry on as before, smoking and drinking etc.:lol:

• Haha 1

Many modest social events have been killed off by over-strict health & safety rules, and the obligation to have expensive insurance for everything.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, charon said:

Lol.

nut.gif

No, I want to remain because as someone who will actually live long enough to see the full consequences, I think my opinion and desire has more wait than the the dead people who pushed Brexit over the winning line.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Well here is the thing.

You voted for Scottish persons, all their sea fish and cattle, independence from the UK.

You 'don't care much for the English'

You hate the EU.

You have not spat your dummy out.

You carry on as before, smoking and drinking etc.:lol:

Fucking righteous sister :) , and sit back and watch it all fucking BURN  Y5UOb.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

Many modest social events have been killed off by over-strict health & safety rules, and the obligation to have expensive insurance for everything.

Absolutely!!!!

1 minute ago, Deathray said:

No, I want to remain because as someone who will actually live long enough to see the full consequences, I think my opinion and desire has more wait than the the dead people who pushed Brexit over the winning line.

Yes, I mean older people should just be locked up in asylums, eh.

I hope you get to spend the rest of your life alone and in continued ignorance.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Without an FTA we won't leave the EU.

Wid a FTQ do instead?

FTQ.

28b48pf.gif

7 minutes ago, Deathray said:

You won't live long enough to see the benefits either, which makes it a fucking snowflake bout of selfishness on your part, no matter how long you "weight".

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Deathray said:

Seems to me that whatever the validity of those particular numbers, people don't generally bother to get out of bed on a cold winters day to protest when something is going their way - so comparing them directly is a bit moot.

• Thanks 2