Death Impends - 1084

Devon Death Trip - 1082

Switch - 716

GC Reptile - 365 pts

Youwantrice... - 362

Deadsox - 360

Jiroemonkimura - 360

MSC - 359

Or in plain English, two reasonably swift hits sweep Sir Creep over the line.

RING RING; "Is Ms Feek available please...hello...hello!"

• Like 1

For those who can't be arsed visiting page one, it's fast 'n' furious alright:

Sir Creep - 1439

Death Impends - 1084

Devon Death Trip - 1082

Switch - 716

GC Reptile - 365 pts

Youwantrice... - 362

Deadsox - 360

Jiroemonkimura - 360

MSC - 359

Or in plain English, two reasonably swift hits sweep Sir Creep over the line.

RING RING; "Is Ms Feek available please...hello...hello!"

How exactly do I get to the first page?.....

Fast and furious, MPFC! Do you know where we were by the 9th hit in 2015? 19th February, with Katayama, and the first hints I might entirely steal Death Impends victory away from him.

Now, we have 9 hits, and 2016 isn't even a fortnight old.

What was the earliest date the competition ended?

Cause this year, it looks like SC will win in a few days, as long as Feek is his joker (don't feel like checking).

Edit: Okay, I actually checked, and nope.

So he needs two more hits. That means I have a chance to get some points before the competition ends, phew.

Aye, that's a qualifying obit (though next year I was wondering if we lower the standard and accept graffiti on a toilet wall), I'm on it.

Jan 7th - lotsa points

Re date of Smith's death, the source above says Thursday. That Guardian article linked in the post above quotes his wife tweeting about "this morning" but it could be an old tweet, right?

Still minded to keep the points for Thursday. Or am I wrong?

Think it's a misprint in the story I posted MPFC. Let's rely on a broadsheet, it's the 12th: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jan/12/andrew-smith-butler-university-basketball-star and CNN: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/12/sport/andrew-smith-butler-basketball-player-dies/index.html

Will it matter in the long run? Or short run? He he. Apologies for finding the story with the misprint!

Think it's a misprint in the story I posted MPFC. Let's rely on a broadsheet, it's the 12th: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jan/12/andrew-smith-butler-university-basketball-star and CNN: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/12/sport/andrew-smith-butler-basketball-player-dies/index.html

Will it matter in the long run? Or short run? He he. Apologies for finding the story with the misprint!

Okay, on it, unlikely to matter in the long run.

Reet busy at work tomorrow - Thursday - but I'm mindful of 11 jokers and a slew of other picks riding atop Ms Feek's demise. It might be more than a coffee break's worth of graft to add the points as they become available. So, please be patient.

http://www.newsmax.com/thewire/joey-feek-death-pain-medicine/2016/01/13/id/709317/

Reet busy at work tomorrow - Thursday - but I'm mindful of 11 jokers and a slew of other picks riding atop Ms Feek's demise. It might be more than a coffee break's worth of graft to add the points as they become available. So, please be patient.

http://www.newsmax.com/thewire/joey-feek-death-pain-medicine/2016/01/13/id/709317/

If she'd like to go in the next 5 and a half hours it would be worth an extra 6 points in the DDP.

Warped priorities, I know.

• Like 1

If she'd like to go in the next 5 and a half hours it would be worth an extra 6 points in the DDP.

Well the sooner she dies the sooner the suffering s over.She is most likely completely unconscious or in excruciating pain.There is a very good reason a lot of people use the phrase "happy release".

Well the sooner she dies the sooner the suffering s over.She is most likely completely unconscious or in excruciating pain.There is a very good reason a lot of people use the phrase "happy release".

If you follow the link from my post there she's in bed and apparently quite warm whilst her husband is thickly wrapped stood beside her. has he just come in from the cold or is she caning the radiation in her final hours?

A Joey Feek demise in the next week and I'm right back in the race.

• Like 2

Rene Angelil is the joker in my rebel team so 702 points I believe. Good chance of finishing this year I think.

Phew. SC didn't pick Angelil.

• Like 2

Phew. SC didn't pick Angelil.

No gotta admit I saw him as a back half of the year candidate, it's a shocker to me quite honestly. He was my fahkin JOKER in Hare's for that reason. Ugh!

SC

Our pool will go on, but it's getting a little livlier:

And let's have a look at the old scoreboard:

Devon Death Trip - 1434

Sir Creep - 1434

Switch - 1415

Death Impends - 1084

Deadsox - 1064

MSC - 706

Tick Tock - 704

GC Reptile - 365 pts

Youwantrice... - 362

Jiroemonkimura - 360

Book - 352

Captain Chorizo - 352

C.U.N.T. - 352

Deathisall... - 352

Dead Cow - 352

JiroemonKimura - 352

MaryportFC - 352

Rotten Ali - 352

Rad Guy - 352

Sean of the Dead - 352

Toast - 352

Unknown Man - 352

Uschi - 352

Oh aye, and over ten jokers are riding on Ms Feek, but I said that already, right?

I wonder how IM Pei and Gino Odjick are doing.

I wonder how IM Pei and Gino Odjick are doing.

Sneak up behind the pair of them and explode a paper bag and this time tomorrow you could have won the Deathrace!

• Like 2

Think Sir Creep has five less points now than he did at the last update?

Think Sir Creep has five less points now than he did at the last update?

I cut some points from Andrew Smith once we knew the real date of death, don't need to trim owt else of SC's score, do I?

• Like 1

I wonder how Ian St John, Vojislav Seselj and Zhou Youguang are doing :)

I wonder how Ian St John, Vojislav Seselj and Zhou Youguang are doing :)

Me too fella, a serious point with regard to the above. If and when Ms Feek delivers for her faithful public we'll be one decent hit short of a winner. There are loads of obscure picks on the masterlist and rule 11a hereabouts makes clear that once a winner is declared, we have a winner.

So if you've got some local hero/obscure industrialist/bassist in a band only sixteen people like etc etc.

Might just be time to Google "name" + "death" and see if the Packaging Industry Digest or whoever has their death mentioned on the website.