Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2016

Given my pish poor attempt on me first deathrace I'm thankful for any points Young Wlliz. I think the Don Arden story is just the tip on Stiggy.

Given my pish poor attempt on me first deathrace I'm thankful for any points Young Wlliz. I think the Don Arden story is just the tip on Stiggy.

Aye but the point of the Don Arden story was to make clear what a complete and utter twat Arden (dad of Sharon Osbourne) was.

If you want to lay crimes against humanity at Robert Stigwood's door we should start with his role in producing the Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band movie starring The Bee Gees, Frankie Howerd, George Burns and Peter Frampton!

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts is a criminal record/filum and no doubt about it. Almost so monumentally awful it's wonderful lol. Stiggy started off with Epstein and subsequently Joe Meek, interesting bloke to say the least of it.

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts is a criminal record/filum and no doubt about it. Almost so monumentally awful it's wonderful lol. Stiggy started off with Epstein and subsequently Joe Meek, interesting bloke to say the least of it.

Aye indeed; so I'm not missing owt then. Currently three masterlisters dead in five days, right?

:sherlock:

As posted on the Derby Deadpool, I believe Aden Hailu is a hit for DDT: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3385800/Woman-Reno-hospital-end-life-case-dies-life-support.html

4 January death.

OOh-wee, we have us a game on for sure - thanks

DEATHRACE 2016 (Sir Creep)

Tony Adamowicz

Hassan Asif

Martin Crowe

Bob Ellis

Joey Feek

Patrick Harrington Jr.

Ken Hechler

John Jay Hooker

Amazing Jonathon (Szeles)

Emma Morano (Martinuzzi)

Blackjack Mulligan

Susannah Mushatt Jones

Yoshiro Nakamatsu

Richard Overton

Sharon Percy Rockefeller

Andrew Smith

Huston Smith

Nobby Stiles

Lupita Tovar

Jimmy Carter​

Hassan Asif in the grave; the Deathrace is on.

SC

So my rebel team has.... 364 + 360 = 724 points

T'internet is a bit slow with a qualifying obit; since I'm tied up all afternoon - could someone post one as and when it appears, at which point the shadow team can bask in glory, for a bit anyway.

Thanks

So Spade's shadow list is currently taking the piss, or summat.

Joey Feek ain't well, right?

Cuban salsa trumpeter Alfredo "Chocolate" Armenteros dead. He was my joker for the Deathrace, but no English language write ups yet. I didn't pick him for the DDP, as I wasn't sure he'd get the right obituary, but I see Death Impends did, so fingers crossed for him.

And fingers crossed for you DDT. At this rate, game over by February 29 I say. Sheesh!

Thanks for the wishes, DDT. The obit question was something I pondered over as well, but I chose to take a punt on him because he seems to have collaborated with a lot of big names in his field, which seems to qualify musicians for the Independent backlog a lot of the time.

Great, the Deathrace was the only competition I expected to do well in (Only here do I have many good picks, since I'm not scared of not getting obits) and I'm already way behind :P Well that's life.

Thanks for the wishes, DDT. The obit question was something I pondered over as well, but I chose to take a punt on him because he seems to have collaborated with a lot of big names in his field, which seems to qualify musicians for the Independent backlog a lot of the time.

Almost took a punt on Eddie Willis for a similiar reasons(ie playing with many big names in music) only I wasn't sure whether it was him or his wife's medical bills musicians were having a fundraiser for last year.

Cuban salsa trumpeter Alfredo "Chocolate" Armenteros dead. He was my joker for the Deathrace, but no English language write ups yet. I didn't pick him for the DDP, as I wasn't sure he'd get the right obituary, but I see Death Impends did, so fingers crossed for him.

Hmmm,

Still looking for that qualifying obit but I want full-on carnage and a counting cornucopia of points etc. Anyone spotted - like - a trade mag or local source in English?

First hit of the year for me, but I only had him on my shadow list. :( I realized now that it was a blessing in disguise - I thought his name was TOM Harrington Jr, and that's what I put in my list, and what I probably would have added to my deadpool teams as well.

Bugger. Four days too early for my new Rotten DP team.

This game is even faster than I thought, I might still have 0 points when it's over!

This game is even faster than I thought, I might still have 0 points when it's over!

Hell yeah, lovin' this - keep them links comin'

Living up to the fast and the furious so far!