Sign in to follow this  
BrunoBrimley

Stranger Than Death

while wlaking her dog...

While doing what to her dog ??? :blink:

Oh well, I suppose vets do have to do some pretty unsavoury things involving animals.

Local vet gets trampled to death by a herd of cows while wlaking her dog...

All Creatures Maim and Kill

More on death cows. I had a close shave with some in the spring when they were after the dog and these were bullocks, not mothers protecting calves. Just got through a gate as they were closing in. There was a distinct taste in my mouth. Some might call it fear but for me it was......gravy.

I love the taste of gravy in the morning, it tastes like........pies!

Here we have the case of Stephen Barry who was at a loss when deciding what gift would be most lasting to his wife in recognition of their 58th wedding anniversary. In the end----and it was the end----he croaked. Can't give a more lasting gift than that.

Friday July 24, 2009, 8:43 AM

Stephen J. Barry, 80

Firefighter keen on Christmas decor

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Stephen J. Barry, 80, a retired city firefighter and U.S. Army veteran, died Tuesday in Staten Island University Hospital, in Ocean Breeze.

The day was the 58th anniversary of his marriage to the former Madelyn Redmond. Born in the Red Hook section of Brooklyn, he moved to Great Kills in 1970 and settled in Prince's Bay in 1978.

After attending St. Francis Preparatory School, he joined the U.S. Army in 1950 and served for two years, stationed in Germany.

Mr. Barry had an 23-year career as a city firefighter. He was assigned to Engine Co. 243 in the Bensonhurst section of Brooklyn for 18 years, then spent five years at Engine Co. 151 in Tottenville. He retired in 1985.

He enjoyed hunting, woodworking and spending time at his summer home in Tobyhanna, Pa.

Above all, he loved the holidays and decorating for Christmas.

"Every Christmas, he'd empty the entire living room and fill it up with little, snowy Christmas villages, trains and scenery. He was a young 80, honest, outgoing and energetic (and noow he's dead. Quite dead. Dead he is!) Not so energetic anym more). He always put my mother on a pedestal (man was nuts, what if his wife had fallen off the darned pedastal? He could have been charged and booked for murder)and he loved us all with his heart and soul. He was always giving everybody contributions," said his daughter, Lynn Tagliaferro.

Mr. Barry was a parishioner of St. Joseph's R.C. Church, Rossville.

His son, Stephen, died in 1995.

Along with his wife, Madelyn, and his daughter, Lynn, surviving are his three sons, Joseph, James and Sean; his daughter, Patricia Moussa; two sisters, Alice Clahane and Catherine Zemminski; nine grandchildren, and three great-grandchildren.

The funeral will be Monday from the Bedell-Pizzo Funeral Home, Tottenville, with a mass at 11:30 a.m. in St. Joseph's Church. Arrangements include cremation

Rest peacefully Mr.Barry, you will be missed by many.

Oh my, my oh my {remember that song by Slade?} it's been a while since I last partook of this thread although there have been instances aplenty which would have earned a visit and a post. Then today, I saw one which I could not let pass me by {remember that song? Pass me by if you're only passing through?}.

Today I bring the sad case of Helen and Pericles who was more commonly known as Perry.

It all began on November 1 of 2009 and ended less than three months later, our thoughts should now be extended to the children, Stella. Stemie and the other one who was named Connie.

Pericles Thanasoulis

Helen Thanasoulis

November 1, 2009 Pericles (Perry) Thanasoulis, a lifelong Staten Islander who worked on his parents’ vegetable farm, owned a popular eatery in Port Richmond and raised champion homing pigeons, died of lung cancer in his Huguenot home yesterday. He was 80.

Mr. Thanasoulis was born in New Springville to Kostas and Stamatia Thanasoulis, who immigrated to the borough from Greece seven years earlier. The couple owned the popular John and Gus’ Vegetable Farm on the site where the Staten Island Mall was built.

Mrs. Thanasoulis was also a founding member of Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church in Bulls Head, where her son was a lifelong parishioner.

A graduate of Port Richmond High School, Mr. Thanasoulis worked with his father on the farm until it was sold in 1963. He opened Perry’s Luncheonette with his wife, Helen, that same year. The restaurant became popular for its burgers and Perry and Helen’s gracious service behind the counter. It closed in 1973.

Mr. Thanasoulis sold Electrolux vacuums, then worked for the Sisters of Charity, performing maintenance at the former St. Vincent’s Hospital in West Brighton, before retiring more than 20 years ago.

In his leisure, Mr. Thanasoulis loved to spend time with his friends and family, particularly his grandchildren, Christina and Helena, and his dog, Sophie. But perhaps his greatest joy was racing homing pigeons.

One of the founders of the Staten Island Pigeon Racing Club in Port Richmond, Mr. Thanasoulis raised and trained his pigeons — known as Perry’s Loft — from a coop behind his West Terrace home. One of his birds once beat more than 1,500 others in a 500-mile race from Pennsylvania to Huguenot.

“He loved his family, friends, pigeons and his dogs. He was a huge animal lover with a heart of gold,” said his daughter, Connie Thanasoulis-Cerrachio.

Besides Ms. Thanasoulis-Cerrachio, Mr. Thanasoulis is survived by Helen, his wife of 54 years; daughters Stemie Autore and Stella Thanasoulis; sister Heridea Garo; brother Thomas Thanasoulis and two grandchildren.

Services will be from the Harmon Home for Funerals in Pleasant Plains. A mass will be held Thursday morning at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, followed by burial in Resurrection Cemetery.

and his wife Helen~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 31,2010 Helen Thanasoulis, 76, a longtime resident of Staten Island who had a warm personality, died yesterday at home in New Springville, after a battle with cancer.

Born Helen Mondreas, she was raised in Lowell, Mass., and relocated to New Springville in her early 20s, following family. She met Perry Thanasoulis in 1953, and the two were married in 1955.

In 1963, Mrs. Thanasoulis and her husband opened Perry’s Luncheonette, a restaurant in Port Richmond that became known for Perry’s burgers and Helen’s friendly service. When Perry’s Luncheonette closed in 1973, Mrs. Thanasoulis worked at Lucky Lotto in Tottenville until it closed in 2009.

In her free time, Mrs. Thanasoulis enjoyed “cooking and playing cards with her good friend Ellie,” according to family.

A longtime member of Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church in Bulls Head, she also took part in the church’s Greek Festival for some 30 years, and could often be found working the slovaki stand.

“She was loved by so many people because she loved so many people,” said her daughter, Connie Cerrachio. “Helen loved her three daughters with all her heart, and especially her two granddaughters, Eleni and Christina.”

Her husband of 54 years, Perry, died last year.

In addition to her daughter, Connie, Mrs. Thanasoulis is survived by two other daughters, Stemie Autore and Stella Thanasoulis; a brother, Chris Mondreas; a sister, Mary Chrampanis, and two grandchildren.

Arrangements are being handled by Harmon South Shore Home for Funerals, Pleasant Plains. A service will be held in Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church. Burial will be in Resurrection Cemetery, Pleasant Plains

I thought Bruno Brimley would enjoy reading about this:

HAROLD JOHN GRAINGER Harold was born in San Diego, California on September 20, 1919 and passed away in Wildomar, California on January 15, 2013. He is survived by his loving wife Beverlee, his 2 brothers William and Walter Grainger and his brother's extended families. He was preceded in death by his 3 brothers, Edwin, Roy and George. Professionally, Harold owned and operated his own appliance repair service in the Los Angeles area for over 35 years. He was very active with the Shriners and the Scottish Rite of Masons. Harold spent 4 years in the Army during World War II working in a medical reserve unit stationed in Germany. A unique quality of Harold and his wife Beverlee is the fact that both of them had been married 4 times before marrying each other. However, neither of them have any children, nor where either of them ever divorced. Harold enjoyed playing cards and dominos, traveling, eating out, and talking with family and friends. Harold loved helping people in anyway possible. He will always be remembered as a loving and caring person. SERVICE INFORMATION UPDATED 1/23/13: Due to the recent death of his wife, Harold's funeral services will be rescheduled to next week (to be announced). EVANS BROWN MORTUARY SUN CITY (951) 679-1114

:huh:

• Like 1

I thought Bruno Brimley would enjoy reading about this:

HAROLD JOHN GRAINGER Harold was born in San Diego, California on September 20, 1919 and passed away in Wildomar, California on January 15, 2013. He is survived by his loving wife Beverlee, his 2 brothers William and Walter Grainger and his brother's extended families. He was preceded in death by his 3 brothers, Edwin, Roy and George. Professionally, Harold owned and operated his own appliance repair service in the Los Angeles area for over 35 years. He was very active with the Shriners and the Scottish Rite of Masons. Harold spent 4 years in the Army during World War II working in a medical reserve unit stationed in Germany. A unique quality of Harold and his wife Beverlee is the fact that both of them had been married 4 times before marrying each other. However, neither of them have any children, nor where either of them ever divorced. Harold enjoyed playing cards and dominos, traveling, eating out, and talking with family and friends. Harold loved helping people in anyway possible. He will always be remembered as a loving and caring person. SERVICE INFORMATION UPDATED 1/23/13: Due to the recent death of his wife, Harold's funeral services will be rescheduled to next week (to be announced). EVANS BROWN MORTUARY SUN CITY (951) 679-1114

:huh:

Very very nice, thank you!

In more recently breaking news, aside from the deaths of the careers of several local politicians, there is the sad and yet sweet case of John and Mary, the Weingartners.

A happy couple from most accounts and residents of Richmond Valley for more than 20 years, Mary crossed over on Tuesday the 25th of March and her family was happily arranging her funeral services and subsequent burial on Saturday the 30th day of March in this the year 2013.

It seems her husband was not too keen on attending the Saturday service and ended up dead himself on the preceding day, Friday the 29th. Perhaps he couldn't find the right tie or maybe he was out of Brylcreem to slick down and style his hair. Well thing is he is dead as well.

Mary and John both departed from their earthly covers at the hospital in Prince's Bay and were attended to by the fine folks at Bedell-Pizzo Funeral Home out on Amboy Road and then interred into the earth at Resurrection Cemetery.

It is unknown by me whether or not Mary had her services changed to a different day after her widowed husband died.

Mary Weingartner, 76 | SILive.com

John Weingartner, 80 | SILive.com

Apparently there's a run on couples croaking in the same week of time..,

Former Staten Island couple had a lifetime of love, and now an eternity together | SILive.com

They were eighth-grade sweethearts who grew up and met in New Brighton.

They were married for 64 wonderful years, true soulmates who knew each other for what felt like forever.

Apparently, Bob and Kay Godwin could not imagine life without the other, Bob dying just three days after his bride.

So I opened up the page for obituaries the morning before this morning and felt such joy and sorrow all at the same time. You know how that is when there are conflicting emotions within about something, well that's what happened.

It turns out that one family is in double mourning as they have lost both a sister and a mother at nearly the same time. A mother and a grandmother within hours of each other.

Staten Island mother, daughter -- bound by friendship -- die hours apart | SILive.com

"- They were as close as a mother and daughter could be. Related by blood but bound by friendship, parent and adult child spent hours at each other’s side, exploring sales at shopping plazas and joining for weekly lunches.

They shared family celebrations, a love for the Mets, even a first name. And on Saturday, Alice V. Mastroberti and her daughter, Alice P. Nasta-Gitter, died within hours of each other.

When Mrs. Nasta-Gitter, 59, was diagnosed with cancer in 2007, her elderly mother was already a resident of Eger Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, Egbertville. Despite her own discomfort, she visited her mother every day.

Mrs. Nasta-Gitter died in Richmond University Medical Center, West Brighton. Her mother died later that day at the nursing home; she was unaware of her daughter’s death."

......... and, of course, everyone remembers where they were when Aldous Huxley died.
Who? :P
Author of Brave New World, Crome Yellow, After Many A Summer etc. Rather well known in an Anglo-Californian sort of way.

You'll be delighted to learn that I read some of his books.

My point was rather that I was an infant when he died. That, and a joke. Oh well.

regards,

Hein

Six and a half years later, I will explain Pooka's joke to Magere. :P The passing of Huxley (and that of another famous early British fantasy/SF writer, C. S. Lewis), which would normally have been big news, was completely overshadowed by the fact that JFK was assassinated that same weekend.

PS - it was also the weekend that Dr Who debuted on television, so quite a momentous time for SF afficionados.

• Like 2

This obituary has been removed from the Reno Gazette-Journal and republished by Gawker.

Marianne Theresa Johnson-Reddick born Jan 4, 1935 and died alone on Aug. 30, 2013. She is survived by her 6 of 8 children whom she spent her lifetime torturing in every way possible. While she neglected and abused her small children, she refused to allow anyone else to care or show compassion towards them. When they became adults she stalked and tortured anyone they dared to love. Everyone she met, adult or child was tortured by her cruelty and exposure to violence, criminal activity, vulgarity, and hatred of the gentle or kind human spirit.

On behalf of her children whom she so abrasively exposed to her evil and violent life, we celebrate her passing from this earth and hope she lives in the after-life reliving each gesture of violence, cruelty, and shame that she delivered on her children. Her surviving children will now live the rest of their lives with the peace of knowing their nightmare finally has some form of closure.

Most of us have found peace in helping those who have been exposed to child abuse and hope this message of her final passing can revive our message that abusing children is unforgiveable, shameless, and should not be tolerated in a "humane society". Our greatest wish now, is to stimulate a national movement that mandates a purposeful and dedicated war against child abuse in the United States of America.

Despite the late Ms Johnson-Reddick's alleged personal shortcomings, I can't help thinking that her children - if they are responsible for this submission - may have inherited some of her vindictive nature.

Edited by DevonDeathTrip
Sorry, I think this may be the wrong thread.
  • Like 1

Funeral home in Jacksonville, Arkansas in trouble with the authorities after they ran out of room in the freezer and just started stacking corpses any old place apparently...

Blood and other "bodily fluids" all over the walls/floor.

Local vet gets trampled to death by a herd of cows while walking her dog...

All Creatures Maim and Kill

I used to do land surveying years ago and I worked with a guy who was deathly afraid of cows. Yup, cows. If we had to cross a pasture to find a property corner, he was all tense. I'm like cows just stand there this isn't a bullring.

Anyway, cut away about 5 years later, I've long since moved on to other work, and hear through the grapevine this guy had died -- his car struck a cow that had wandered on some lonely road late at night.

Sir C.

• Like 1

Catholic priest dies, comes back to life, claims God is a woman:

http://netloid.com/news/catholic-priest-dies-for-48-minutes-comes-back-to-life-and-claims-god-is-female

How the fuck is Bostons archbishop in any position to know gods gender?

God being female would explain why theres so many fucking rules in the bible!

Another person what died and comes back to life, just as organ harvesters move in...

SC

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20150502/news/150509959?p=3&tc=pg

This happened with my great-grandmother (Nannie) when she was 101. My Nana got the call that Nannie passed. Nana, my brother and I made the drive to her care home. We got to Nannie's room and there she was, not only alive, fully dressed and sipping a suppliment drink. She was quite thrilled that we came for a visit. What happened was that while she was resting her heart rate go so slow that the careworker looking after her couldn't find a pulse. She called Nana before getting the death verified by an RN. The care facility was eventually shut down for various reasons and Nannie lived on for another five years at a much better care facility. She outlived two husbands and four children and even a few grand-children while living in three centuries (1896-2002). :)

• Like 8