45. Vera Caslavska 115
  46. John Noakes 113
  47. Prunella Scales 113
  48. Bob Dole 113
  49. Fernando Ricksen 111
  50. Nobby Stiles 109

Thanks for voting everyone - good luck!

• Like 5

Did a brief check, and think that puts Crowdsourced at 29 names in common w/ the main DL, including 16 of the names in the Crowdsourced's top 20

I bet I was the only person to have Chasey Lain and Bushwhacker Butch on my crowdsource list

Did a brief check, and think that puts Crowdsourced at 29 names in common w/ the main DL, including 16 of the names in the Crowdsourced's top 20

Something I was curious about - there is a reason why Zsa Zsa and friends appear in the Drop Forty and Deathlist every year.

I bet I was the only person to have Chasey Lain and Bushwhacker Butch on my crowdsource list

Without checking my notes, I believe you were.

Who was the most bizzarre pick?

Of the 50, or entirely?

Of the 50, I am at a loss to describe Sinead O'Connor's popularity. Suicide is too risky to take a punt on (see the continued breathing of so many in that category) and if we were going unstable Irish, I would assume Shane McGowan was right there.

Entirely, it would be hard to beat the inclusions of Mick McManus and Gabriel Garcia Marquez. They didn't qualify, both because not enough people voted for them, and due to the unfortunate ability of having died a few years ago.

• Like 2

Of the 50, or entirely?

Of the 50, I am at a loss to describe Sinead O'Connor's popularity. Suicide is too risky to take a punt on (see the continued breathing of so many in that category) and if we were going unstable Irish, I would assume Shane McGowan was right there.

Entirely, it would be hard to beat the inclusions of Mick McManus and Gabriel Garcia Marquez. They didn't qualify, both because not enough people voted for them, and due to the unfortunate ability of having died a few years ago.

I meant entirely, living.

Of the 50, or entirely?

That's what happens when you blindly write down people from the "People with Alzheimer's" category on Wikipedia to pad out your list...

Gina Lollobrigida was very popular, finished about 20 points off qualify. She also changed gender midway, as the first two teams to suggest had her as Gino in a spelling error. Lys Assia got over 100 points, and apparently won Eurovision in the 1950s.

I had heard of neither.

For off the wall, I did like that someone plumped for double digit points on Dave "Fit" Finlay.

Of the 50, or entirely?

That's what happens when you blindly write down people from the "People with Alzheimer's" category on Wikipedia to pad out your list...

I wasn't going to name you!

It can happen to the best of us.

Voting has now closed, and the votes have been tallied up.

I can confirm the following people just missed out: Lupita Tovar, Ayatollah Khamenei, Lys Assia, Peter Vaughan, Paul Gascoigne, June Brown, William Russell, Jimmy Greaves, Peter Maxwell-Davies, Caroline Aherne, Ian St John.

There was nearly 400 picks in all, but those were the ones that came within 10 points of a spot at the end.

Are there two Ian St John's then as he appears to be at number 40 in the list. I'm not being sarcastic as I don't know anything about sports or sports commentators. It was only last year I realised that Jimmy Hill and Jimmy Greaves were different people.

For those wondering I've used my crowd source list as my alternative 50 with the exception of Louise Plowright who I replaced with Peter Sarstedt so you can see for yourself how bizzre or otherwise my picks were.

Voting has now closed, and the votes have been tallied up.

I can confirm the following people just missed out: Lupita Tovar, Ayatollah Khamenei, Lys Assia, Peter Vaughan, Paul Gascoigne, June Brown, William Russell, Jimmy Greaves, Peter Maxwell-Davies, Caroline Aherne, Ian St John.

There was nearly 400 picks in all, but those were the ones that came within 10 points of a spot at the end.

Are there two Ian St John's then as he appears to be at number 40 in the list. I'm not being sarcastic as I don't know anything about sports or sports commentators. It was only last year I realised that Jimmy Hill and Jimmy Greaves were different people.

For those wondering I've used my crowd source list as my alternative 50 with the exception of Louise Plowright who I replaced with Peter Sarstedt so you can see for yourself how bizzre or otherwise my picks were.

I thought I'd made a terrible error there, but not to worry, a quick glance over the list suggests I forgot to take out the former listing for some folk after I had tallied up the last voter's votes.

So yes, the "just missed out" Ian St John is an imposter, as the last 27 points got him on the list itself. I'll edit the "near misses" post.

Here is the top 50 in one place for folk to keep tabs on:

1. Zsa Zsa Gabor 613
  2. Billy Graham 598
  3. Martin Crowe 591
  4. Clive James 436
  5. Prince Philip 415
  6. Olivia de Havilland 407
  7. Joao Havelange 388
  8. Jimmy Carter 385
  9. Kirk Douglas 378
  10. Bhumibol 373
  11. Nancy Reagan 372
  12. Muhammad Ali 367
  13. Helmut Kohl 355,
  14. Peter Sallis 324
  15. Howard Marks 321
  16. George Bush Sr 319,
  17. Tony Booth 314
  18. Fidel Castro 311
  19. Vera Lynn 303
  20. Rob Ford 301
  21. Herman Wouk 256
  22. Denis Norden 226
  23. Valerie Harper 217
  24. Leslie Philip 215
  25. Joost van der Westhuizen 209
  26. Stephen Hawking 195
  27. Sumner Redstone 193
  28. Ian Brady 190
  29. Glen Campbell 183
  30. Mary Tyler Moore 175
  31. Robert Mugabe 173
  32. Liliane Bettencourt 165
  33. Gorbachev 158
  34. Johan Cruyff 152
  35. Jenny Diski 140
  36. Joey Feek 136
  37. Desmond Tutu 135
  38. Sinead O’Connor 129
  39. Pope Benedict XVI 126
  40. Ian St John 125
  41. Liz Dawn 123
  42. Bruce Forsyth 120
  43. Jake Lamotta 118
  44. Cliff Michelmore 117
  45. Vera Caslavska 115
  46. John Noakes 113
  47. Prunella Scales 113
  48. Bob Dole 113
  49. Fernando Ricksen 111
  50. Nobby Stiles 109

Thanks for voting everyone - good luck!

It's early days but so far I make it Actual Deathlist 2 Forum's Deathlist 0.

Zsa Zsa, 613 and still going.....

Oh, wait, maybe I'm reading this wrongly these ages can't be right. :P

• Like 1

Zsa Zsa, 613 and still going.....

Oh, wait, maybe I'm reading this wrongly these ages can't be right. :P

Billy Graham 598 <== That one could

• Like 2

CROWE'KD

1/50

martin_crowe_51a85e4d8f.JPG

2nd March 2016.

Cricketing great Martin Crowe has declared out for 53 after a long battle with cancer, to give The Crowdsourced Deathlist its first success of the year. Crowe was named Player of the Tournament at the 1992 Cricket World Cup, and was a contendor for Player of the Deathlist, with a creditable 3rd place on merit. After some glaring misses in the early months of the year, The Crowdsourced Deathlist is finally on track. There is no doubt the quality of its team will shine through before long, and it will start bowling out the opposition.

Forum 2 - Real Deathlist - 3

We're still losing.

We're still losing.

By having Feek's name on this list, we've already lost.

• Like 5

We're still losing.

By having Feek's name on this list, we've already lost.

Why? She's a celebrity.

FEEK OUT!*

2/50

98530886_joey-feek-zoom-c195e8aa-fd6d-47

4th March 2016

Country singer Joey Feek has died after a short cancer battle, producing the second success of the year for The Crowdsourced Deathlist. Alongside her husband Rory, Joey had released a number of songs in the past few years, including "When I'm Gone" and "To Say Goodbye". With those levels of predeterminism, she'd have been a cheat player at deadpools. Their most recent album was top of the charts in the US country charts (and the Christian charts!) and was Grammy nominated. In recent weeks, the family has been keen to tell us that Feek was in talks with Jesus. It now appears that Jesus has decided to take those meetings back to his place. Feek was forty, and appeared in 36th place on the list.

*In loving tribute to both Chic and one of our forum members

Crowdsourced: Crowe, Feek, Reagan

Commitee: Reagan, Crowe, Boutrus Boutrus Ghali, Abe Vigoda

Crowe on March 2, Feek on March 4 and now Reagan on March 6. We will be finished by June 8.

• Like 1

NANCY AIDS THE CROWDSOURCED DEATHLIST

3/50

MTE4MDAzNDEwNjY2MzU4Mjg2.jpg

6th March 2016

Former American First Lady Nancy Reagan has just said no to another year on The Crowdsourced Deathlist, by becoming it's third success in a week. A former actress, Nancy married then actor Ronald Reagan in 1952, and was at his side as he became Governor of California and later President. During her time as First Lady, she launched the famous anti-drugs campaign with help of the Grange Hill kids, and campaigned for stem cell research. Reagan was 94 and was in a respectable 11th place in the inaugural Crowdsourced Deathlist. After a quiet start, there are signs the 2016 list is revving into gear.