themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2016

I'm not sure If I'm misunderstanding how this works as it's my first year but I can't find myself anywhere on that scoreboard despite having two hits Nancy Reagan and Tony Warren??

What's your team name?

Just Gooseberry Crumble and I entered on here unless here isn't connected to there and I'm confused on this??

Sorry I'm not criticising, This is my first year -I entered on this thread with a list. It was accepted and as far as I was aware that's all I had to do?

Did you send an email or a PM?

No I don't think so? I think I just posted it on here and it was okayed -unless I'm getting mixed up with another deathpool?

It's beginning to look like I've messed up!

I will recheck on this thread.

Sorry for the hassle -If I'm out or rather not in its clearly my own fault.

No I don't think so? I think I just posted it on here and it was okayed -unless I'm getting mixed up with another deathpool?

It's beginning to look like I've messed up!

I will recheck on this thread.

Sorry for the hassle -If I'm out or rather not in its clearly my own fault.

Quote me the post where you put it up and where it was OK'd and I'll see what I can do. I must say the team name doesn't ring a bell but with the onslaught of teams in the those final days of last year, It wouldn't be a surprise if I did miss that one out as it is not the usual way things are done...

Guest heretohelp

Here's the 20 choices of Gooseberry Crumble and my reserves

1)Nancy Sinatra Senior (Franks first wife)

2)Nancy Reagan

3)Connie Francis

4)Dyan Cannon

5)Wilbur Smith

6)Dries Van Agt (Former Dutch PM)

7)Barry Humphries (Dame Edna Everage)

8)Roger Moore

9)Gene Hackman (JOKER)

10)Empress Michiko -Empress consort of Japan

11)Geoffrey Hinsliff (British actor -Don Brennan in Coronation Street)

12)Barbara Knox

13)Tony Warren (creator of Corrie)

14)Bruce Jones (ex Coronation Street actor)

15)Peter Dean (played Pete Beale in EastEnders 1985-1993)

16)Ivor Danvers (British actor -Howards Way)

17)Peter Stringfellow

18) Julie Goodyear

19) Aline Chretien (wife of former liberal Canadian PM Jean Chretien)

20) Pat Boone

My reserves

Grace Mugabe

Arthur Scargill

George Michael

Thanks ☺

Here's the 20 choices of Gooseberry Crumble and my reserves

1)Nancy Sinatra Senior (Franks first wife)

2)Nancy Reagan

3)Connie Francis

4)Dyan Cannon

5)Wilbur Smith

6)Dries Van Agt (Former Dutch PM)

7)Barry Humphries (Dame Edna Everage)

8)Roger Moore

9)Gene Hackman (JOKER)

10)Empress Michiko -Empress consort of Japan

11)Geoffrey Hinsliff (British actor -Don Brennan in Coronation Street)

12)Barbara Knox

13)Tony Warren (creator of Corrie)

14)Bruce Jones (ex Coronation Street actor)

15)Peter Dean (played Pete Beale in EastEnders 1985-1993)

16)Ivor Danvers (British actor -Howards Way)

17)Peter Stringfellow

18) Julie Goodyear

19) Aline Chretien (wife of former liberal Canadian PM Jean Chretien)

20) Pat Boone

My reserves

Grace Mugabe

Arthur Scargill

George Michael

Thanks ☺

Here's were I posted OP -but again I accept the error may be mine? I won't take against you or kick up a fuss If I don't qualify.

Thank you for your patience.

I think the issue may lie in that you didn't specify you were entering it via the forum, so tmib would have presumed you would email it a later date?

• Like 1

I think the issue may lie in that you didn't specify you were entering it via the forum, so tmib would have presumed you would email it a later date?

Yes I think your right and it looks like I've cocked up!

Obviously that makes me entering "now" a bit tricky.

Oh well whatever will be will be -lesson learnt and all that.

Many Thanks ☺

I'm still on zero for three teams and still not last on my own! Darn!

Anyway, Round Up #8

Ross Hannaford: http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2389&p=257575

Awaiting Obit.

Mail obit, as mentioned in the other thread

I can't believe he got one.

I guess one could say that he had about as much fame as Michel Delpech, but that Australia is simply more obitworthy for the english press. I was counting on a Guardian obit though, but I take what I can get.

Guardian obit here now:

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/australia-culture-blog/2016/mar/09/daddy-cool-guitarist-ross-hannaford-dies-aged-65

But it would not have qualified!

I'll have to bask in the glory of 'once being in 3rd place in March in a DDP' lol looks like the Spring swoon has begun. Can I hold on to a top 50?

Quick note: I still see two top 20 teams with Craig Strickland listed. Is that for posterity? I can't tell if points have been awarded or not, though I'm guessing the latter.

Also wanted to give kudos for the updated bios on my theme teams. Didn't know you'd use my bios, will have to make em top notch next time!

Given precedent, you should be safe for top 50. If some of the really old guys start cancelling their appointments, even more so.

As for Strickland, I believe I've found a DDP precedent. In December 2012, horse racer Owen Brennan disappeared. On the 10th January, after three weeks missing, he was found in the River Derwent. He was counted by TMIB as a 2013 death, even though time of death was never properly established, and Occam's Razor suggests there was a fairly obvious reason a near eighty year old with dementia couldn't be found before Christmas. Given we'll never be official on Strickland's date of death (though we all have suspicions), I'd assume under the Brennan principle, the points stay unless proven 100% wrong.

That's all fine and good, but then my fahkin question re: Strickland I asked a couple days prior to 2016 needed to be addressed. Are you telling me nearly EVERYONE wouldn't have had him? Of course not. Nearly everyone presumed he was dead already. I've pointed out the absurdity of suggesting he lived for 3 days while his buddy was dead, in a blinding storm that obviously killed them. His WIFE said he had been dead for days, and I thought others posted here that a medical examiner determined the same. Regardless, allowing those points -- after refusing to answer my direct question about Strickland beforehand -- takes all the integrity of the 2016 DDP season away imo.

SC

Not sure why Tony Beard is listed in List of the Lost. This obit was published Jan 31, and perfectly acceptable.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-devon-35455046

No it isn't because it's a local page within the BBC News website.

Not sure why Tony Beard is listed in List of the Lost. This obit was published Jan 31, and perfectly acceptable.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-devon-35455046

No it isn't because it's a local page within the BBC News website.

Sounds good to me, I'll let the powers that be sort that out. I'll just keep an eye out for the Lost.

SC

Best take Mishaal vin Abulaziz Al Saud off the List of the Missed. Just one site mentions his death. All the other articles were removed. And a subsequent published news source mentions him leaving the palace and going on a trip, so I'm going to say his death was falsely reported.

• Like 1

Best take Mishaal vin Abulaziz Al Saud off the List of the Missed. Just one site mentions his death. All the other articles were removed. And a subsequent published news source mentions him leaving the palace and going on a trip, so I'm going to say his death was falsely reported.

Intriguing, I can't find a news story mentioning him going on a trip. I can find one referring to Mishaal bin Saud (b. 1940) and Mishaal bin Abdullah bin Abdullaziz bin Musa'ed (wiki gives no date of birth but it is someone other than the one mentioned above). http://english.aawsat.com/2016/03/article55348335/hrh-king-salman-arrives-to-hafr-al-batin

Would they take a 90/91 year old on a trip? The original story is still up, but if there's another source, I'd like to see it.

Living End hits 80 and it's not even Easter...

At this point in 2013, he had around 75 points.

Mind you, at this point in 2013, you were, what? 30-40 points behind the leaders?

Living End hits 80 and it's not even Easter...

At this point in 2013, he had around 75 points.

Mind you, at this point in 2013, you were, what? 30-40 points behind the leaders?

I was absolutely dead in the water this time in 2013, it wasn't until Andrew Millwall and Giulio Andreotti both died on the same day that I thought I could save myself from utter disgrace (May 6), and not until Bruno Metsu carked it (October 14) that I even started to think I had a chance of winning

This year, the quality of the teams is so good that it will not be decided by the number of hits, but by their quality. I mean, I could see Captain Chorizo and Devon Death Trip both getting 20 hits. The unlucky 13 hit might play a role.

Latest update...

• Like 4