Paul Bearer

Donald J Trump

4 minutes ago, arrowsmith said:

This is a false equivalency. Violence is, of course, terrible. Shooting a presidential candidate is an assault on the nation. It is an attempt to usurp our right to choose our leaders. 

I despise Trump and all he stands for, but this is not merely an assault on him. As a citizen of this country, I am injured by both the attempt to alter the election but also the contribution to general political upheaval.

Regardless of whether he is a demagogue and has endorsed violence himself, it is truly disturbing and disgraceful to suggest that this is a missed opportunity

I certainly didn't suggest that it was a missed opportunity. 

RFK; George Wallace etc etc. 

I don't think it is a false equivalency either. What happened to all men are created equal, blah de blah de blah.

But I'm not American, so I cannot and will not judge. Far as I can see, little kids in school are more important that any politician - because they are your future. But I get your point.

15 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

"He deserves it" and "he brought it on himself" are the same. Cause basically, you’re saying that it’s ok to shot at a politician if you find his rethoric too harsh or controversial.

The Liberal left and fascists tend to favor non violence because opposing the system nonviolently benefits them. Right now we are living a late stage capitalist society where more and more people are marginalised particularly young people. It's harder for young adults to make a living than ever before. Trump and Biden are two sides of the same capitalist coin. Trumps 2025 agenda and the fact that the supreme Court ruled to grant presidential immunity is alarming. For legal reasons, I can't say I support or condone what's happened but I'll leave you with food for thought. Those that make a peacefully revolution impossible make a violent one inevitable. The world is burning under capitalism my friend. More and people are fucking fed up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Windsor said:

They aren’t the same though. 

I’m saying I’m not surprised he was shot at…because his actions and words over the last decade have led to this…

I can’t decide if you are a Karen, or simply retarded. 

Maybe the problem is that you aren’t surprised…

And the fact that you called me retarded because I disagree with you…

4 minutes ago, openviews said:

TMZ saying Trump not hit by a bullet but by glass from his teleprompter after it was shot.

2 minutes ago, En Passant said:

That might have been fatal for Biden, I doubt it'll stop Trump.

And this is why I love this site - there is humour in every situation and someone who posts on here will find it - bravo EP 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I certainly didn't suggest that it was a missed opportunity. 

RFK; George Wallace etc etc. 

I don't think it is a false equivalency either. What happened to all men are created equal, blah de blah de blah.

But I'm not American, so I cannot and will not judge. Far as I can see, little kids in school are more important that any politician - because they are your future. But I get your point.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to imply that you had. I used my response to you to respond to those who are saying disgusting things. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, En Passant said:

And Colombine, Sandy Hook, Las Vegas (and many many more) are not an assault on the nation?

I do not think Trump deserves to be shot. I don't think anyone deserves to be shot. 

The political class however is the only one that can change that.

You can also facepalm my comment that deserve and 'bring it on himself' are not the same all you like. The are not the same.

But I note you don't do the same to @Grim Up North, who clarifies that. Did he change your mind?

I didn’t say that. I am merely saying that political violence of this type is a different sort of crime and suggesting in any way that other acts of violence somehow justify this or minimize it is absolutely idiotic. 

This thread is updating quickly. I missed the other comment you referenced. My facepalm reaction which bothered you so much was a reaction to the implicit minimization of this. 

6 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

The Liberal left and fascists tend to favor non violence because opposing the system nonviolently benefits them. Right now we are living a late stage capitalist society where more and more people are marginalised particularly young people. It's harder for young adults to make a living than ever before. Trump and Biden are two sides of the same capitalist coin. Trumps 2025 agenda and the fact that the supreme Court ruled to grant presidential immunity is alarming. For legal reasons, I can't say I support or condone what's happened but I'll leave you with food for thought. Those that make a peacefully revolution impossible make a violent one inevitable. The world is burning under capitalism my friend. More and people are fucking fed up.

Yes I think Trump (and equivalent populist movements in other countries) is the result of capitalism failing for a critical mass of the population, while at the same time the same population has been convinced (by capitalists) capitalism is not the reason for their hardship. What I think we're also seeing is the system going through what communism and the USSR went through in the 1980s: it can be argued that the Cold War featured two ideologies that were both extreme and destined to fail, it just so happened communism fell first. Now it's capitalism's turn to fall, but this will be even worse because so much of the world has come to depend on it. There's a reason why the saying "it's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism" exists.

Just now, arrowsmith said:

bothered you so much was a reaction to the implicit minimization of this.

Bothered? Not in the slightest, it'll take a great deal more than that for me to even raise a quizzical eyebrow. I'm merely mystified at your apparent inconsistency. I was positing a question, no more.

You are easily articulate enough to state your reaction and feelings and in other comments you have. I simply didn't (and still don't) get what your point was with one particular emoticon.

Just seen this again. If there were teleprompters and it appears there were, he was injured on the side facing away from them. So I cannot believe that was the result of his injury.

Can you imagine if this was a Kalashnikov or other mass killing gun? Think that indicates a definite targeted attack.

today was almost a good day. hope trump recovers from his booboo

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 5

Just now, En Passant said:

Bothered? Not in the slightest, it'll take a great deal more than that for me to even raise a quizzical eyebrow. I'm merely mystified at your apparent inconsistency. I was positing a question, no more.

You are easily articulate enough to state your reaction and feelings and in other comments you have. I simply didn't (and still don't) get what your point was with one particular emoticon.

Fair enough. I’ll cop to being upset, and if your point was merely that the political environment, which he has contributed to, has inevitably led to this and not that this is somehow a deserved outcome, then I apologize. 

1 minute ago, jimbean1121 said:

today was almost a good day. hope trump recovers from his booboo

You’re a creep and should be ashamed of yourself. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, arrowsmith said:

Fair enough. I’ll cop to being upset, and if your point was merely that the political environment, which he has contributed to, has inevitably led to this and not that this is somehow a deserved outcome, then I apologize. 

It wasn't actually my original point (I think it was @Windsor (though he then somewhat weakened it by calling others names) merely that I concurred they aren't the same thing, and that was expanded upon by @Grim Up North).

Nay worries, I'm not that easily offended. and thanks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arrowsmith said:

comedy is subjective, my friend. but i understand and value your opinion 

• Facepalm 1

It's going to get very nasty very quickly. Some of the recent comments regarding presidential immunity/political rivals may/will jump to the forefront again. 

18 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Thought he didn't use teleprompters?

What was he looking at the other week when he suddenly started looking all gone out and lost for words? 

Just now, jimbean1121 said:

comedy is subjective, my friend. but i understand and value your opinion 

Comedy may be subjective but there is no indication here that you’re trying to be funny. Make jokes - this is a deathlist site so I expect black humor. However, you seem to be disappointed by the result. If that’s true you should really rethink your values. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

Maybe the problem is that you aren’t surprised…

And the fact that you called me retarded because I disagree with you…

Nope. I called you retarded because you fail to grasp simple terms. 

I couldn’t give a month of Sunday shits if you support Trump or not.

What does bother me is that you have tried three times to suggest I said or suggested something I clearly didn’t. Thus, you are retarded.

5 minutes ago, En Passant said:

It wasn't actually my original point (I think it was @Windsor (though he then somewhat weakened it by calling others names)

Go fuck yourself. 

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, arrowsmith said:

Again. I don't understand why you are getting so offended on belief of someone that, for all intents and purposes, wants to install a fascist dictatorship. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, arrowsmith said:

Comedy may be subjective but there is no indication here that you’re trying to be funny. Make jokes - this is a deathlist site so I expect black humor. However, you seem to be disappointed by the result. If that’s true you should really rethink your values. 

i wish the guy well, im just trying to inject humor in what is a major historical event. i get the point though.

There's going to be a lot of federal agents with nervous dispositions and twitchy trigger fingers around.....

I'm half expecting most major US federal buildings to be on a high state of alert.

8 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

Again. I don't understand why you are getting so offended on belief of someone that, for all intents and purposes, wants to install a fascist dictatorship. 

I have read this several times and I honestly cannot suss out what you are trying to say. 

What I will say, that I think

may address what you so poorly articulated in your statement, is that this is a crime, an assault, not merely against Trump but against the United States, its citizens, political stability, and the rule of law. This is the United States, we have elections here, if you don’t like the candidates you don’t get to remove them simply because you feel they are bad. If you can’t understand this, I pity you. 

• Like 1