Paul Bearer

Donald J Trump

Shocking scenes. We're lucky in the UK with incidents like this rare ish (Jo Cox and Sir David Amess the ladt 2 and that's 2 too many). Clearly the shooter is dead - the photos are on X. 

Gun reform- not a chance. But this kid has handed the Presidency to Trump. 

1 hour ago, The Immortal said:

In all honesty it's a sad situation to see how political extremism on both parties has divided the U.S. I visit the U.S often and these days even so much as having a friend who supports the other political party is enough to get you shunned by even your family or spouse, at least that's what not too long ago happened to a friend of mine who's family berated her for having a friend who supports Republican.

Unfortunately this is also happening in France . Some people are threatening their family not to see them anymore if they vote Rassemblement National. Some guy even said to her mother that she won’t see her grandchildren if she vote RN !

• Facepalm 2

Amazing that the Republicans have finally found a victim of gun violence they really care about.

In all seriousness, sickening though Trump is, so is this incident. Anyone who doesn't see this as a wake-up call to de-escalate tensions and rhetoric and work towards a more civil politics is frankly dangerous. Not even going to get started on gun laws because it has been patently sodding obvious for a looooong time that the "right to bear arms" puts everyone in danger.

Sort it out.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MrWonderful said:

You have to wonder what the motivation was.  

In most cases the motivation is attention and fame. There will probably be no great ideological background to this crime. 

Assassinating a US President gets your name remembered…forever. 

The Dems’s focus for 2024 is trying tk win as many house and senate seats as possible and then try for the presidency in 2028 where Trumpism without Donald Trump will be on the ballot. 

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

The Dems’s focus for 2024 is trying tk win as many house and senate seats as possible and then try for the presidency in 2028 where Trumpism without Donald Trump will be on the ballot. 

That’s clearly a lie.

They need the presidency if only to prevent any more appointees to the Supreme Court, should vacancies occur.

The importance of this has been shown given their rulings on Presidential immunity which were absurd. 

• Like 2

I genuinely thought I was hallucinating last night after getting off a plane at 2am to see dozens of notifications on my phone that Trump had been shot, had to double check when I woke up half an hour ago.

It's sad that I'm more shocked it didn't happen sooner. That said, it really shouldn't have. 

The Simpsons was wrong?

IMG_20240714_154035_738.jpg

IMG_20240714_154039_229.jpg

11 hours ago, En Passant said:

I simply didn't (and still don't) get what your point was with one particular emoticon.

This is why @TQR has been asking for a 'dickhead' reaction.  The facepalm reaction is often taken to be aimed at the poster when it's actually meant to show agreement.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MrWonderful said:

CNN is reporting that the 20-year-old man, a registered Republican, had also donated money to a Democratic-aligned organization.  That's an interesting plot twist, potentially.

15 dollars, and more than half a year before joining the Republicans. It'll definitely be used against the Democrats, but I think it's likely that the man's political opinions changed during those months. He was 17 at the time. 

3 hours ago, Philheybrookbay1 said:

Shocking scenes. We're lucky in the UK with incidents like this rare ish (Jo Cox and Sir David Amess the ladt 2 and that's 2 too many). 

Quite rare in most of Europe. I wouldn't be suprised if it gets more common worldwide in the following years, months or even weeks. Copycat effect.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, arghton said:

Quite rare in most of Europe. I wouldn't be suprised if it gets more common worldwide in the following years, months or even weeks. Copycat effect.

Unfortunately these last years there were a lot of cases worldwide : Bolsonaro, Shinzo Abe, Robert Ficko, the 2 British

There were also Idriss Deby of Chad and Ali Saleh of who were killed during by rebels during civil wars.

Without passing judgement on the incident, a simple point of fact: this guy got within 100m of the President, had a clear line of sight and was unimpeded in the act - how the hell did he miss?! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Without passing judgement on the incident, a simple point of fact: this guy got within 100m of the President, had a clear line of sight and was unimpeded in the act - how the hell did he miss?! 

Especially as a registered Republican…

IMG_20240714_204151_962.jpg

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, arghton said:

15 dollars, and more than half a year before joining the Republicans. It'll definitely be used against the Democrats, but I think it's likely that the man's political opinions changed during those months. He was 17 at the time. 

Don't forget Farage was almost assassinated with a milkshake

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Did his security team shout "Donald....Duck!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

IMG_9769.thumb.jpeg.ee04fa13e6c17103a05fae86f316fa10.jpeg

• Like 1

IMG-20240714-WA0010~2.jpg

• Haha 4