Sign in to follow this  
gcreptile

Joey Feek

I made a little pact with myself as this whole bloody story broke late last year that when she died, I was going to go out and pick up their new CD, as I didn't mind at all the songs I had heard. For the time being I'm stuck in the Gulf of Mexico on a rig so can't do as I promised myself immediately, but will make good once I'm back on terra firma.

SC

• Like 2

I made a little pact with myself as this whole bloody story broke late last year that when she died, I was going to go out and pick up their new CD, as I didn't mind at all the songs I had heard. For the time being I'm stuck in the Gulf of Mexico on a rig so can't do as I promised myself immediately, but will make good once I'm back on terra firma.

SC

I too have considered buying their new CD.I do like their music despite not being your traditional country music fan..I reckon that had Joey not fallen ill when she did they could have made a really successful career together.Sadly there is little justice in the world.

I doubt their music wouldn't have been heard by as many people if Joey hadn't fallen ill. Having Rory keep us updated on a regular basis was a way of promoting their music to people who would go out and buy the album purely because she had cervical cancer and not long ago gave birth. I know it's cynical of me.

• Like 1

Terrble news. Not even in my team. This year DDp is like snakes and ladders. Crowe joker - ladders. Feek missed - snakes.

Nice chartrun on Billboard Top 200 : 4 - 8 - 10 - 6

Fourth straight week on the Top Christian album chart

Country album chart: 1 - 2 - 2 - ?

• Like 1

Behold the resurrection!

Death sells. Bowie got his first US no.1 album after croaking.

A strange phenomena.

Joey Feek -- who died on March 4 after a long battle with terminal cancer -- was honored at the Academy of Country Music Awards Sunday night in Las Vegas. During the beautiful tribute, which was presented by Darius Rucker and Martina McBride, a photo of Joey appeared on the screen, which immediately received a standing ovation from the star-studded audience.

SC

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/acm-awards-pay-tribute-joey-030800548.html

Joey Feek -- who died on March 4 after a long battle with terminal cancer -- was honored at the Academy of Country Music Awards Sunday night in Las Vegas. During the beautiful tribute, which was presented by Darius Rucker and Martina McBride, a photo of Joey appeared on the screen, which immediately received a standing ovation from the star-studded audience.

SC

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/acm-awards-pay-tribute-joey-030800548.html

Oh well, at least they won something at the big hat awards.

Joey Feeks husband is turning her battle with cancer into a documentary. The documentary, To Joey, With Love will be in theaters one night only on Sept. 20.

SC

http://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2016/06/16/joey-feek-honored-documentary-life/85985562/

Rory Feek, one half of the Grammy-winning country duo Joey + Rory, announced on Tuesday that he will perform publicly for the first time since his wife Joey died last year to raise funds for the Music Health Alliance, a nonprofit that helped his family with insurance and medical bills.

The Academy of Country Music-winning duo stopped performing when Joey’s cancer returned in 2015, although the couple recorded a gospel album in between her chemotherapy treatments. The album, “Hymns,” won best gospel roots album this year at the Grammys. Joey died on March 4, 2016, at the age of 40.
SC

So ok I’m drinkin my way to drunk, going thru Walmart for munchies and beer and walk past the music section and fucking Joey Feek CD staring at me.  I promised I’d buy the damn thing when she died so now I have.  Only drunk ass fuck who has a death pool interest in this recording so now I sit her drinkin and listening to my Joey CD.  

SC

A1DC7330-092E-4547-84E6-7E75B3B27B8A.jpeg

• Like 2

Hey, with their songs including When I'm Gone, If I Make it through December,  To Say Goodbye and I'm Gonna Be (on the DDP),it was as if she was trying to give us a clue.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/10/2017 at 02:43, msc said:

Hey, with their songs including When I'm Gone, If I Make it through December,  To Say Goodbye and I'm Gonna Be (on the DDP),it was as if she was trying to give us a clue.

LOL I thought that too..... actually this was a re-release of her very first recording in like 2005 that went absolutely nowhere and was recorded under her maiden name Joey Martin.  So maybe she knew all along!
SC