Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

George McGovern now 'unresponisve.' http://www.keloland....sive/?id=138613

Never can tell when someone goes into hospice care. I think the average time is about 2 weeks before someone goes in and then finally dies.

When my nan passed away, we didn't even get around to taking her to a hospice, her health declined so rapidly she died in hospital instead.

George Stanley McGovern 1922-2012 R.I.P http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-19967537

May a great man rest in peace

That's just a profile, nothing has been confirmed yet. Last I heard he was still on life support.

If he dies in the next week or 2 I will be on pace for 30 hits out of a possible 10 for my rotten dead pool team.

• Like 1

If he dies in the next week or 2 I will be on pace for 30 hits out of a possible 10 for my rotten dead pool team.

I'm not sure why they've got him on life support. I thought the whole idea of going into a hospice was to live out your final days in comfort, not to prolong them.

I'm not sure why they've got him on life support. I thought the whole idea of going into a hospice was to live out your final days in comfort, not to prolong them.

Maybe the Democrats are doing what I suggested the Republicans should do with Nancy Reagen, waiting for the opportune momnet to make most electoral capital out of the passing of a veteren party figure.

Maybe the Democrats are doing what I suggested the Republicans should do with Nancy Reagen, waiting for the opportune momnet to make most electoral capital out of the passing of a veteren party figure.

Nancy Reagan has always reminded me of a marionette

• Like 1

Guest Guest

George Stanley McGovern 1922-2012 R.I.P http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-19967537

May a great man rest in peace

That's just a profile, nothing has been confirmed yet. Last I heard he was still on life support.

I know.I was just preparing for the inevitable thats all

Nancy Reagan has always reminded me of a marionette

In which case somebody should cut the strings.

• Like 1

If Mcgovern dies he will be the third or forth of my 2013 list to die before 2013.

If Mcgovern dies he will be the third or forth of my 2013 list to die before 2013.

That always happens from October on. Look at last year with Philip Gould, Hitchens, Heesters, Socrates, Ken Russell and Joe Frazier all popping their clogs just too early.

That always happens from October on. Look at last year with Philip Gould, Hitchens, Heesters, Socrates, Ken Russell and Joe Frazier all popping their clogs just too early.

lol at this rate I will need a new list . Got a feeling 2 or 3 big names are still to go this year aswell.

Guest Guest

Thought he'd be gone by now.We're not in another Zsa Zsa Gabor type situation I hope.She was given the last rites 2 y ears ago!

Canadas first black MP and cabinet minister and former governor of Ontario Lincoln Alexander has died at 90 http://www.thestar.c...nder-dies-at-90

McGoverns still alibe though

I think they're either waiting for the presidential debates to be over and done with, or holding out until after the election.

I refer you to my post from 3 days ago...

He wasn't dead 3 days ago. All you did was post the fact that he was nearing the end

Former US presidential candidate George McGovern is "no longer responsive" in hospice care, his family has said.

The 90-year-old is "nearing the end", his daughter, Ann, told the Associated Press news agency.

Taken from the BBC site.

Guest Droosy

He wasn't dead 3 days ago. All you did was post the fact that he was nearing the end

You revel in your pedantry, I see!!

Former US presidential candidate George McGovern is "no longer responsive" in hospice care, his family has said.

The 90-year-old is "nearing the end", his daughter, Ann, told the Associated Press news agency.

Taken from the BBC site.

I think now that they were either waiting for today as less news tends to happen on a Sunday or waiting for the whole family to be at his bedside.

You can tell I'm a cynical git :)

Would-be PM Michael Gove seems to resembling another would-be PM from the past...

153796613.jpg

george-brown.jpg

George Brown!

If he ends up as a sozzled embarrassment, the we should consider ourselves lucky...

Would-be PM Michael Gove seems to resembling another would-be PM from the past...

153796613.jpg

george-brown.jpg

George Brown!

If he ends up as a sozzled embarrassment, the we should consider ourselves lucky...

And if he ends up as Prime Minister the queue to leave the country will be overwhelming