Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

The Chinese have got there own version of Wally

Who thinks he has been taken out back and shot?

I am currently in China and the hotel television keeps going blank when BBC World News get to this story.

Shhhh!

The Chinese have got there own version of Wally

Who thinks he has been taken out back and shot?

I am currently in China and the hotel television keeps going blank when BBC World News get to this story.

Shhhh!

I've no comment on that, but thanks for the link from which I have learnt that the BBC's Beijing correspondent rejoices in the utterly splendid name of

Damian Grammaticas

US ambassador 'killed in Libya'

Ambassador Christopher Stevens is said to be among four US officials killed in a protest over a US-produced film that is said to insult the Prophet Muhammad.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19570254

I see no reason that dementia should prevent him from standing trial, the cruelty and mass murder unleashed by this man and his associates should not go un-punished. As the very large majority of the victims of this regime had no idea why they were being tortured, murdered and worked to death, it would seem fitting that he should be punished with no comprehension as to why.

Best regards

Syd

I see no reason that dementia should prevent him from standing trial, the cruelty and mass murder unleashed by this man and his associates should not go un-punished. As the very large majority of the victims of this regime had no idea why they were being tortured, murdered and worked to death, it would seem fitting that he should be punished with no comprehension as to why.

Best regards

Syd

2cfrY.jpg

AHA! Pronoun trouble.

Best regards

Syd

But then the justice system would be lowering itself to their level

Best regards

Syd

2cfrY.jpg

AHA! Pronoun trouble.

I'm quite sure that this to you is jolly funny. . . But as I do not have the slightest clue what you are talking about (and quite frankly if it was explained to me I couldn't be bothered to listen) it comes across to me as being about as funny as a wet Thursday afternoon on Hayling Island and for the same reason fails to make me see your obvious superiority to my supposedly humbled self.

Best regrads

Syd

Best regards

Syd

Yes a valid point. . . Still I think a justice system that allows the guilty to get off without punishment just because they can use corruption and power to delay due process is a pretty low thing in its self. Sorry in my book there is a place for retribution and appropriate punishment in any society.

If you had ever stood in a small (2.5 acre) grave yard about 6 miles outside Phnom Penn you would know why I think this.

Best regards

Syd

Mr Saunders came to mind while I was having my rant as did m thatcher and a certain Mr blair, sorry I can not use capitals letters for the last two.

Best regards

Syd

Best regards

Syd

Yes a valid point. . . Still I think a justice system that allows the guilty to get off without punishment just because they can use corruption and power to delay due process is a pretty low thing in its self. Sorry in my book there is a place for retribution and appropriate punishment in any society.

If you had ever stood in a small (2.5 acre) grave yard about 6 miles outside Phnom Penn you would know why I think this.

Best regards

Syd

Maybe so, but the issue here is that the defendant is not judged mentally competent to stand trial, and no civilised court in the world can oppose this. You can't really justify trying a person who is unable to defend himself, without resorting to biblical eye-for-an-eye justice

Best regards

Syd

Best regards

Syd

Maybe so, but the issue here is that the defendant is not judged mentally competent to stand trial, and no civilised court in the world can oppose this. You can't really justify trying a person who is unable to defend himself, without resorting to biblical eye-for-an-eye justice

I agree with you but there does seem to be a large number of people who are suddenly too ill to stand trial and who then seem to carry on with their lives as soon as the threat goes away.

Best regards

Syd

2cfrY.jpg

AHA! Pronoun trouble.

I'm quite sure that this to you is jolly funny. . . But as I do not have the slightest clue what you are talking about (and quite frankly if it was explained to me I couldn't be bothered to listen) it comes across to me as being about as funny as a wet Thursday afternoon on Hayling Island and for the same reason fails to make me see your obvious superiority to my supposedly humbled self.

Best regrads

Syd

It's not a major mistake, I'm just pointing out you think Ieng Thirith is a man.

SHE is a woman, which you would've noticed if you read the link. No need to treat me like an ass for pointing out a mistake.

That august organ or unreproachable journalistic excellence The inquisitor suggests Ambassador Stevens (i.e. recently fried US representative to Libya) was raped before being burned.

From the scant news coverage I have seen of this. I thought he was killed in a rocket attack.

That's what I said. More accurately, he suffered a rocket attack just before he died!

That august organ or unreproachable journalistic excellence The inquisitor suggests Ambassador Stevens (i.e. recently fried US representative to Libya) was raped before being burned.

Hmmm, I'd imagine the natives take a rather dim view of homosexuality in that part of the world...

Bullshit. There are pictures of Stevens being carried to the hospital by Libyans and his pants are on and buckled. Unless the mob had the decency to put his pants back on after the deed, this is just neo-conservative scare tactics.

Bullshit. There are pictures of Stevens being carried to the hospital by Libyans and his pants are on and buckled. Unless the mob had the decency to put his pants back on after the deed, this is just neo-conservative scare tactics.

Do you reckon there might be the whiff of black ops about this, with 2 months until the Presidential election? Because I certainly do.

We still don't know who is behind this "film", do we?

There are currently three living British Politicians who have held the post Father of the House (the longest serving member in any parliament) They are

Sir Peter Tapsell (Con) (b.1930)

Alan Williams (Lab) (b.1930)

Tam Dalyell (Lab) (b.1932)

By the very nature of this post all holders must be regarded as having DL potential and are certain for an extensive obit. I think they would even make the 10 O' Clock news.

• Like 1