Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Delete

(Delete This)

Edited by Insane
Want to be deleted

On 02/08/2022 at 22:10, arghton said:

8. The Netherlands

Jan Reehorst (1923) House of Representatives member 1956-1957, former Mayor of Haarlem.

Harrij Notenboom (1926) Former House of Representatives member and former MEP.

Paul Joan George Kapteyn (1928) Judge/politician.

Joop Glimmerveen (1928-2022) Ancient neonazi.

Dutch politician Harrij Notenboom (Wikidead at 96

• Like 3

On 12/08/2023 at 18:32, gcreptile said:

Tough weekend for South Carolina. Especially if your surname is 5 letters long and starts with S and ends with T.

South Carolina State Sen. John Scott, a Democratic lawmaker who had been an elected leader for over 30-years, has died at the age of 69-years-old at the Medical University of South Carolinahospital.

Scott's cause of death currently remains unknown, though he had reportedly experienced some trouble with blood clot issues earlier this year. Scott was first elected to the state House in 1990, and continued to serve as a state representative until he won the 2008 state senate race

On 02/08/2022 at 21:10, arghton said:

*snip*

22. Norway

Olav L. Hannisdal (1920-2017 OTR) Local politician

Edel Hætta Eriksen (1921) Sami minority politician, member of the Sami council 1956-1963.

Reidar Tveit (1921) Former County Mayor of Sogn og Fjordane.

Bernt H. Lund CBE (1924) Labor party politician and former ambassador to Namibia.

Margit Hansen-Krone (1925) Conservative party (Høyre) politician since the 60s and former Member of Parliament.

Johannes H. Fosse (1926) ChrisDem politician and metalsmith.

Kenneth Skofteland (1928) Another Christian Dem local politician.

Rolf Køste (1929-2016 OTR) labour party politician

*snip*

Edel Hætta Eriksen (wikidead at 101.

• Like 4

Chris Axworthy, an English-born Canadian politician who served as an MLA in the Saskatchewan legislature before being elected federally as an MP, has died. He was 76. Provincially, Axworthy served as minister of justice and attorney general, minister of aboriginal affairs and minister of intergovernmental affairs.  

https://thestarphoenix.com/news/local-news/former-mp-mla-chris-axworthy-dies-after-battle-with-cancer

Times death notice for Bryan Cassidy (wiki), 89, British Conservative MEP (1984–1999).

Spoiler

CASSIDY Bryan Michael Deece on 8th August 2023, aged 89, died peacefully at home. Adored husband of Gillian for 62 years, proud father of Kate, Siobhan and Dominic. Former Member of the European Parliament for Dorset East and Hampshire West 1984-1994 and for Dorset and East Devon 1994-1999. A Requiem Mass and burial will be held at the Church of the Sacred Heart, Wadhurst, Sussex TN5 6DQ at 11am on Tuesday 22nd August followed by the reception. Family flowers only. Donations if desired to the Alzheimer’s Society. For further information contact ER Hickmott and Son 01892 522462.

• Like 2

On 10/07/2023 at 02:36, arghton said:

"Big Jiew" Chavalit Yongchaiyudh (former Thai Prime Minister, General/Admiral/Air Chief Marshal) again in hospital. There's an image and he seems to have been on IV meds but he's sitting down and doesn't look too bad. 

Despite his weeks spent on life support, Chavalit out and about, here's him receiving the highest Cambodian honour this month.

เผยภาพ "พล.อ.ชวลิต ยงใจยุทธ" รับมอบเครื่องราชฯสูงสุดจากรัฐบาลกัมพูชา

• Like 1

Cross posting here as I think it’s significant enough. Potential Second Lady in 1964. There are now no presidential tickets or spouses living from before 1976. 

This seems to have gone unnoticed on here. Stephanie Wagner Miller, widow of Congressman and Vice-Presidential candidate William Miller, died back in July, aged 100. Also the mother of her namesake: a daughter Stephanie who is a liberal radio host. 

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/washingtonpost/name/stephanie-miller-obituary?id=52559100

•  
  • Like 1

James L. Buckley (wiki), New York Senator (1971–1977) and federal judge, dead at 100.

A DDP pick for 2 teams.

The oldest living former U.S. Senator is now Daniel J. Evans, who turns 98 in October.
The oldest living former U.S. federal judge is now William H. Webster, who is 99.

Daniel J. Evans is now the last living former member of the U.S. Senate to have served in WWII.

• Like 17

28 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The oldest living former U.S. Senator is now Daniel J. Evans, who turns 98 in October.

Who is/was the longest lived US Senator ever ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

Who is/was the longest lived US Senator ever ?

1) Cornelius Cole 1822–1924 (102 years, 47 days)
2) Strom Thurmond 1902–2003 (100 years, 203 days)
3) James L. Buckley 1923–2023 (100 years, 162 days)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Senators Length of Service
1. ByrdRobert C. Byrd (D‑WV) 51_5_2651 years, 5 months, 26 days
2. InouyeDaniel K. Inouye (D‑HI) 49_11_1549 years, 11 months, 15 days
3. LeahyPatrick J. Leahy (D‑VT) 48.48 years

Once you are in and last a while, you gain power and are able to shovel funds to the home state helping you retain your seat. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

James L. Buckley (wiki), New York Senator (1971–1977) and federal judge, dead at 100.

Also of note: the last of the ten Buckley siblings; the most famous of which was William F. Buckley Jr. 

• Like 3

On 16/08/2023 at 23:09, max_bossetti said:

Senegalese opposition leader Ousmane Sonko hospitalised, he's been more than two weeks on hunger strike.

Ousmane Sonko in ICU and on life support according to his lawyers.

I think they are either exaggerating the situation or don't know what "life support" means.

• Like 1

Sometimes a bottle of beer is my life support.

48 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Sometimes a bottle of beer is my life support.

Yeah I believe you said that during the DDP website crash of January 2020! :D

• Haha 1

On 17/04/2023 at 06:48, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Don't know if this was already known but former Senate Minority Leader and Chair of NI Peace Talks George Mitchell being treated for leukemia according to line in this Article

Will obit in the UK, Ireland and US for certain

I know this is late but I have a story to tell (I just found this out today) my grandfather knew George Mitchell personally my grandfather was a Korean War Vet and was picked for a US Army team for baseball,basketball and football while in Japan 

My Grandfather,Mitchell and some other guy went in the woods one day and they had to go to the bathroom but it turns out they went to the bathroom over poison ivy 

• Like 1

Former Minnesota governor and representative Al Quie dead at 99.

Was both the oldest living US representative and state governor- respectively, he has been succeded by Frank Joseph Guarini and Jimmy Carter.

• Like 15

8 minutes ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Former Minnesota governor and representative Al Quie dead at 99.

For the Scots here.

Was it the drink that killed him?

• Like 3