Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

David Thompson, Prime Minister of Barbados, is feeling unwell. Reading between the lines of that article, I'm guessing he has been diagnosed with cancer.

David Thompson has indeed been diagnosed with cancer. Inoperable pancreatic cancer to be precise. :unsure:

• Like 1

David Thompson, Prime Minister of Barbados, is feeling unwell. Reading between the lines of that article, I'm guessing he has been diagnosed with cancer.
David Thompson has indeed been diagnosed with cancer. Inoperable pancreatic cancer to be precise. :unsure:

Good candidate then, if he makes it to 2011.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

Gennady Yanayev

"Gennady Yanayev, who briefly declared himself acting President of the Soviet Union during an unsuccessful 1991 coup attempt, has died in Moscow" aged 72.

Gustavo Sanchez. mayor of Tancitaro in Mexico, stoned to death after getting on the wrong side of the local drugs cartel.

Kicking off in Ecuador. El presidente currently gassed but garrulous, but it ain't over yet.

London resident General Musarraf is giving interviews about his intention to return to Pakistan and get involved in politics. He's survived four assassination attempts of varying levels of competence. If his political opponents don't mount another pop there's an outside chance that his wider views - like the one about rape victims being motivated by money - might generate a voilent opponent.

Is this Benazir Bhutto in a suit?

Our number two in Yeman has survived an attack on her car. As those terrorists love to point out, their targets need to get lucky every day, they only need to get lucky once.

Milka Planinc

The former Yugoslavian Premier has died aged 86. She was the first female premier of a communist country.

Guest P Hack
Tory MP David Ruffley apparently tries to kill himself because he didn't get a government job.

He survived because he threw himself to the right and the train kept rolling firmly down the centre.

Back to work. Such a sensitive issue hasn't stopped the Daily Telegraph indulging in a bit of punnery.

Over the summer his colleagues have rallied round....helping David get back on track

David Thompson has indeed been diagnosed with cancer. Inoperable pancreatic cancer to be precise. :)

Good candidate then, if he makes it to 2011.

regards,

Hein

He didn't.

Georges Frêche, former mayor of Montpelier has died aged 72.

I mention this merely because some of his statements make Prince Philip the epitome of diplomacy.

On the Algerians who fought with the French:

They massacred your people and you kissed their feet, You are sub-human, you have no honour.

On the election of Pope Benedict XIV:

I hope he'll be better than that other moron.

On former PM Laurent Fabius:

I wouldn't vote for him, He does not have a Catholic face
(Fabius is Jewish)

He also commissioned an eclectic set of statues honouring heroes of the 20th century, including Churchill, DeGaulle and Lenin.

Former Argentine PM Nestor Kirchner dies shortly after being admitted to hospital, aged 60.

Remarkably a miss. He was picked back in 2006 as part of a political theme team.

Actually, some the misses of this month are better than the hits: Dame Joan Sutherland, Tom Bosley, Graham Crowden...

The longest reigning monarch in the World, Sheikh Saqr bin Muhammad al-Qasimi, has died aged 92.

Sheikh Yerbouti

Breathless In Seattle, Puzlman's Passing Picks pick up the points...

The longest reigning monarch in the World, Sheikh Saqr bin Muhammad al-Qasimi, has died aged 92.

Sheikh Yerbouti

Breathless In Seattle, Puzlman's Passing Picks pick up the points...

I think I had him on the dustpool, and he was somewhere in my top 50 for next year.

He wasn't the longest reigning monarch, but the world's oldest reigning monarch.

Black Rod Sir Freddie Viggers has resigned due to ill health...

Correct me if I'm wrong; but didn't somebody else fill in for him at the last State Opening Of Parliament?

Jonathan Motzfeldt, the first (and third) Prime Minister of Greenland is død, according to the Danish speaking press.

Black Rod Sir Freddie Viggers has resigned due to ill health...

Correct me if I'm wrong; but didn't somebody else fill in for him at the last State Opening Of Parliament?

Yes...