ImNotHades

Next Music Shock Death!

Music, death, shock!  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Complete non-entities with a bit of a local following but little else. They had only released three songs in total - one track sometime last year, and two sides of a single a few weeks ago.

Like Elvis. Who said "great career move"?

Guest Droosy

Well, they regularly played at the Cavern Club in Liverpool, so any frequenter of this, in my opinion, overrated club should know them

Complete non-entities with a bit of a local following but little else. They had only released three songs in total - one track sometime last year, and two sides of a single a few weeks ago.

Like Elvis. Who said "great career move"?

Currently up to no. 6 in the iTunes chart. They never made it when alive.

• Like 1

Guest Guested

Most of those on the list may not be excpected/predicted but a pop or rock musician in their 60s/70s dying would not be shocking

Got to agree here - the poll question is worded in such a way that it implies it would be shocking. It would be better worded "which of these is going to be the next big music death"?

Also misses quite a few significant characters - Keith Richards, Roger Daltrey, Pete Townsend, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, Ray Davies, Brian Wilson, Eric Burdon, Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen, David Crosby, Roger Waters, David Gilmour, John Cale, Steve Winwood, Roger Chapman, Robert Wyatt, Donovan, Ringo Starr, Billy Joel ...

But I suppose none of them would be particularly shocking! Except maybe Steve Winwood on a good day.

You aren't wrong about Steve Winwood. My parents know him and he's supposedly very fit for his age. Probably not one to consider for a good while.

Well, they regularly played at the Cavern Club in Liverpool, so any frequenter of this, in my opinion, overrated club should know them

They've already eclipsed the Beatles since only 2 of them are dead!

Guest Droosy

Did any of them join the 27 club? The news says they were between 20 and 35 - a pretty large scope

Did any of them join the 27 club? The news says they were between 20 and 35 - a pretty large scope

Still trying to make it in a rock band at 35?! That is just sad.

Still trying to make it in a rock band at 35?! That is just sad.

It was the manager who was 35.

So was the driver pissed, high, or monumentally stupid, or could there be some other explanation?

Kate Bush would shock me both because I'm a fan and because she hasn't lived the typical rock star life. She was a smoker in the 80s, and she probably isn't getting enough exercise, but what else?

• Like 1

Before the recent concerts I would have been concerned about her weight gain but by all accounts the concerts were amazing and she looked very well on them.

She is a private person so I imagine she would do something like Bowie. Just tune in to the news one day and she is dead.

I do not want to imagine that day.

Kate Bush would shock me both because I'm a fan and because she hasn't lived the typical rock star life. She was a smoker in the 80s, and she probably isn't getting enough exercise, but what else?

I thought she quit smoking when she got pregnant in the 90s and went on a healthy living kick.

Before the recent concerts I would have been concerned about her weight gain but by all accounts the concerts were amazing and she looked very well on them.

She is a private person so I imagine she would do something like Bowie. Just tune in to the news one day and BABUSHKA.

Most of those on the list may not be excpected/predicted but a pop or rock musician in their 60s/70s dying would not be shocking

Got to agree here - the poll question is worded in such a way that it implies it would be shocking. It would be better worded "which of these is going to be the next big music death"?

Also misses quite a few significant characters - Keith Richards, Roger Daltrey, Pete Townsend, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, Ray Davies, Brian Wilson, Eric Burdon, Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen, David Crosby, Roger Waters, David Gilmour, John Cale, Steve Winwood, Roger Chapman, Robert Wyatt, Donovan, Ringo Starr, Billy Joel ...

But I suppose none of them would be particularly shocking! Except maybe Steve Winwood on a good day.

You aren't wrong about Steve Winwood. My parents know him and he's supposedly very fit for his age. Probably not one to consider for a good while.

But then, Edgar Froese was supposed to be healthy for his age - non-smoker, non-drinker, vegetarian...

Guest Droosy

Country music.........killed by Taylor Swift.......

That's not country music, that's what I would deem as "big hat" music.

Guest Guested

Kate Bush is one of these people you think is a lot older than she actually is. Not because she looks old but because she was so young when she came to prominence. She's only 57 now which is really not old even by the recent craze for stars to die aged 69-70. Fingers crossed she's around for at least two or three more decades as like the much missed David Bowie she's a true original. They are also both from Beckenham.

That's not country music, that's what I would deem as "big hat" music.

i really do NOT like that woman.....i don't like country music either but that's like i don't like carrots but still eat them...but with Swift is like eating glass

I thought she quit smoking when she got pregnant in the 90s and went on a healthy living kick.

Right, that's why I said she was a smoker in the 80s. I believe that would still increase her risk of developing some kind of cancer, but my overall point is that she hasn't lived a life of risky behavior like so many other musicians.

Went for Madge because of all her child custody problems at the moment

Completely unrealistic and unlikely, but *IF* it did happen it'll be right before she plays Australia for the first time in 26 years. :rant:

• Like 1

thought about her, would be a huge media reaction but she's an obvious choice for death, i tried to make a list with people who still look like they have at least 20 years left....but out of respect for Aretha, i'll add her too ;)

Shouldn't that have been "out of R.E.S.P.E.C.T. for Aretha"?

I'll get my coat...

• Like 5

Completely unrealistic and unlikely, but *IF* it did happen it'll be right before she plays Australia for the first time in 26 years. :rant:

Hahahahaha! That would be just typical. I can see my sister (who lives in Melbourne and has tickets) frothing at the mouth already. Mind you, I'm someone who sent my sister highlights of the MDNA Tour Hyde Park gig the day Madge decided she couldn't be arsed going to Australia and cancelled :evil2:

Guest I will soon join

Willie Nelson

It sounds like Tom Jones will be around for a long while yet. He is about to start an Aussie tour and

the crooner credits good health to the longevity of his voice, a quality he describes as his "God-given gift".

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-17/tom-jones-ahead-of-his-australian-tour/7174154

It sounds like Tom Jones will be around for a long while yet. He is about to start an Aussie tour and

the crooner credits good health to the longevity of his voice, a quality he describes as his "God-given gift".

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-17/tom-jones-ahead-of-his-australian-tour/7174154

I've got a feeling that Tom Jones will be a Gene Pitney / Davey Jones type death and die from a heart attack while on tour.