ImNotHades

Next Music Shock Death!

Music, death, shock!  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On the list : Prince. Someone will tread on him or pull his head out of his bony arse, hence deflating his ego..

Off the list : Surprised no-ones shot Justin Bieber yet. Easy enough target.

• Like 3

On the list : Prince. Someone will tread on him or pull his head out of his bony arse, hence deflating his ego..

And a rude noise.

And a rude noise.

Like most of his records.

I'd give the highest chance of a freak death (in more than one way) to Prince. It's about time for him to go so that even his later work receives some kind of critical (over-)appraisal, as it happened with Jackson and maaaybe Bowie (though some of the newer stuff is fantastic as well and the last album was a cultural milestone).

The easy guess not on the list is Chuck Berry, of course, so old, he already inspiured the Beatles, but it also wouldn't surpise anyone. It's more remarkable that he's still alive.

he's on the other list XD there's no chance i can forget about him

I believe Kate Bush will reach a fairly high age, 90+, and she'll be surrounded by death rumours for decades.

i was inspired to get her on XD i can easily take her out of the list, but you never know ;)

Off the list : Surprised no-ones shot Justin Bieber yet. Easy enough target.

i thought about it....but her recent CHANGE made her a good girl...i mean boy.....in people's eyes, he won't die for at least 10-15 years, it will be one of those media deaths: drugs, breakdown, no hits, no fans, no money.....i hate myself for comparing these 2 but something like whitney's or amy's death.....drowned in alcohol and drugs

besides....he would get all the votes

• Like 1

I went with Cyndi Lauper, cause you said shock death, & her death would be a shock, the rest on the list, not so much, per se.

I hope you're right, can't stand her. I went for Diana Ross for no particular reason but I was surprised not to see the lovely Bobbie Gentry on there.

I hope you're right, can't stand her. I went for Diana Ross for no particular reason but I was surprised not to see the lovely Bobbie Gentry on there.

my criteria was - global media cover, public memorials, a long Wikipedia page and a true shock news, like Bowie's death...i know now that these names are here it would not be a shock to us deathlisters, but it would be to other people

Is anyone watching this Guns N Roses documentary on BBC 4? Steven Adler - shocking.

Bugger it.. I'll suggest Aretha Franklin.. even though she's not on that list. *sucks teef*

thought about her, would be a huge media reaction but she's an obvious choice for death, i tried to make a list with people who still look like they have at least 20 years left....but out of respect for Aretha, i'll add her too ;)

• Like 1

<---- Meatloaf has not been 100% of late, so that's my punt.

she's there like fill in song on an album, not a shock for DDP and the most obvious choice....she's the last to be added, no more names

Steve Tyler

Steve Tyler

Ah yes the Aerosmith 'Joker'.

I still remember a 'joke' he was quoted saying from about 20 years ago..

"What's the difference between 'pink' and 'purple' ?

The grip."

Must've been a Roy 'Chubby' Brown fan.... :closedeyes:

• Like 2

Went for Meat Loaf, you don't see too many big fat bastards make it past 65...

Most of those on the list may not be excpected/predicted but a pop or rock musician in their 60s/70s dying would not be shocking

Got to agree here - the poll question is worded in such a way that it implies it would be shocking. It would be better worded "which of these is going to be the next big music death"?

Also misses quite a few significant characters - Keith Richards, Roger Daltrey, Pete Townsend, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, Ray Davies, Brian Wilson, Eric Burdon, Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen, David Crosby, Roger Waters, David Gilmour, John Cale, Steve Winwood, Roger Chapman, Robert Wyatt, Donovan, Ringo Starr, Billy Joel ...

But I suppose none of them would be particularly shocking! Except maybe Steve Winwood on a good day.

• Like 1

Cliff Richard could also be included on that list. Not saying he's about to pop his clogs, but it would certainly be a shocker if he died within the next year.

Dunno, being investigated on suspected paedo charges has gotta be pretty stressful and would take its toll on a man in his seventies

Cliff Richard could also be included on that list. Not saying he's about to pop his clogs, but it would certainly be a shocker if he died within the next year.

Dunno, being investigated on suspected paedo charges has gotta be pretty stressful and would take its toll on a man in his seventies

True.. but God loves him (apparently), so methinx Cliff'ard will be around well into the next decade. Just.

Most of those on the list may not be excpected/predicted but a pop or rock musician in their 60s/70s dying would not be shocking

Got to agree here - the poll question is worded in such a way that it implies it would be shocking. It would be better worded "which of these is going to be the next big music death"?

Also misses quite a few significant characters - Keith Richards, Roger Daltrey, Pete Townsend, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, Ray Davies, Brian Wilson, Eric Burdon, Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen, David Crosby, Roger Waters, David Gilmour, John Cale, Steve Winwood, Roger Chapman, Robert Wyatt, Donovan, Ringo Starr, Billy Joel ...

But I suppose none of them would be particularly shocking! Except maybe Steve Winwood on a good day.

Also Stevie Wonder.I have always thought he is too fat to reach a great age!

• Like 1

Also Stevie Wonder.I have always thought he is too fat to reach a great age!

Perhaps, but he won't see it coming.

• Like 3

I went for Benny (ABBA) as he looks in blooming good health and therefore the death would be a shock. Plus he's in the 69 Club currently and I feel a bit of a theme for this year.

• Like 1

Complete non-entities with a bit of a local following but little else. They had only released three songs in total - one track sometime last year, and two sides of a single a few weeks ago.

• Like 1