ImNotHades

Next Music Shock Death!

Music, death, shock!  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can see Cliff Richard dying soon . I'm sure the whole 'He died from the stress of the witch hunt' nonsense will be parrotted out to, making the general public feel bad for looking into and asking legitimate questions. I still think there is something rotten about Cliff that has been hidden especially with regards to Jill Dando. The whole Christian thing is to mock Christianity and provide a perfect cover in equal measures IMO.

I've heard several reports of Cliff's back-stage antics over the years. Nothing actually illegal, at least under today's laws, mind, but he's not as squeaky clean as he's made out to be.

I have zero respect for him. "Celibate", my arse. Er ....

I suspect he has been 'cellibate' into the odd one or three arses Toastie.

• Like 2

God I hope it is Gary Barlow, just watching his new bbc talent show, what a load of shit, what an ego that man has.

Tax dodging Barlow gets prime time show.

Tax dodging Dodd gets a knighthood.

Yeah, GB doing what it's always done.

• Like 3

Tax dodging Barlow gets prime time show.

Tax dodging Dodd gets a knighthood.

Yeah, GB doing what it's always done.

There's nothing wrong with a good mattress stuffing.

Thing that gets me most about Gary Barlow, is that is completely unknown outside of the uk despite having this huge ego. Had Gary Barlow died on xmas day, it would have not made the news outside of the UK, where was George M was a global superstar.

To put things into perspective, Take that, including gary and robbie solo careers amassed the grand total of 0 top 100 hits in America

The fine young cannibals, little known UK band in the 80s scored 2 number 1 hits in America

Thing that gets me most about Gary Barlow, is that is completely unknown outside of the uk despite having this huge ego. Had Gary Barlow died on xmas day, it would have not made the news outside of the UK, where was George M was a global superstar.

To put things into perspective, Take that, including gary and robbie solo careers amassed the grand total of 0 top 100 hits in America

The fine young cannibals, little known UK band in the 80s scored 2 number 1 hits in America

America is not the centre of the music universe.

Huge ego? Where? When?

He started right at the bottom, touring working mens clubs at the age of 14 doing gigs with just him and a keyboard.

He worked his way up, everything he has achieved has been down to hard graft and some luck in the right places.

He has never stated that he has the best vocals or the biggest talent but, as a song writer he is pretty fucking good.

As an old geezer Ive finally understood the brilliance of Take That, one of the best bands of an era.

Even the biggest musical snob would have to concede that.

• Like 4

Huge ego? Where? When?

He started right at the bottom, touring working mens clubs at the age of 14 doing gigs with just him and a keyboard.

He worked his way up, everything he has achieved has been down to hard graft and some luck in the right places.

He has never stated that he has the best vocals or the biggest talent but, as a song writer he is pretty fucking good.

As an old geezer Ive finally understood the brilliance of Take That, one of the best bands of an era.

Nah, but generally speaking, it marked an era where UK music went from being a global export, to being a insular and endemic music type. We are actually fast running out of music stars that are big outside of the UK. Take that had a team of songwriters which gary barlow contributed too and also much of their hits were covers.

Of course there is nothing wrong in that, if you enjoy music you enjoy it, each to their own, but when one man has an ego like he does, he can FFFF off.

Rod Stewart, Collins, Peter Gabriel, Clapton, Simon Le Bon, Sting, these are the real UK superstars worthy of honuors. Gary Barlow is just a jumped up manc who is well known in the uk and would be a pointless answer on a foreign game show.

Huge ego? Where? When?

Nah, but generally speaking, it marked an era where UK music went from being a global export, to being a insular and endemic music type. We are actually fast running out of music stars that are big outside of the UK. Take that had a team of songwriters which gary barlow contributed too and also much of their hits were covers.

Of course there is nothing wrong in that, if you enjoy music you enjoy it, each to their own, but when one man has an ego like he does, he can FFFF off.

Rod Stewart, Collins, Peter Gabriel, Clapton, Simon Le Bon, Sting, these are the real UK superstars worthy of honuors. Gary Barlow is just a jumped up manc who is well known in the uk and would be a pointless answer on a foreign game show.

Rod Stewart is a twat with more kids by more women than I've had cocks.

Phil Collin is a miserable cunt.

Ditto Eric Clapton.

All three completely over-rated.

Simon Le Bon cannot sing for shit.

Gary Barlow might be a boring fucker, but there's no way he has a massive ego, he's always acknowledged that Robbie was the popular one and as LFN said, he worked his nuts off from when he was a child to get where he is. I think he's ace. So he didn't pay his taxes? Neither do Amazon or Starbucks, do you boycott them? Do you fuck.

• Like 2

I've never been to Starbucks or bought anything from Amazon ever.

Use Google a lot though, he he.

I don't denigrate Barlow's talent. National treasure and all that. But that's the point surely? We can forgive him all his sins because of that...but look what happened to all the 1970s stars whose sins were overlooked or forgiven.

I'm not equating Barlow with that nonsense of course. But he shafts you all by not paying his dues, and he's loved for it? That I question.

I don't denigrate Barlow's talent. National treasure and all that. But that's the point surely? We can forgive him all his sins because of that...but look what happened to all the 1970s stars whose sins were overlooked or forgiven.

I'm not equating Barlow with that nonsense of course. But he shafts you all by not paying his dues, and he's loved for it? That I question.

I imagine that even with a bit of creative accounting, he has probably paid more in tax than you and I would earn in two lifetimes.

I imagine that even with a bit of creative accounting, he has probably paid more in tax than you and I would earn in two lifetimes.

Possibly, but proportionally to income, I'd say no. It's not Communist Russia quite yet.

Maybe some of our pensioners could listen to him on the radio in their cold houses while waiting on their 5 minute personal care detail....

We are all better off if we all play by the rules, all I'm saying. And the rules have been awful on tax for years and haven't come close to being fixed yet.

Gosh, I sound like quite a lefty!

• Like 2

Tina Turner has always sounded terrible to me.

Possibly, but proportionally to income, I'd say no. It's not Communist Russia quite yet.

Maybe some of our pensioners could listen to him on the radio in their cold houses while waiting on their 5 minute personal care detail....

We are all better off if we all play by the rules, all I'm saying. And the rules have been awful on tax for years and haven't come close to being fixed yet.

I think we will have to agree to disagree. Evidence from the Institute of Fiscal Studies suggests that most pensioners are better off now than they have been for years, so I don't subscribe to the 'they're all dying of hypothermia' line. But we have massively digressed from the size of Gary Barlow's ego.

Now, I'm off for a dump.

• Like 1

I think we will have to agree to disagree. Evidence from the Institute of Fiscal Studies suggests that most pensioners are better off now than they have been for years, so I don't subscribe to the 'they're all dying of hypothermia' line. But we have massively digressed from the size of Gary Barlow's ego.

Now, I'm off for a dump.

And your shit will be taken away from your house because of the taxes we all pay. If we acted like Barlow we'd be back to the cholera of 19th Century.

• Like 1

I've just watched the Bowie documentary on BBC 2 . The guy was a genius IMHO.

Starbucks and Amazon are different,

They are not celebs so cannot put a face to them. But Barlow is, and why does not every celebrity tax dodge? Why just a few? The answer is it takes a certain person to do it, most celebs are rich enough, to pay an accountant to take care of their money and put it in schemes to avoid tax, but not all do it.

Geroge M was a wonderful bloke that gave so much to charity, and he did not even boast about it, like oh give me and obe now, he did it out of the good of his heart.

Not like Gary Barlow, writing that awful song for the queen, Christ......

Lost your mojo now haven't you.

Probably mad at Mrs Mugabe for not putting Mario Soares on her deathrace team :lol:

• Like 2

If somebody told me that there was a way I could pay less tax, let alone no tax, id be in there like a Rat up a U bend.

Should I really begrudge somebody for doing what I would do and MILLIONS of other people?

We are a nation that has a dislike of other peoples wealth and success yet we still do the lottery and, if we win, we would not be making huge donations to charidee...

The Barlows and Jimmy Carrs may not be ethical in their tax payments but good luck to them.

I shall just arry on working my tits off and not feel bitter at all, its life.

• Like 1

If somebody told me that there was a way I could pay less tax, let alone no tax, id be in there like a Rat up a U bend.

Should I really begrudge somebody for doing what I would do and MILLIONS of other people?

We are a nation that has a dislike of other peoples wealth and success yet we still do the lottery and, if we win, we would not be making huge donations to charidee...

The Barlows and Jimmy Carrs may not be ethical in their tax payments but good luck to them.

Yes but why does not every celebrity do it??? Simple question answer it boy or shut up.

And therein lies the problem with today's polictics. We have no debate about what Government should provide on our collective behalfs. If we want roads, hospitals, schools, drains, border guards... we need taxes. They shouldn't be an evil they should be supporting the society we all crave.

And therein lies the problem with today's polictics. We have no debate about what Government should provide on our collective behalfs. If we want roads, hospitals, schools, drains, border guards... we need taxes. They shouldn't be an evil they should be supporting the society we all crave.

In an ideal world this makes sense until you see what taxes are actually being spent on and then suddenly your less inclined to pay them, especially as at the moment were still paying back the sky fairies to stay afloat so everything's being cut to the bone service wise.