Bibliogryphon

Who Do You Think Will Win The Democrat And Republican Nominations?

Who Do You Think Will Win The Democrat And Republican Nominations?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Important day today!

5 states vote on both sides:

Pennsylvania

Maryland

Connecticut

Rhode Island

Delaware

Trump is expected to win all 5.

Clinton is expected to win 3 or 4 (she's probably going to lose Rhode Island, and she might lose Connecticut).

BING BING BONG BONG!

The results are in.

Not completely but close enough!

PENNSYLVANIA

Trump 58%

Cruz 22%

Kasich 18%

MARYLAND

Trump 56%

Kasich 22%

Cruz 19%

CONNECTICUT

Trump 59%

Kasich 27%

Cruz 12%

RHODE ISLAND

Trump 65%

Kasich 24%

Cruz 10%

DELAWARE

Trump 61%

Kasich 20%

Cruz 16%

PENNSYLVANIA

Clinton 57%

Sanders 42%

MARYLAND

Clinton 64%

Sanders 32%

CONNECTICUT

Sanders 50%

Clinton 49%

RHODE ISLAND

Sanders 55%

Clinton 43%

DELAWARE

Clinton 60%

Sanders 39%

So what have we learned?

On the Republican side:

Trump won every state by at least 30%.

This adds a yuuuge amount of delegates to him.

Cruz came in last everywhere except Pennsylvania, so if he wants a contested convention (which he does) he needs to fight hard.

On the Democratic side:

First of all, Connecticut's Democratic race is the only one from both parties in which the winner is unknwon.

Sanders leads by 1% as of now, with not all areas reporting. So stay tuned for those results.

Rhode Island had both of them tied in the polls pretty much. But Sanders won by about 10%.

Other than possibly losing 2 states, Clinton had a great night.

She got way more than expected in Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Delaware.

• Like 1

Hillary's gotten Connecticut since. Huge night for both Trump and Clinton, Trump's wins never in doubt but exceeding the expected margins, whilst Clinton's performance here means pretty much a final nail in the coffin for Sanders's chances (though you could argue that it already happened previously) with his only win of Rhode Island being a meager delegate haul to begin with.

• Like 1

Trumpet sounds a little bit like Joan Rivers when he is in full flow.

Just my opinion, like.

• Like 2

Just my opinion, like.

That's an apt comparison. We are reaping the sowing of TV with "reality" shows and the general public's fondness for bad manners and trashy behavior. He reminds me of the president in the movie Idiotocracy. I'm sorry to say that this is where we seem to be headed.

• Like 1

Cruz is about to make a big announcement in Indianapolis.

I got my hopes up that he was going to drop out and unite the party behind Trump.

But Cruz's new GOP overlords, or Cruz's big ego, won't allow for that.

He's probably just going to announce that Carly Fiorina is his VP pick, breaking the tradition of not announcing your VP pick until you've secured the nomination.

I don't what he's trying to achieve by this. Carly Fiorina only had 10 supporters.

Im beginning to hate ( not that I really liked her before) Clinton.

Im sick to death of seeing her fake 'Oh look!!!! There is my spesh friend in the audience! as she goes to the podium looking all excited and waving wildly to this non existent friend in the crowd below.

Fucking hell Hillary, stop bullshitting, you don't have any friends.

• Like 1

Im sick to death of seeing her fake 'Oh look!!!! There is my spesh friend in the audience! as she goes to the podium looking all excited and waving wildly to this non existent friend in the crowd below.

She thinks Leicester are going to be premiership champions. :lol:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/5-unlikely-people-backed-Leicester-City-season/story-29158784-detail/story.html

• Like 1

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/5-unlikely-people-backed-Leicester-City-season/story-29158784-detail/story.html

Well that's it then, game over!!!! :D

• Like 1

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/5-unlikely-people-backed-Leicester-

Well that's it then, game over!!!! :D

Typical politician; jump on a bandwagon when it's arrived.

I got my hopes up that he was going to drop out and unite the party behind Trump.

He's probably just going to announce that Carly Fiorina is his VP pick, breaking the tradition of not announcing your VP pick until you've secured the nomination.

I don't what he's trying to achieve by this. Carly Fiorina only had 10 supporters.

Cruz knows he's fucked if he doesn't win in Indiana, so he has to take every desperate gamble he can (ie that whole non-aggression pact with Kasich, that already sputtered out once Kasich said people should still vote for him) in hopes of blunting Trump. If nothing else, this does draw the media attention to him for today the day after Trump's clean sweep.

I don't really anticipate her being much of a boon, tbh I forgot Fiorina existed. Should be a fun week at any rate.

Cruz knows he's fucked if he doesn't win in Indiana, so he has to take every desperate gamble he can (ie that whole non-aggression pact with Kasich, that already sputtered out once Kasich said people should still vote for him) in hopes of blunting Trump. If nothing else, this does draw the media attention to him for today the day after Trump's clean sweep.

I don't really anticipate her being much of a boon, tbh I forgot Fiorina existed. Should be a fun week at any rate.

Interesting maybe, but if you find it fun you should really get a hobby.

I'm with you Lordy about hating Hillary except I'm no beginner.

• Like 1

Do we have any ideas about who might actually be in the frame as running mates for the the two front runners.?

Could Hillary pick Bernie to unite the party?

Can anyone work constructively with Donald Trump or would he agree to an establishment imposed running mate as part of the negotiation for his candidacy?

I pass this over to those better informed than me.

Do we have any ideas about who might actually be in the frame as running mates for the the two front runners.?

Can anyone work constructively with Donald Trump or would he agree to an establishment imposed running mate as part of the negotiation for his candidacy?

Well, Trump might pick Chris Christie, who seems to be his biggest fan out of the people from the race. I don't think Ben Carson's lazy "endorsement" was good enough for Trump.

Other than that, it's a mystery, since most politicians despise him.

Hillary might want to choose Bernie to unite the party, but Bernie probably wouldn't accept. Both of them have considered Elizabeth Warren (an amazing lady who I'd definitely support if she ran for president). Hillary also considered "rising star" politician Julian Castro. This could help her with the Hispanic vote. Problem is she doesn't NEED any help - Hispanics will flock to her to stop Trump. She's also considering Tom Perez and a couple of female senators, also former Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano.

• Like 1

Well, Trump might pick Chris Christie, who seems to be his biggest fan out of the people from the race. I don't think Ben Carson's lazy "endorsement" was good enough for Trump.

Hillary might want to choose Bernie to unite the party, but Bernie probably wouldn't accept. Both of them have considered Elizabeth Warren (an amazing lady who I'd definitely support if she ran for president). Hillary also considered "rising star" politician Julian Castro. This could help her with the Hispanic vote. Problem is she doesn't NEED any help - Hispanics will flock to her to stop Trump. She's also considering Tom Perez and a couple of female senators, also former Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano.

Chris Christie would seem like a shrewd pick because I imagine he would appeal to those centre ground democrats who might be gently pulled away from Hillary but if he can do that sharing a ticket with Trump will be a big ask.

Chris Christie would seem like a shrewd pick because I imagine he would appeal to those centre ground democrats who might be gently pulled away from Hillary but if he can do that sharing a ticket with Trump will be a big ask.

Agree on the Hilary point. Not Saunders, why would she pick a veep who has more chance of croaking than she has. Trump will probably pick Fozzie Bear to add some gravitas to the ticket.

• Like 1

Just my opinion, like.

That's an apt comparison. We are reaping the sowing of TV with "reality" shows and the general public's fondness for bad manners and trashy behavior. He reminds me of the president in the movie Idiotocracy. I'm sorry to say that this is where we seem to be headed.

I agree America has become a lot trashier under Obama.

You actually watch the news? Fucking hell

Indiana primary today.

Results should start flowing in soon.

Polls close in 1 hour and 10 minutes, but Indiana is split between time zones, so for some counties it will be 2 hours and 10 minutes.

Cruz was originally considering this state as a must-win to stop the Trump Train.

But the latest poll had Trump up by 15%.

The Democratic race is tight. Clinton leads in the polls by 5%-10%, but Sanders could pull off another Michigan-style upset because Indiana is largely white, working class and it's an open primary, meaning independents (who tend to favor him) can vote.

It's times like this, I'm glad I'm not American. (No offence to our US cousins)

• Like 1

Indiana primary today.

Results should start flowing in soon.

Polls close in 1 hour and 10 minutes, but Indiana is split between time zones, so for some counties it will be 2 hours and 10 minutes.

Cruz was originally considering this state as a must-win to stop the Trump Train.

But the latest poll had Trump up by 15%.

The Democratic race is tight. Clinton leads in the polls by 5%-10%, but Sanders could pull off another Michigan-style upset because Indiana is largely white, working class and it's an open primary, meaning independents (who tend to favor him) can vote.

Trump is back to some serious ranting - Cruz's dad implicated at a distance in shooting JFK or summat.

I've a hunch he loves the attention but would shit himself as president faced with proper responsibility.

Or am I wrong?

Trump is back to some serious ranting - Cruz's dad implicated at a distance in shooting JFK or summat.

To be fair I think being near Cruz or his dad would be enough for anyone's noggin to explode.

Early results show Clinton leading by 10% and Trump by 5%.

Could be it if the results don't change much.